Day-3 (Rounds 4-7)

Greenseed4

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok so lets sit here and argue about 6th round picks who probably won't even be on the roster come opening day or would you prefer to debate signing Mike Glennon again.

COME ON MAN

Dude, you argue everyday on a jets forum. Stop acting like you dont be arguing about Jets play or Jets front office decision making. You'll tell me today to "calm the hell down" yet in November call the front office "stupid" when those same picks either dont work out or when the Oline is still terrible because we didn't address it. 

quit the bullsh*t. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The only pick I am iffy about was the nose tackle. But apparently per Connor Rogers, the Jets actually need a nose tackle

Yup cause Mclendon is gone after this year . Which would only leave Pennel .. 

they also have now have 3 legit 3-4 DE’s again Leo , Anderson and Shepard. 

Would of liked to see a OLB in this draft but it is what it is . 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!  Should we take turnstile type guys or maybe another Vlad DuCasse was available. 

No one knows how O-linemen will turn out.  Least of all message board gurus.  But for 4 years all we've heard are excuses for why we never take O-linemen, and for 4 years, the line has been no better than below average.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, you argue everyday on a jets forum. Stop acting like you dont be arguing about Jets play or Jets front office decision making. You'll tell me today to "calm the hell down" yet in November call the front office "stupid" when those same picks either dont work out or when the Oline is still terrible because we didn't address it. 

quit the bullsh*t. 

No I don't argue everyday, if you have been around lately I'm not arguing with anyone its just not worth it anymore. You act like you know it all and what you say should be the golden rule. The front office is stupid and is still stupid, Sam Darnold fell to the Jets this pick was a no brainer. We are discussing 6th round scrubs here aren't we. 

Is Mike Glennon still in the NFL? 

Real bullsh*t.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

No I don't argue everyday, if you have been around lately I'm not arguing with anyone its just not worth it anymore. You act like you know it all and what you say should be the golden rule. The front office is stupid and is still stupid, Sam Darnold fell to the Jets this pick was a no brainer. We are discussing 6th round scrubs here aren't we. 

WTF does mike Glennon have to......Im speaking to an idiot. 

I'll leave it here. 

My bitching stems from the question are you picking in a vacuum or are you trying to build a team?  In a vacuum almost all of our picks look good.  Player was rated higher, the analysts like him he has upside there fore good picks.

But team building is not a collection of players whom you picked lower who were rated higher.

In addition the lack of priority over FOUR drafts for some positions is more than disturbing.  You don't get a 2nd chance to get it right when you go get a franchise qb.

We have a house of cards oline that might be adequate if we get no injuries but we have zero oilne young prospects.

We have volume at Wr, volume but no players that will scare any other team.

We have no pass rushers and though our genius d coordinator can generate pressure by invented blitzes.  You expose yourself in other areas when you are blitzing ilbs and safeties all the time.

We have no threat at RB, we sign other teams cast offs in fa and take late round flyers on others.

Four years and no legit attempt at a pass rusher, no legit attempt at oline other than shell. 

In a vacuum our picks are swell as far as team balance goes they stink.

This just smacks of a team trying to please their failure of a head coach by going over board on defense.

And as far as the magic remedy of cap space goes?  The best use of cap space is signing your own good draft picks. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

WTF does mike Glennon have to......Im speaking to an idiot. 

I'll leave it here. 

Yes name call so you surrender I guess. 

You're so cool dude/dudette calling me  an idiot. 

What a joke you truly are. 

Mike Glennon was your boy. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok so lets sit here and argue about 6th round picks who probably won't even be on the roster come opening day or would you prefer to debate signing Mike Glennon again.

COME ON MAN

Other teams actually get their late rounders on the field. Also, when they have a defensive HC, he's able to scheme with a bit less than the bulk of your assets. 

Once again we are confronted by the hard fact that Bowles adds NOTHING to this team. he doesn't know dick about offense,and apparently he needs tons of FA and draft resources for his shutdown defe...oh, yeah, his defense blows. Does anyone think the stoic dope ball coach can find a pass rush amongst all this raw project defense we picked over OL guys? Don't hold your breath. 

Real bullsh*t.

Glennon plays for Arizona.

Yes name call so you surrender I guess. 

Mike Glennon was your boy. 

He was my boy, the fact that you have to bring up a QB who's not on the team in order to dismiss what im saying about the Oline is why the name calling is relevant. 

Sorry, NOW I'll dismiss this conversation. I'll make sure to tell you to stop your bitching and calm the hell down this mid season. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

He was my boy, the fact that you have to bring up a QB who's not on the team in order to dismiss what im saying about the Oline is why the name calling is relevant. 

Sorry, NOW I'll dismiss this conversation. I'll make sure to tell you to your bitching and calm the hell down this mid season. 

The OL seems set whether you like it or not. 

Like another poster mentioned who the hell do you think you are getting in the 6th round thats going to bolster this OL.

3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Ready the Pink Slips:

Steve McClendon

Buster Skrine

Bilal Powell

...interestingly, these THREE cuts free up $17.5M

Man, that’s a lot of cheddar to offer whatever 29 year old corner shakes loose from a better-run franchise.

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Other teams actually get their late rounders on the field. Also, when they have a defensive HC, he's able to scheme with a bit less than the bulk of your assets. 

Once again we are confronted by the hard fact that Bowles adds NOTHING to this team. he doesn't know dick about offense,and apparently he needs tons of FA and draft resources for his shutdown defe...oh, yeah, his defense blows. Does anyone think the stoic dope ball coach can find a pass rush amongst all this raw project defense we picked over OL guys? Don't hold your breath. 

@joewilly12 would rather bring up an irrelevant point. 

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Im no fan of Todd Bowles but we arent finding any OL in the 6th round that are bette than what we already have.

Archived