This is such a weird feeling

JOJOTOWNSELL

The Giants are in QB purgatory maybe but the Jets are in QB hell there's a huge difference. 

Yes maybe perhaps they finally have a QB

but the Giants will be getting 80 yard TDs out of Barkley weeks before Darnold takes his first snap. I can't tear that pick down, Both were really good picks. 

maybe Mayfield at 1 was the real boner pick and they actually helped the NYJ dodge a huge bullet 

Its not just that we finally have hope.

Think about the upside of this whole thing.

In one draft, we could get an upper echelon franchise QB, who our rival Giants passed on, while 2 teams in our division, who needed QBs took a project QB with accuracy issues and passed on a QB for a corner/safety.

I have no idea what the future holds for Darnold or the Jets, but I also cannot imagine what its like to get 10-15 years of 4000 yards 30 tds and 12 ints year in and year out.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The Browns dropped the ball here..that is if Darnold winds up better than Baker. 

Ward is a beast but it was super weird to see him go at 4... also to note..he’s 5’10.

The browns are the browns every single year for a reason. I wonder if they play mayfield out of the gate or let Taylor start off. Glad we got darnold, but could be 19 before we see him. 

12 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Like, do we actually have a qb?

We have the near-on-consensus best QB PROSPECT from the 2018 Draft.

He is, today, nothing more than a prospect.  He is not a "Franchise QB".  Not yet.

But yes, we're in the best spot we've been at QB since the day we drafted Sanchez or Pennington.

12 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

And do we have that qb because the our older brother the Giants passed on him? This is the day the student becomes the master.  

No, has nothing to do with the Giants. 

We have Darnold because the BROWNS bought 100% into Mayfield.

The Giants didn't pass, they were never drafting a QB at all.  They're all-in on Manning right now.

So the Giants are irrelevant, the Browns handed us Darnold by taking Mayfield.

Only time will tell who (if either) was right between Browns and Jets.

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

The browns are the browns every single year for a reason. I wonder if they play mayfield out of the gate or let Taylor start off. Glad we got darnold, but could be 19 before we see him. 

The only way we don’t see Darnold until 19’ is If he just isn’t ready. They aren’t about to hold him back if he looks the part of a starting QB.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The only way we don’t see Darnold until 19’ is If he just isn’t ready. They aren’t about to hold him back if he looks the part of a starting QB.

Bowles was pretty clear. They are not going to rush him in, but also hold him back. Darnold knows he has a lot to polish up on, he is only 20. If jets fall out of the playoff hunt end of year, he better play him some. I don’t want to see another year of Bowles acting like getting the team to 5, 6 wins was just as important as to winning the Super Bowl.  

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I find it really hard to believe that Darnold cant beat out McCown in camp

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He just led the nation in turnovers, college. He is suppose to just walk in the door and expect to play better in nfl then he did last yr in college ? Lol. Give the kid some time to clean up his game. He better beat josh McCown out in camp in 19 though lol

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Bowles was pretty clear. They are not going to rush him in, but also hold him back. Darnold knows he has a lot to polish up on, he is only 20. If jets fall out of the playoff hunt end of year, he better play him some. I don’t want to see another year of Bowles acting like getting the team to 5, 6 wins was just as important as to winning the Super Bowl.  

Yeah, what Bowles meant was..they won’t rush him in but if he’s ready, they won’t hold him back. It’s completely up to him if he starts week 1. He’ll have to light it up.

secondly, I’d like to highlight this...

the circumstances are so much different. Christan Hackenberg was a 2nd round pick who sucked BAD and Bryce Petty was a 4th round pick that sucked BAD. Darnold is super promising #3 overall pick that his franchise had to give up three 2nd round picks to get. He’s definitely going to start if he looks good this offseason.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah, what Bowles meant was..they won’t rush him in but if he’s ready, they won’t hold him back. It’s completely up to him if he starts week 1. He’ll have to light it up.

secondly, I’d like to highlight this...

the circumstances are so much different. Christan Hackenberg was a 2nd round pick who sucked BAD and Bryce Petty was a 4th round pick that sucked BAD. Darnold is super promising #3 overall pick that his franchise had to give up three 2nd round picks to get. He’s definitely going to start if he looks good this offseason.

