13. Nyheim Hines RB NC State
  14. Jeff Holland Edge Auburn
  15. Jamil Demby OL Maine
  16. Kyzir White S West Virginia
  17. Anthony Averett CB Alabama
  18. Josh Sweat Edge Florida State
  19. Bo Scarborough RB Alabama
  20. Godwin Igwuibuke S Northwestern

I like the idea of pairing Darnold with a new TE for them to grow together....Thomas would be nice...

11 minutes ago, C Mart said:

@Jenny Vrentas

Some teams may have taken Maurice Hurst Jr off their boards but others may have put him on a risk & reward board—a player with a 1st-round grade and a health concern may go in the 4/5 rd, where risk of the pick is

"He's only going to play for 4-3, upfield teams as a three-technique. That's the only place that works for him. He's got a get-off that is crazy fast and if he gets with the right coordinator, he's going to be tough to block." - AFC team area scout

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/maurice-hurst?id=32462018-0002-5598-8798-e46b4c7bd5a7

Do Brown's play a 4-3? Could see them taking a flyer on this guy early in 4th.

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I honestly didn’t realize Josh Sweat was still available. How ?! We need to draft him if he’s there.

agree

Note: I have yet to find that the Jets brought him in for a top 30 visit. With his knee history, I question if they have any interest in him without bringing him in for their Drs to check out unless they were happy w/the combine health reports.

for those asking about his knee...some history

- Josh Sweat of Florida State has built a lot of momentum for himself off his terrific combine workout. Despite the fact that he was a great athlete entering college, several teams were surprised by his performance today. His numbers included 4.53 in the 40, 39.5 inches in the vertical jump, 10-foot-4 in the broad jump and a short shuttle of 4.28. I’m told Sweat is expected to participate in extensive coverage drills during Florida State's pro day on March 20, which could solidify him as a top-60 pick. The teams presently the most interested in Sweat include the New York Jets, Carolina Panthers, San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys. 

Pro Day March 21, 2018 | Tony Pauline

On the other hand, pass rusher Josh Sweat continues to impress. Sweat clocked anywhere from 6.88 to 6.95 in the three-cone and looked good in both defensive line and linebacker drills. The linebacker drills were run by the Baltimore Ravens.

The Cincinnati Bengals, Philadelphia Eagles and New York Jets all had coaches on hand to watch Sweat, who will be working out for the San Francisco 49ers later this week.

After the workout, Sweat interviewed with the Seattle Seahawks and Tampa Bay Bucs, who sent their general managers.

http://draftanalyst.com/combine-notes-day-6

One of the more intriguing NFL draft prospects this year is pass rusher Josh Sweat out of Florida State, who absolutely blew up the combine earlier this year.

There have already been some serious questions about how he’ll do at the NFL level due to his lack of production in college — he had just 14.5 sacks in 35 games. For this reason alone, we identified Sweat as one of the riskiest prospects this year.

However, new information has now come out that could potentially cause Sweat to drop in the draft. According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, Sweat had surgery on his ACL, MCL and PCL in college, (wrong - he was in HS..see below) and “some NFL clubs have moved Sweat down their draft boards or in the case for some teams completely off the board.”

Rapoport also noted that “some NFL teams are indeed comfortable with Sweat’s knee, short and long term.” That said, this injury caused Sweat to miss practices during his tenure at Florida State, and guys who can’t practice every day at the NFL level tend to struggle.

Needless to say, this risky prospect has teams thinking long and hard about whether to take the gamble and draft him or leave well enough alone.

Starting his senior year as the top-rated prospect in the country by ESPN, Sweat registered 25 tackles, 11 tackles for loss, and eight sacks in the first two games of the season. During the third game of the season, against Western Branch High School, Sweat suffered a season-ending injury as he dislocated his knee and tore his ACL. He underwent reconstructive surgery in New York performed by New York Giants team physician Russell Warren, before graduating from Oscar Smith in December 2014 to enroll early in college.

54 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I hope you are not suggesting, the jets were actually going to pick a Olineman before the 5th round. Are you crazy ? That’s taboo for NY jets ! Yes I was disappointed we didn’t address the biggest weakness of the team, Oline. Which means likely we won’t see darnold this yr. They aren’t even attempting to fix that issue. We know darnold did amazing 2 years ago when he had a good Oline. Last he did not , which hopefully is only reason why he led nation in turnovers. I guess we will have to wait until next FA/draft to bolster this weak line for the kid.

