Welcome Nathan Shepherd

LAD_Brooklyn

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most Jets fans dont seem to realize that DL is actually a need for us now. Experts seem high on him so Okay

You are absolutely correct the DL needs some help. However, the OL needs so much more help. We are short on draft picks (5th I think is gone for SF corner back) and take the best tackle and if he fails move him to guard.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dude have you been following the Jets under the Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles regime? 

We question and mock everything they do, because its usually bad. 

25+ years scouting........ we haven't won jack sh*t in 49 years..................

Everything Macc does is usually bad? Man you need to put some glasses on. We have Sam Darnold because of Macc’s trade. If he wanted to go Shepherd then I’m going to assume that’s the best pick on the board for him. 

Its whatever, ride with the pick, don’t cry about it.

I want one of you to play GM for a few months and let’s see how you do.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Everything Macc does is usually bad? Man you need to put some glasses on. We have Sam Darnold because of Macc’s trade. If he wanted to go Shepherd then I’m going to assume that’s the best pick on the board for him. 

Its whatever, ride with the pick, don’t cry about it.

I want one of you to play GM for a few months and let’s see how you do.

We have Sam Darnold because the Cleveland organization is dumber than the NY Jets organization. 

No one is crying we are disgusted with the pick of another player who if not on the NY Jets roster not in the NFL. 

I’m just mad because a guy that is raw and 25 means he may not even be productive until he is 27-28. That is insane. Yes, I understand the draft is a crapshoot etc but why draft someone that old that isn’t even ready? I don’t think Mac understands value, positional value and the time to develope/age factor of prospects. 

3 minutes ago, kthisguy said:

You are absolutely correct the DL needs some help. However, the OL needs so much more help. We are short on draft picks (5th I think is gone for SF corner back) and take the best tackle and if he fails move him to guard.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We've got 1 pick each in every remaining round:

image.png

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We have Sam Darnold because the Cleveland organization is dumber than the NY Jets organization. 

No one is crying we are disgusted with the pick of another player who if not on the NY Jets roster not in the NFL. 

Okay, let me rephrase for you than, JW. We have a TOP 3 FRANCHISE QB because Macc traded Sheldon for Kearse and a 2nd and then flipped that very 2nd with two of our own for a Top 3 pick. He then had the smarts to take Darnold with 2 other top 5 QB’s still on the board. We have our 1st overall pick, a solid WR and a top 3 QB because of Macc. 

To put Macc’s successful moves leading up to Darnold off on the Browns ineptitude is utterly stupid and a huge failure of a deflection towards the truth. 

Macc thought Shepherd was the guy to go with so now he’s our guy. You people whine, b*tch and moan about everything..but then you want to say “Oh people will complain when we win the Super Bowl.” 

OH..ironic.

Hes a Jet now, so you might as well put your big boy boxers on and hope for the best. A 2nd/3rd projected pick by the whole world and you actually think he wouldn’t be in the league without us picking him? 

Riiiiiiiight.

9 minutes ago, kthisguy said:

We are short on draft picks (5th I think is gone for SF corner back) and take the best tackle and if he fails move him to guard.

Yeah, but we have Dallas' 5th from a draft day trade last year.

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m just mad because a guy that is raw and 25 means he may not even be productive until he is 27-28. That is insane. Yes, I understand the draft is a crapshoot etc but why draft someone that old that isn’t even ready? I don’t think Mac understands value, positional value and the time to develope/age factor of prospects. 

Jets third-round DE Nathan Shepherd will turn 25 in October: Maccagnan: "I really don't feel he's too old of an investment (for) a draft pick." Bowles: "I definitely think he's more pro-ready than people think."

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Considering that he was mocked in the 2nd round, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Okay, let me rephrase for you than, JW. We have a TOP 3 FRANCHISE QB because Macc traded Sheldon for Kearse and a 2nd and then flipped that very 2nd with two of our own for a Top 3 pick. He then had the smarts to take Darnold with 2 other top 5 QB’s still on the board. We have our 1st overall pick, a solid WR and a top 3 QB because of Macc. 

To put Macc’s successful moves leading up to Darnold off on the Browns ineptitude is utterly stupid and a huge failure of a deflection of the truth. 

Macc thought Shepherd was the guy so now he’s our guy. You people whine, b*tch and moan about everything..but then you want to say “Oh people will complain when we win the Super Bowl.” 

OH..ironic.

Hes a Jet now do you might as well put your big boy boxers on and hope for the best.

I was all in on Sam Darnold last season and I wasn't all in on suck for Sam. 

How many QB's did you flip-flop for?  

I bitch and moan about nothing you bitch and moan about everything and anyone. 

Give it a rest this board is JetNation.com not PatriotKilla.com

Mac nailed the Darnold pick, trade up, smokescreen and all. It was his masterpiece. He still makes really dumb decisions though that you would think a professional GM wouldn’t make is all. It’s not just he jets but our depleted roster is a result of multiple Jets GMs making these type of decisions over the last 10 years. I’m still very optimistic and behind this team but I can’t not critique his style of drafting or thought process. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I was all in on Sam Darnold last season and I wasn't all in on suck for Sam. 

How many QB's did you flip-flop for?  

I bitch and moan about nothing you bitch and moan about everything and anyone. 

Give it a rest this board is JetNation.com not PatriotKilla.com

Flip Flop? Lmaooooooo. Tell me how flip flopping is liking two QB prospects. I’m dying to know. 

What, because i changed my avatar a few times I’m to be condemned to the pits of hell for my actions? 

Get a grip man. Nothing of what you are saying has anything to do with the main conversation at hand. You just like pointing fingers over dumb sh*t.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Jets third-round DE Nathan Shepherd will turn 25 in October: Maccagnan: "I really don't feel he's too old of an investment (for) a draft pick." Bowles: "I definitely think he's more pro-ready than people think."

I hope so. These old guys rarely work out but I loved Pouha. 

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

This kid had a 2nd round grade and the positional value is there. I don’t mind the pick, I just wish we invested in protecting our savior at QB. 

I agree but this is better than reaching for a crappy prospect.

now that we have the qb, finally, mccagnan should stick to BAP and buy needs in FA.  That’s what he can do now that he has darnold.  

Maybe this will just be our draft and a late round OL will pan out in the zone blocking scheme. Maybe next year’s draft and free agency will work out perfect for the OL. One thing that I must give a Mac credit for is coming through when it’s crunch time. He procrastinates like no other but then pulls off something amazing when it’s needed like the Richardson trade and the trade up for our QB. I’m done venting and looking forward to day 3. 

4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

This kid had a 2nd round grade and the positional value is there. I don’t mind the pick, I just wish we invested in protecting our savior at QB. 

You think the NY jets would make it through the first 3 rounds without taking a D player ? Bowles is pissed he had to wait until the 3rd round for a d player. I don’t think that has happened in like 12 years lol

NFL draft guru Mike Mayock projects Shepherd to go somewhere between the second and third rounds later this month.

“Malik Jackson (Jacksonville defensive tackle), that’s the comparison I’ve got, which is a pretty nice comparison,” Mayock said. “The nice thing for (Shepherd) is he can play inside and outside.

“I think some of the 3-4 teams are going to like him as a five-technique, a defensive end. He’s very raw and how high he goes will depend on whether or not teams think he can rush the quarterback from any position.”

Archived