Agree there. Much more promising by FAR than any qb we drafted in decades. McCown wasn’t give a 1 yr 10 mil to sit to start the year. He produced best yr a qb has in over a decade. With little to work with. I have doubts he will repeat it though. Obviously darnold playing over McCown is far more exciting. But given our history of qb development, I want to get it right with this kid. I won’t be the fan who is screaming to play him if he is not ready. He is only 20. I think McCown will be a good mentor to darnold. Most average qbs make better coaches lol

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Agree there. Much more promising by FAR than any qb we drafted in decades. McCown wasn’t give a 1 yr 10 mil to sit to start the year. He produced best yr a qb has in over a decade. With little to work with. I have doubts he will repeat it though. Obviously darnold playing over McCown is far more exciting. But given our history of qb development, I want to get it right with this kid. I won’t be the fan who is screaming to play him if he is not ready. He is only 20. I think McCown will be a good mentor to darnold. Most average qbs make better coaches lol

It's not outrageous to think that this year could lead to McCown joining the staff as the QB coach

in 2019

It does feel a little strange to actually have things break the Jets way for a change.  I thought Darnold was a pipe dream for the Jets this whole off season and then to have him fall into their laps was truly an awesome moment as a long suffering fan of this team. 

6 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

It does feel a little strange to actually have things break the Jets way for a change.  I thought Darnold was a pipe dream for the Jets this whole off season and then to have him fall into their laps was truly an awesome moment as a long suffering fan of this team. 

Did Joe Benigno say he “had to touch himself” again? 

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Its what happens when a coach is trying to hold on to his job.  In this case Chris Johnson either directly or through the GM needs to establish a clear blueprint with Bowles , this is when we expect Sam to start and if you block the progress your gone.

The Giants are in QB purgatory maybe but the Jets are in QB hell there's a huge difference. 
but the Giants will be getting 80 yard TDs out of Barkley weeks before Darnold takes his first snap. I can't tear that pick down, Both were really good picks. 

maybe Mayfield at 1 was the real boner pick and they actually helped the NYJ dodge a huge bullet 

Jet fans can only take so much sh$t. We are due and deserve this.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

59 minutes ago, KRL said:

It's not outrageous to think that this year could lead to McCown joining the staff as the QB coach

in 2019

I agree. We’ll respected in the locker room, not this 1 but the real one lol. I liked that he wanted to be on the sidelines to help with petty after going on IR. He could a valuable backup/qb coach in 19 for Sam. Since petty and hackenberg are not capable backups we will need some backups next yr. I think if teddy’s Knee makes the comeback, he will go to a team he can compete to start. I can’t imagjne darnold not being ready to start by 1st game in 19. 

Darnold looks like a large block of QB material ready to be sculpted. He sounds like an intelligent humble leader. The NFL gods have never been so kind to us, never mind those bastardo QB demi gods, how can this be? The curse would never allow this to be. Has anyone seen any signs that Joe Willy is still with us on this mortal plane of existence? Agile, athletic, big arm, big body, seems to have something going on in the old noggin, and his flaws seem very coachable. Plus his flaws are potentially outweighed by big time play making ability. Freaking Apocalypse must be right around the corner.

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Darnold looks like a large block of QB material ready to be sculpted. He sounds like an intelligent humble leader. The NFL gods have never been so kind to us, never mind those bastardo QB demi gods, how can this be? The curse would never allow this to be. Has anyone seen any signs that Joe Willy is still with us on this mortal plane of existence? Agile, athletic, big arm, big body, seems to have something going on in the old noggin, and his flaws seem very coachable. Plus his flaws are potentially outweighed by big time play making ability. Freaking Apocalypse must be right around the corner.

his demeanor and pure skill sets reminds me of a more raw andrew luck.  

3 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Image result for football gods pics

Just now, Embrace the Suck said:

A thick Andrew Luck. Sam just physically looks bigger than the other lanky qbs that look like they'll snap in half.

in the winners and losers analyses when people look back, the colts will wind up being the biggest losers.  they could have stayed at 3, drafted darnold and traded luck.  darnold is 10 years younger and luck can't throw a football.  even if/when luck returns, there's no telling how he will be able to absorb hits to his shoulder if he can't throw a year later after surgery.  

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Az trading in front of Miami too 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

We have the near-on-consensus best QB PROSPECT from the 2018 Draft.

He is, today, nothing more than a prospect.  He is not a "Franchise QB".  Not yet.

But yes, we're in the best spot we've been at QB since the day we drafted Sanchez or Pennington.

No, has nothing to do with the Giants. 

We have Darnold because the BROWNS bought 100% into Mayfield.

The Giants didn't pass, they were never drafting a QB at all.  They're all-in on Manning right now.

So the Giants are irrelevant, the Browns handed us Darnold by taking Mayfield.

Only time will tell who (if either) was right between Browns and Jets.

Yep. The Browns fell for the pump fake towards Mayfield. Browns 

Archived