I really don't see the OL as being as bad as you.  We upgraded at center, Winters was a cripple last year, we invested decent $$ into Beachum so he's not going anywhere, Carpenter was great year 1 and iffy year 2  and Shell is gaining experience.  Biggest weakness to me remains NO PASS RUSH...

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Some names for positions IMO Jets still need..Bolded Jets have brought in or worked out

Duke Ejiofor, Sweat, Holland, OO, Armstrong...

OL - Toth - Army, Matthew Gono - G, Wesley, Jamil Demby, OT, Maine, Nicholas Falah, C, USC (Pro Day)

Just can't take any of the Oline guys on this list in 4th.

28 minutes ago, C Mart said:

agree

Note: I have yet to find that the Jets brought him in for a top 30 visit. With his knee history, I question if they have any interest in him without bringing him in for their Drs to check out unless they were happy w/the combine health reports.

for those asking about his knee...some history

- Josh Sweat of Florida State has built a lot of momentum for himself off his terrific combine workout. Despite the fact that he was a great athlete entering college, several teams were surprised by his performance today. His numbers included 4.53 in the 40, 39.5 inches in the vertical jump, 10-foot-4 in the broad jump and a short shuttle of 4.28. I’m told Sweat is expected to participate in extensive coverage drills during Florida State's pro day on March 20, which could solidify him as a top-60 pick. The teams presently the most interested in Sweat include the New York Jets, Carolina Panthers, San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys. 

Pro Day March 21, 2018 | Tony Pauline

On the other hand, pass rusher Josh Sweat continues to impress. Sweat clocked anywhere from 6.88 to 6.95 in the three-cone and looked good in both defensive line and linebacker drills. The linebacker drills were run by the Baltimore Ravens.

The Cincinnati Bengals, Philadelphia Eagles and New York Jets all had coaches on hand to watch Sweat, who will be working out for the San Francisco 49ers later this week.

After the workout, Sweat interviewed with the Seattle Seahawks and Tampa Bay Bucs, who sent their general managers.

http://draftanalyst.com/combine-notes-day-6

One of the more intriguing NFL draft prospects this year is pass rusher Josh Sweat out of Florida State, who absolutely blew up the combine earlier this year.

There have already been some serious questions about how he’ll do at the NFL level due to his lack of production in college — he had just 14.5 sacks in 35 games. For this reason alone, we identified Sweat as one of the riskiest prospects this year.

However, new information has now come out that could potentially cause Sweat to drop in the draft. According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, Sweat had surgery on his ACL, MCL and PCL in college, (wrong - he was in HS..see below) and “some NFL clubs have moved Sweat down their draft boards or in the case for some teams completely off the board.”

Rapoport also noted that “some NFL teams are indeed comfortable with Sweat’s knee, short and long term.” That said, this injury caused Sweat to miss practices during his tenure at Florida State, and guys who can’t practice every day at the NFL level tend to struggle.

Needless to say, this risky prospect has teams thinking long and hard about whether to take the gamble and draft him or leave well enough alone.

Starting his senior year as the top-rated prospect in the country by ESPN, Sweat registered 25 tackles, 11 tackles for loss, and eight sacks in the first two games of the season. During the third game of the season, against Western Branch High School, Sweat suffered a season-ending injury as he dislocated his knee and tore his ACL. He underwent reconstructive surgery in New York performed by New York Giants team physician Russell Warren, before graduating from Oscar Smith in December 2014 to enroll early in college.

FWIW, Carolina has 1st pick in rd 4.

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Keep an eye on Brett Toth - Army in the 5th or 6th. Has a 2 yr commitment but he impressed all through the pre-draft process. Could be future LT..Jets have Beachum for 2 more yrs and Ijana this year.

What about Shell?  I'd rather get Crosby here or Sweat/Okoronkwo, assuming one of them last at least the next 7 picks.   Selecting a DT in round 3 really fuccked up our opportunities.  It's not like I don't like the player there,  just not the position we needed to fill so desperately like T or OLB.  I mean how much longer can we stand to watch Mauldin start (once he returns to health)?  And how much longer will Beachum remain reliable and the other side with Shell/Ilajaana makes me very nervous.

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

His name is Antonio Calloway.

Legit first round talent (check him out in draft forum) but he loves the weed.  If he’s there in 5th we gotta take him. Gotta. He was one of the guys we brought him in for a visit, and we seem to have a pretty stout “second chances” policy in place under Chris Johnson’s watch. 

He's got other issues besides the positive result for weed.  He will either be a round 7 or not be drafted.  He's going to be a UDFA, IMO. 

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

Just bust'in , CMart. I absolutley love Toth. He would be worth the wait. 

he got worked over pretty hard i thought at the E-W shrine or Senior bowl, whichever that was. His stock cooled dramatically after that. 

