Day-3 (Rounds 4-7)

Greenseed4

Just now, peekskill68 said:

We all watched all the games last year.  Maybe it was Wilkerson, maybe it was more than that, but to me the DL played worse than the OL.  We had some run game and our pass protection was average.  We had NO QB pressure of any note from the DL and the run D dropped off quite a bit from the prior year.  JMO...

Thank you

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Pac said:

Gear up for the mini-draft, son..  In the meantime pour yourself an Arnie Palmer Iced Tea and enjoy Macc putting together what sounds like a solid day.

Macc is amazing at drafting 7th-string interior linemen and corners.  Meanwhile our rookie QB's career will end before it starts when he gets sacked more than any QB in the league.  

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

you take away Sam Darnold -- and this is a horrific draft for the Jets who can't seem to figure out how to groom an offense.

Individually those players are fine. Collectively, for this team - it's horsesh*t. 

Macc doesn't know how to move the motherfcking needle.

That's good.  I don't want a GM who tries to move the needle.  I want a GM that tries to win.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

4 years isn’t overnight. He doesn’t deserve to spend any money next year. He deserves to be shown the door. 

Honestly, the worst thing that could have happened to this franchise was Fitz. That fools gold year tricked woody into going for it. In doing so, we blew 2 years. You say 4 years, we're on year 2. 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

you take away Sam Darnold -- and this is a horrific draft for the Jets who can't seem to figure out how to groom an offense.

Individually those players are fine. Collectively, for this team - it's horsesh*t. 

Train wreck draft aside from Darnold (though I like Nickerson in the 6th). Maccagnan’s team building strategy is hugely flawed IMO. 

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

No. Posting like a 16 year old  kid like you are prone to do is childish.  Maybe you are 16 I guess.

Telling you to reference the vast wealth of information at your fingertips is hardly childish.

Stop he’s a new Gen X Jets fan. And he’s 18. Legal. He’ll carry the torch ? 50 years from now. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Why is it sht for this team but fine individually?? Makes no sense. 

They drafted a tight end. Two wrs last year. And a rb. Another TE we’ve yet to see play. What because we didn’t take oline? Meh. 

If you're drafting for need in the 6th round you're a f*cking idiot. The Jets are preparing for life after Leonard Williams. They've learned their lesson about paying a 3/4 DE top money. With these late round picks you have to take the best guys on your board regardless of position.

Just now, RVAJet815 said:

Honestly, the worst thing that could have happened to this franchise was Fitz. That fools gold year tricked woody into going for it. In doing so, we blew 2 years. You say 4 years, we're on year 2. 

Yeah. That’s not how this works. He doesn’t get a mulligan on the first two years. 

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

Train wreck draft aside from Darnold (though I like Nickerson in the 6th). Maccagnan’s team building strategy is hugely flawed IMO. 

Mac’s mother thinks likewise and told him to lay off the coffee.

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

I like the draft so far. I’m just a little lost that we took another DT after trading for one seconds ago. 

Thats my thing.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yeah. That’s not how this works. He doesn’t get a mulligan on the first two years. 

Clearly, since he still has a job...he does. And for the record, while I;m confused a little by the tradedown thing, this isn't that controversial a draft. 

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

If you're drafting for need in the 6th round you're a f*cking idiot. The Jets are preparing for life after Leonard Williams. They've learned their lesson about paying a 3/4 DE top money. With these late round picks you have to take the best guys on your board regardless of position.

Then why draft the guy in the first place SMH ??‍♂️ 

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How bout a 3rd round O-lineman?  Or 5th round lineman?  Or any O-lineman of significance in any of Macc's previous 3 drafts?

How about adding real talent early rounds next year and with another vet, to protect the kid when he actually plays.

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Because everyone here thinks they have the capability of running a NFL franchise team. So we take a couple DTs and people start to cry like 3 year olds. Let’s not act like the Eagles just won the Super Bowl with a dominant defensive line. 

People just like to bitch and bitch and bitch some more. Give me a ******* break. 

Bowles has had how many #1 defensive picks to work with , what makes us all think he'll make things work with 6th and 7th round picks. 

1 minute ago, BigO said:

Stop he’s a new Gen X Jets fan. And he’s 18. Legal. He’ll carry the torch ? 50 years from now. 

Ahhh piss off. I’m older than both suggested ages. You people act ridiculous sometimes. I don’t like the DT pick after trading for one. That’s all.

It is what it is. You all love to attack my age yet half of you aren’t as well articulated or football knowledgeable with the temperament that I have. 

Be jelly. I’m probably smarter than your kids.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

True! And Mac stepped in a big pile of sh*t Thursday morning and got Sam. He’s a terrible terrible terrible GM.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I find it hard to believe he won't see the field at all this season.  

Could be a Goff scenario. See how the line holds up, how the talent guys look...then put him in late in the year when he's ready. If the line is a mess as everyone says, he may not. Personally, I don't think the OL will be as bad as everyone thinks it will be.

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Why is it sht for this team but fine individually?? Makes no sense. 

They drafted a tight end. Two wrs last year. And a rb. Another TE we’ve yet to see play. What because we didn’t take oline? Meh. 

I guess the difference for me is -- I have zero faith in his previous picks. McGuire, Stewart, Hansen, Leggett etc, they all smelled like busts from the minute the card was turned in and they've done little to disprove that. So I'm looking at this opportunities from a place where we don't have depth at WR...RB. etc. 

I'm open to being wrong about the way the roster comes together. I'm also open to see OUR FCKING NAME being the one associated with drafting both SUTTON and HAMILTON... or FREEMAN and HINES... or HURTS and ANDREWS.... and not 325 Defensive linemen. 

Just now, section314 said:

They must really think Mauldin will be the player they think he is or another year of not addressing the edge rusher is criminal.

I think Macc just accepted the fact that he couldn’t fill every hole (giggity) in one offseason.

This Edgerusher class was full of nothing but giant question marks aside from Chubb and the FA pool at the position was severely weak as well.

Going into next offseason, the top priorities absolutely have to be passrusher, OL and WR.

Archived