Teams are trying to trade for Petty again

T0mShane

1 minute ago, LionelRichie said:

Nobody is calling the jets about Petty.   This ‘leak’ is just a transparent attempt by the Jets FO to remind the league that Petty is still on a roster somewhere. 

Just like nobody wanted Sheldon and we should just cut 'em? 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, usapaw said:

I ain't no rookie son and I have watched the fools that think they know it all for 60 years. Fans are reactionary and have no patience to develop anyone. So another team wants a backup and we should dump him for a seventh rounder so we can go with a rookie, a gimp, a 38 year old and a guy that has never started a single game. Seems pretty smart to me.

Rook as in new poster on JN. You sound super ignorant in your attempts to water down other posters football knowledge in a means to raise your own. It’s lame, “son”.

Petty has numerous opportunities to not only get snaps but start. He failed to do so. Fans are allowed to be “reactionary” when they watch the guy go 3-12 with the same roster that the “38 year old career loser” did wonders with. 

He had a chance to beat him out in training camp. He didn’t.

He had a chance to prove his worth when Fitz went down. He didn’t.

He had a chance to prove his worth when McCosn went down. He didn’t. 

The only reason he was a 2nd stringer last season is because Hackenberg was worse...which is pretty unbelievable to be quite honest. Petty was 25 years old when he came out of college from a system that dooms QB’s from any type of progression in reading defenses, making ample NFL throws or calling audibles at the line of scrimmage. Petty was a 4th round pick in 2015 and hasn’t evolved into anything remotely promising at all. Chan Gailey’s spread should of helped him. It didn’t. That’s a comphrension issue. That’s a slow processor issue and with no progression at the age of 27..28...that’s an even bigger issue.

Calling posters stupid for realizing that Petty isn’t going to be anything in this league and wanting to get a pick during day 2 of the draft is asinine and uncalled for on the highest level. It’s bullsh*t.

Petty has has plenty of time to sit and learn and plenty of chances to do something with his experience. How long do you reckon we should wait? Until he is 34 and has sat behind 4 other coordinators? I’m all for patience and waiting.

Petty’s situation though? Go get a damn pick for him.

Petty is just taking up a roster spot at this point. He adds nothing of value to our QB depth chart as you are suggesting.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets leaked this information to put out the false narrative that "multiple" teams are interested.

He's clearly, eventually going to get cut....why would anyone give up a pick for him?

Answer:  Because they foolishly think some other team is going to trade for him first.

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets leaked this information to put out the false narrative that "multiple" teams are interested.

He's clearly, eventually going to get cut....why would anyone give up a pick for him?

Answer:  Because they foolishly think some other team is going to trade for him first.

Unless they give off the impression that he could cut Hack instead.

10 minutes ago, james casey said:

bigger concern what happens when hack gets cut and a certain football guru picks him up and gets Josh and Brady to work with him and as per Jets luck-he becomes Brady replacement

I am actually pretty opposed to cutting Hack.  He has to be able to get a little better.  He is under contract, and hopefully if they can shape him up he could either be a backup or traded.  I think MacBowles are actually somewhat exposed if they cut Hack and he turns out remotely decent.  The opportunity for Hack is either to get something back in a trade, a paid for back up next year, or maybe a comp pick if he goes off and signs elsewhere after his contract expires.  

The NEP do run a system that is more Hack favorable.  

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

If Macc gets anything more than a conditional 7th rounder, I'd do a little happy dance. If he gets a straight up 7th rounder, I'll do the safety dance. 

This would be a good opportunity to trade Petty for a pick and a bad contract with one year remaining. 

Sirius radio channel 33 at 8 pm thru the night 80’s 90’s new wave rock ‘Safety Dance’ nonstop mix for 7 hours straight. ?

18 minutes ago, james casey said:

bigger concern what happens when hack gets cut and a certain football guru picks him up and gets Josh and Brady to work with him and as per Jets luck-he becomes Brady replacement

Bite your ?. In fact pour a bottle of Mexican caliente sauce over your burrito today. Here’s a beer to extinguish the fire ? ?

2 hours ago, Jeff Spicoli said:

I have a feeling the Jets put this out there to get some kind of interest/market for a player they'll probably cut soon anyway. Hopefully it works and we get something/anything. 

This is the planted story

no one wants Bryce Petty 

2 hours ago, varjet said:

I am actually pretty opposed to cutting Hack.  He has to be able to get a little better.  He is under contract, and hopefully if they can shape him up he could either be a backup or traded.  I think MacBowles are actually somewhat exposed if they cut Hack and he turns out remotely decent.  The opportunity for Hack is either to get something back in a trade, a paid for back up next year, or maybe a comp pick if he goes off and signs elsewhere after his contract expires.  

The NEP do run a system that is more Hack favorable.  

We know Petty cannot play.  We only suspect it with Hack. You can never say for certain unless he takes snaps

Archived