Making the Argument for Sam Darnold (GMFB)

Greenseed4

Peter Schrags defends Darnold in the first portion of the clip, but comedy gold arrives (at 11:42)when Kyle Brandt defends against him. 

**transcription**

”And then there Sam Darnold, your honor, what can I say about this young man, I mean really, what can I say? I have no idea what to say about Sam Donald. I mean, where do you go? Should I say that he’s so safe, that in this case, drafting a Trojan feels even safer than using one?

Should I say that Darnold is going to be the first player to fail his physical on account of not having a pulse? Maybe. I’m hearing he wanted to do his pro day in the rain just to prove his latest system update wouldn’t short circuit. I mean, he’s not just West coast, he’s West World; fly lands in his eyeball he doesn’t blink! (Or maybe he’s “True Detective,” bad second season)... But really...

IT’S LIKE THE GUY IS PERFECT. He’s almost too perfect. Your honor, I looked through his entire Instagram history, and I’m calling BS! There’s something kind of “Dexter” going on here. Alright, 20-yr old dude. 20 years old... FAMILY pictures. CHILDHOOD pictures. John Wooden quotes, and Nelson Mandela on a twenty year olds?!

No way! This is a front! This is fake! Who ever drafts Darnold make sure to plug him in at the half so he can charge! All right? You don’t want him to get too low on batteries, his head will start spinning...”

I think we drafted the right guy.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

Baker did the headband “look at me!” thing. 

Rosen looked super clean cut. 

Sam didn’t even get a haircut for his pro-day. This kid is about football.  Not ego, or impressions. 

Yep. For the "Rosen doesn't eat, sleep, breathe Football!" crowd, here's your man. He's just a gym rat who wants to ball out. I'll admit I still preferred Rosen, but I'm still pretty damn happy about bringing in Darnold. Easily the best prospect this franchise has had in the 35 years I've been watching this bunch.

Archived