Day-3 (Rounds 4-7)

Greenseed4

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So if outside experts say that the Jets did a good job with this draft , you won't believe it.

And if outside experts said the Jets did horrible you'd be saying they know nothing and ignore them - can't have it both ways always with jet colored glasses.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Were the Eagles guys 6th rounders? Legit question.

I like the DE we traded for and I really like Shepherd...still don’t know about that last DE/DT though.

That's the one I'm meh on but i'm just pissed at all this ******* WHINING

Empty souls with no reason to exist but to be miserable and spread misery to others.

3 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Could be a Goff scenario. See how the line holds up, how the talent guys look...then put him in late in the year when he's ready. If the line is a mess as everyone says, he may not. Personally, I don't think the OL will be as bad as everyone thinks it will be.

You have to go out of your way to draft O-linemen these days.  The goal isn't for it to "beat expectations".  The goal is for it be a line you can win a Super Bowl behind.  And nothing we've done in the draft has proven that's a priority for 4 straight years. 

It seems like the other 31 teams understand that you need to devote draft capital in the line every single year.  Even the Colts have finally seemed to learn that lesson after watching Luck get killed behind their crappy line.  

Last pick -- I would like to see a WR or RB who returns punts.  We are not getting an Edge or OL who is going to have an impact in the next couple of seasons at this stage.  Lets get a guy to return kicks.

I wonder what players on other teams will be available via trade now that their potential replacements were drafted. Mac seems to be pretty good at getting value in these type of trades.  Or like I said earlier, take on a bad contract of a guy that still has potential and redo the deal if he has a decent year.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Last pick -- I would like to see a WR or RB who returns punts.  We are not getting an Edge or OL who is going to have an impact in the next couple of seasons at this stage.  Lets get a guy to return kicks.

Martez Carter, RB-RS, Grambling.  Darren Sproles type.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You have to go out of your way to draft O-linemen these days.  The goal isn't for it to "beat expectations".  The goal is for it be a line you can win a Super Bowl behind.  And nothing we've done in the draft has proven that's a priority for 4 straight years. 

It seems like the other 31 teams understand that you need to devote draft capital in the position every single year.  Even the Colts have finally seemed to learn that lesson after watching Luck get killed behind their crappy line.  

The top of the 2nd round, two guards led off.  

Mccagnan will wind up overpaying in FA for linemen next year.  At some point he’ll have to spend money there.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I think Macc just accepted the fact that he couldn’t fill every hole (giggity) in one offseason.

This Edgerusher class was full of nothing but giant question marks aside from Chubb and the FA pool at the position was severely weak as well.

Going into next offseason, the top priorities absolutely have to be passrusher, OL and WR.

Agreed.

Mac is all about equity period. 

He is not desperately looking to save the franchise with every pick. I’m glad we finally have someone playing chess rather than looking for a checkers double jump with every move.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

The top of the 2nd round, two guards led off.  

Mccagnan will wind up overpaying in FA for linemen next year.  At some point he’ll have to spend money there.

Nature of the beast. We'll have the money to spend. May as well spend it.

29 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Here's our defensive line right now

92 - Leonard Williams 6'5 300 USC (DE/DT)
    99 - Steve McLendon 6'3" 310 Troy (DT)
    98 - Mike Pennel 6'4" 332 Duke (DT) CSU-Pueblo (UFA, re-signed)
    75 - Xavier Cooper 6'4" 300 Washington State (DE/DT)  (UFA, re-signed)
    93 - Deon Simon 6'4" 330 Northwest St LA  (DT)  ++ Exclusive Rights Free Agent ++
    XX - Claude Pelon  6'4" 300 USC  (DE/DT)  (Reserve / Future Contract)
    xx - Nathan Shepherd 6'4" 315  Ft. Hays State (2018 Draft Pick)

xx - Foley Fatukasi 6'4" 318 UCONN (2018 Draft Pick)

xx - Henry Anderson 6'6" 300  Stanford (Acquired Via Trade with Indianapolis)

An amazing amount of resources spent on a group that doesn’t have a pass rusher anywhere in the ranks.

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I guess the difference for me is -- I have zero faith in his previous picks. McGuire, Stewart, Hansen, Leggett etc, they all smelled like busts from the minute the card was turned in and they've done little to disprove that. So I'm looking at this opportunities from a place where we don't have depth at WR...RB. etc. 

I'm open to being wrong about the way the roster comes together. I'm also open to see OUR FCKING NAME being the one associated with drafting both SUTTON and HAMILTON... or FREEMAN and HINES... or HURTS and ANDREWS.... and not 325 Defensive linemen. 

I get it. But just because you think they’re busts after one season doesn’t mean they are. They barely played. WRs especially take a while to get going. Let alone later round guys. 

Disappointed to see yet another Defensive focussed draft.

Yes, we got the no-brainer pick in Darnold, and that's good.

Other than that, all was got was a mediocre TE prospect.

The Defense, as always it seems, as now chewing up the rest of our picks, on positions it feels like we've been burning picks on every year for years.  Or so it feels.

Our O-line is materially below average.  The FA's we got are a JAG-filled lot.

When we anyone take our O-Line seriously?  And we will be keeping Darnold's uniform clean?

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

An amazing amount of resources spent on a group that doesn’t have a pass rusher anywhere in the ranks.

If you knew anything about football you would realize none of those lineman are asked to rush the passer in a 3/4.  Go watch golf

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

I get it. But just because you think they’re busts after one season doesn’t mean they are. They barely played. WRs especially take a while to get going. Let alone later round guys. 

But again there always seems to be a reason why the offensive young guys don’t play.  Why did kerley play so much over the two wr rookies last year?  This is the issue, bowles seems to stunt the development of these players, it’s tough to see who else is benching them.  

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It seems like the other 31 teams understand that you need to devote draft capital in the line every single year.  Even the Colts have finally seemed to learn that lesson after watching Luck get killed behind their crappy line.  

The last time I can remember drafting OL guys in the first we took two -- Brick and Mangold.  And that laid the basis for some pretty good teams.  The running game took the pressure off the D and a young QB.  I would like to see us take some offensive linemen next year.  You can't neglect this position for as long as we have.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mac and Bowles rank Oline dead last on matter of importance. Meanwhile darnold just led the Nation in college in turnovers due to poor Oline. Yet people think he is ready to go at 21 under 1 of the worst “NFL” Olines lol. Next yr our 1st and 3rd round picks need to be Oline. Along with 1-2 in FA. It’s time to give Our franchise qb the support he needs. Bowles special treatment of the D has to end 

Archived