Just now, Paradis said:

he got worked over pretty hard i thought at the E-W shrine or Senior bowl, whichever that was. His stock cooled dramatically after that. 

I hear ya, but unlike the other 99% of the guys at the Senior Bowl, he didn't have the luxury to train for the next 2 mos. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I wouldn’t take him before the 6th, but I still like him.

I think the Jets have already met with him at least twice as well.

I think he’s more of a RT but at least he’s a decent zone fit and could potentially push Shell as a rookie.

1 hour ago, BigO said:

Eq St. Brown WR Norte Dame. This kid is a nightmare matchup in the red zone. Darnold needs a WR to grow with. Has good speed, good hands, makes tough catches in traffic instead of these little peep squeaks we have on this roster.

Love me some St. Brown.  But I just think Crosby at OT or Okoronkwo/Sweat as an EDGE defender would be the more appropriate selection at this point.  If we don't get St. Brown, there is another similar Big Red Zone Wr type and thats the Iowa St kid Lazard.  I'd be happpy with him in rd 5, 6 or 7

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Probably because he has the 2 yr commitment in the Army. Not sure of that process. Maybe he can try and get out of the last year. 

From Tony Pauline:

NFL Draft Live Wire - Day 3

Sweat_1.jpg?itok=fvGZx88s
nfl's picture

Tony Pauline

Draft Analyst Writer
Share facebook.png twitter.png pinterest.png email.png

The final day of the 2018 NFL Draft is here and there’s still plenty of value still on the board.  Here’s the live wire for day three.

*I’m told the New York Jets will look to come out of day three with a receiver, preferably someone they can line up in the slot, and hope to continue to fortify their defensive line.  The Jets drafted a potentially very good player in Nathan Shepherd , the defensive lineman from Fort Hays State last night in the third round.  Sources from the organization tell me Josh Sweat of Florida State as well as Jullian Taylor of Temple are two potential targets.  The team would also like to add a nickel player in the secondary today and linebacker Jack Cichy will be a consideration at some point if he’s still available.

* Once the draft is complete look for the Jets to load up on offensive lineman and running backs from the class of UDFA’s. 

12 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

He’s got an odd shape, like a Marshmellow on a Toothpick. 

Crosby is 6'4+" 310+ lbs  w/ long arms.  I don't think his frame/legs are overly skinny.  He has great grades in pass protection.

10451156_web1_ap_17273086842875.jpg

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

No issue w/ESBrown

little peep squeaks?

Pryor, QE, Hanson, Anderson, Peake are all 6'2" or more..Kearse, Stewart are 6'1

6’5 compared to 6’1 is no comparison. EQ played lights out and Kiser wasn’t exactly a great QB to work with.  Peaks is an afterthought. He’ll be cut. Kearse is a JAG and good trade bait. Marshall is another practice squad reject. I’d dump Anderson for a draft pick as well. EQ EQ EQ

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Crosby is 6'4+" 310+ lbs  w/ long arms.  I don't think his frame/legs are overly skinny.  He has great grades in pass protection.

10451156_web1_ap_17273086842875.jpg

He’s ESPNs best remaining prospect, and needs to “sit for a year”; I just think he’s top-heavy. 

Built like a tee’d up golf ball. 

12 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

From Tony Pauline:

NFL Draft Live Wire - Day 3

Sweat_1.jpg?itok=fvGZx88s
nfl's picture

Tony Pauline

Draft Analyst Writer
Share facebook.png twitter.png pinterest.png email.png

The final day of the 2018 NFL Draft is here and there’s still plenty of value still on the board.  Here’s the live wire for day three.

*I’m told the New York Jets will look to come out of day three with a receiver, preferably someone they can line up in the slot, and hope to continue to fortify their defensive line.  The Jets drafted a potentially very good player in Nathan Shepherd , the defensive lineman from Fort Hays State last night in the third round.  Sources from the organization tell me Josh Sweat of Florida State as well as Jullian Taylor of Temple are two potential targets.  The team would also like to add a nickel player in the secondary today and linebacker Jack Cichy will be a consideration at some point if he’s still available.

* Once the draft is complete look for the Jets to load up on offensive lineman and running backs from the class of UDFA’s. 

@Paradis

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

hmm doesn't sound good. Slot WR? sigh... the good ones are gone. Ton of Red zone TD targets.

If there's a corner that fits that bill that i like, it's Danny Johnson from Southern. Baller. 

Hamilton would be awesome if they want a slot who can route run and catch well.

Archived