Observation of Attitude and Team Focus

Warfish

When the two players were asked variation of "why do you expect form yourself/what should your team expect/what should your new teams fans expect", they gave very different answers.

Mayfield, who was my personal preference, said "I expect to be the MVP".  He was about himself.

When Darnold, who I talked down alot due to his turnovers, was asked, his answer:  "A lot of Wins".  A team-focused answer.

Advantage:  Darnold.

Just an observation.

I loved Mayfield as a prospect, but he is in danger of buying into his own hype and becoming obsessed with his celebrity.  You could see more and more of it as the draft drew nearer.

He could have gone nuts in NY. Cleveland is probably a better fit for him.

Darnold is so even-keeled and all business that I don't think we will ever need to worry about him getting caught up in celebrity.

KRL put it best in another thread. I had Darnold third on my wish list behind Rosen and Mayfield, and subconsciously that was because there was realistically no shot of Sam at 3. But I think he’s got by far the best attitude of the bunch, and his upside is clearly highest without the injury concerns of the other two.

This just doesn’t happen to the Jets. I’d be alarmed as a Browns fan; that’s a very Manziel-esque answer from Mayfield.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

When the two players were asked variation of "why do you expect form yourself/what should your team expect/what should your new teams fans expect", they gave very different answers.

Mayfield, who was my personal preference, said "I expect to be the MVP".  He was about himself.

When Darnold, who I talked down alot due to his turnovers, was asked, his answer:  "A lot of Wins".  A team-focused answer.

Advantage:  Darnold.

Just an observation.

This is a great observation. Very true and revealing.

Archived