What did Pennington mean when he made this comment?

BigJermaineFromQnz

I wanted to bring this up a while back, but forgot about it in the wake of all the stuff going on...

I remember Chad saying something, while defending his right not to re-structure his contract. I believe it was something like:

"I did a lot of things for this team, and made a lot of sacrifices that the fans and media dont know about."

I think this means that it might be a possibilty that Herm was quietly telling him during training camp/preseason "I know your still injured, but we need you in there to start!", and just pressuring him in general to start throwing too early on his injured arm.

I'm not sure though...

If he can play again, great. If not-SUE THE JETS AND EDWARDS. That would be loads of fun. And he could probably leave Hermie broke working in the Y tracking down stray basketballs if in fact Edwards either pressured him or team doctors to deem him game ready when he knew he wasn't.

Seriously-ask Cimini this. May be he has some insight. It's pretty cryptic.

I couldn't believe the load of crap Herm was spewing at his press conference:

"The preacher asked 'how many people wanna go to heaven?' And everybody raised their hand. Then he asked 'how many people want to die', and nobody raised their hand. It's all about sacrifice."

Sacrifice? You mean other people, Herm?

Kind of like "[We lost, because]God didnt give him much in the way of height"?

First I've seen them mentioned. Not including his lack thereof once in a while. There's no way I'd restructure my contract if I were him. Its no secret he was pressured to play hurt more than once. Whether thats part of his job is debatable, but if he can't play again its not completely his fault. And in that case he should take whatever he can.

"I did a lot of things for this team, and made a lot of sacrifices that the fans and media dont know about."

by that Chad meant 'You try and sit here for 4 years andlisten to this utter neanderthal spew idiotic football jibberish and singlehandily dismantle a once good team.

Like I used to tell my kids when I coached -

There's a difference between playing hurt and playing injured.

In the NFL in this day and age there is nothing confusing about that.

Even if Herm 'pressured' Chad into playing, it falls on Chad's shoulders for going ahead and starting if he felt he wasn't up to the task. Chad's an adult, he knows the risks and in the end, he was the only one who knew whether he should be playing or not. With his almost overcompetitive attitude, I wouldn't have put it past him for him to be the one pushing to play, not Edwards

Like I used to tell my kids when I coached -

There's a difference between playing hurt and playing injured.

In the NFL in this day and age there is nothing confusing about that.

Even if Herm 'pressured' Chad into playing, it falls on Chad's shoulders for going ahead and starting if he felt he wasn't up to the task. Chad's an adult, he knows the risks and in the end, he was the only one who knew whether he should be playing or not. With his almost overcompetitive attitude, I wouldn't have put it past him for him to be the one pushing to play, not Edwards

I agree Pat, but how come that doesn't hold true for J. Abe also?? He got bashed for the same thing except in that case even Dr. Andrews said he shouldn't play..talk about double standards..

Archived