Teams are trying to trade for Petty again

T0mShane

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Teams" is plural... I gotta say I'm surprised more than one team would legitimately consider giving up an asset for him. Tells him what they think about the job we've done with him relative to his potential... Because his performance in-game certainly hasn't indicated he's worthy of any kind of asset.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

"Teams" is plural... I gotta say I'm surprised more than one team would legitimately consider giving up an asset for him. Tells him what they think about the job we've done with him relative to his potential... Because his performance in-game certainly hasn't indicated he's worthy of any kind of asset.

The Jets haven't shown that they can develop anybody at the QB position in over 20 years and it is extremely concerning....

10 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

How the hell do you manage to find the most cynical view of anything that happens to this team every time? Isn't it exhausting?

I'm not even asking indignantly, I'm just flabbergasted at how you manage to pull that off.

This is how predators like me see the world, homeboy. 

13 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

How the hell do you manage to find the most cynical view of anything that happens to this team every time? Isn't it exhausting?

I'm not even asking indignantly, I'm just flabbergasted at how you manage to pull that off.

It’s TOM SHANE

24 minutes ago, jbt said:

he is getting cut so get anything.  a 2030 7th rounder will do

Pretty much this.  I would even exchange 7th rounders with the team picking right in front of us.

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Hey...if Macc could get a 2nd and Kearse from the Seahawks for a 1 year rental of Sheldon....maybe he can squeeze a 5th out of some other sucker.

Wait....who are Russ' backups?

Not Kaep, and Not Kaep 2, because politics.... Austin Davis and Stephen Morris. Basically nobody.

Ill get blasted for this but I think in the right situation (which is not here) Petty still has a chance to turn into a competent starting QB. There are a lot of positives about him, that just need the right system to bring out. 

I would trade him for almost anything though. A fifth would be spectacular.

24 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Tom's idol growing up was eeyore..f04af1561cd0fd139dfcac5847b4fca1.jpg

New Orleans was very high on Petty when he was coming out in the draft.  Since they did not select the QB yesterday when everyone thought they would perhaps Petty could be that guy behind Brees.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/Bolt/Saints-still-being-connected-to-Petty-37043440

Saints still being connected to Petty 

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

6_3253505.jpg

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Ill get blasted for this but I think in the right situation (which is not here) Petty still has a chance to turn into a competent starting QB. There are a lot of positives about him, that just need the right system to bring out. 

I would trade him for almost anything though. A fifth would be spectacular.

I agree.....

The Jets last drafted and developed a QB over 20 years ago........

While we see teams like MN and the Eagles with multiple quality QBs. This is not a coincidence.........

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

image.png

I was wondering why you were posting some rando fans wrong opinion about how getting value for a player who's on the chopping block is the same as not getting any value at all for them. and then I looked again and who it was. OMG.

I was pulling for Petty, really I was.   But how any GM could have watched him miss some easy throws so badly last season and still be interested is mind boggling.

I wish a team would offer something for Hack.   That would be funny.  Hack is even less accurate than Petty.   Scary.

It would seem that virtually anything the Jets get for Petty would be outright robbery.  That said, it's doubtful there is much being offered, I would imagine it's a much more likely scenario of another team willing to trade their own garbage that they are ready to move on from, rather than anything of significant value.  It's the same thing the Jets did just last year with Pryor for Davis and McDougle for Brooks.  Jets won out big time on both of those deals, so I'd still be all for that.

Archived