Day-3 (Rounds 4-7)

Greenseed4

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Scott Dierking said:

This should be our greatest moments as jet fans. Yet we can't get along. What have we become? :(

Its great to be alive and be a Jets fan we drafted the best QB in the draft, but we missed out some scrub OL man in the 6th round. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Guys, there were no O-linemen worth taking in the 3rd."

"Guys, there were no O-linemen worth taking in the 4th."

"Guys, 5th round O-lineman rarely end up starters."

"Guys, 6th round O-linemen aren't going to make an impact."

"Guys, its the 7th round.  What O-lineman did you want that would make the roster?"

Come on.  

:Darnold gets crushed by the guy Brandon Shell was supposed to block while waiting for <checks notes> Chris Herndon to get open, separating a shoulder: 

Informed Jets Fan: “Man that’s the way the cookie crumbles.”

Just now, joewilly12 said:

No OL in the 6th round is better than what we already have. 

This here^^^^^^^^^^ is why I say idiot. If this logic made any sense then any player in the 6th round at any position you can say the exact same thing about. Does that mean you just stop picking players because it's the 6th round? 

Dude, stop. 

26 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I obviously know nothing about Cannon, but I would have preferred Justin Jackson or Akrum Wadley. 

They have Crowell as their inbetween tackle runner. Still have Powell, and the have McGuire.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The OL seems set whether you like it or not. 

Like another poster mentioned who the hell do you think you are getting in the 6th round thats going to bolster this OL.

But picking the raw and project type of DL guys is a better idea. Again, on one unit , the DL, you reach habitually and lavish FA resources, the other, the OL,  you ignore, even after picking a franchise QB. 

Just now, Bugg said:

But picking the raw and project type of DL guys is a better idea. Again, on one unit , the DL, you reach habitually and lavish FA resources, the other, the OL,  you ignore, even after picking a franchise QB. 

We are thin on the DL 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Cute response. I appreciate the personal attacks almost as much you appreciate old people diapers and tapioca.

Nothing personal you called me big fella I asked you how the gym was working out for you being you told me awhile ago you were working out trying to get ripped so you can fill out wife beater t-shirts.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Toth is still on the board. OL. He is in the army and wouldn’t be able to play for a team for 1-2 years. But he is stationed in NJ. They say if Jets or Giants got him.. he could spend time in the weight room and at the facility until he can play full time.

Been saying it all day but Mcc isn’t listening to me. 

22 minutes ago, Lith said:

Roberts fumbled 4 times last year.  Stewart has never returned a punt in either college or pros.  Mcguire returned some punts in college but numbers not very good. 

I know nothing about this kid other than what I read during the week when we brought him in for a visit.  Supposedly was a dynamic punt returner in college -- we have not had one of them in years.  This is the 204th pick, if he can contribute in STs, that is a solid pick.  I have no idea if he is or will be any good.

that's fair. I should hope we can shed some fat then come the end of august. 

36 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No we don’t. If we don’t have to pay the QB big money we can pay the OL big money

You are missing the big picture. It took 15 mil per yr to pry away Nate solder from pats. You are saying the jets will find 2-3 guys like that and spend 40-50 mil on just 3 lineman ? You have been brainwashed by the Mac/Bowles era if you think OL is not 1 of the most important positions behind qb to build through draft. We drafted dbrick and mangold at 4 and 30? When you pick a OL in the premium rounds they deliver. They don’t bust at a rate just about any other position. There is a reason why we hung onto them for 10 years. Meanwhile we just keep wasting picks on D. Even if they planned out for 2-3 they don’t that long. Why not draft an Olineman early like most teams who win, and plug d holes in FA. Since they have much higher bust rate. It is also important now to give darnold 2-3 guys who will be here with him for hopefully 10 years. Instead of swapping Free agent OL every 2 years who are just looking to cash in. We have a franchise qb now, supporting him is #1,2,3 importance. He needs the support MUCH more now than he will in 5-7 years.

Mark Sanchez was a horrible qb, but he walked in the door and had 1 of the best Olines in nfl. Thy Carried him. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This here^^^^^^^^^^ is why I say idiot. If this logic made any sense then any player in the 6th round at any position you can say the exact same thing about. Does that mean you just stop picking players because it's the 6th round? 

Dude, stop. 

Your opinion and opinions are like assholes everybody has one. 

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Maybe, just maybe, he got overvalued by amateur scouts. I'm pretty sure that's it.

maybe you're a dick.

No one seems to understand why he slid far. And "slid" has been used, profusely. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, stop. 

Argument can be made based on new CBA OL is toughest position to develop now due to lack of hitting, padded practices. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Your opinion and opinions are like assholes everybody has one. 

And your opinions are just wrong, especially when you talk about how "No late round Olineman will be better than what we currently have" as if our RT isnt a 5th round pick and our LT isnt a 7th round pick. 

Sure, everyone has assholes, but not everyone takes showers. 

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Bowles is a D guy everyone should be used to this sh*t by now. 

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

If you're drafting for need in the 6th round you're a f*cking idiot. The Jets are preparing for life after Leonard Williams. They've learned their lesson about paying a 3/4 DE top money. With these late round picks you have to take the best guys on your board regardless of position.

“Maccagnan was smart to draft all these 3-4 DE’s because he’s going to let the 3-4 DE he drafted sixth overall three years ago walk because that position isn’t worth top dollar” is this month’s winner of the FRANK’S RED HOT HOT TAKE OF THE MONTH AWARD. FRANK’S RED HOT: I PUT THAT SHlT ON EVERYTHING. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We are thin on the DL 

This doesn't feature a pass rusher, but it's not thin; 9 guys today for 3-4 spots-

92 - Leonard Williams 6'5 300 USC (DE/DT)
    99 - Steve McLendon 6'3" 310 Troy (DT)
    98 - Mike Pennel 6'4" 332 Duke (DT) CSU-Pueblo (UFA, re-signed)
    75 - Xavier Cooper 6'4" 300 Washington State (DE/DT)  (UFA, re-signed)
    93 - Deon Simon 6'4" 330 Northwest St LA  (DT)  ++ Exclusive Rights Free Agent ++
    XX - Claude Pelon  6'4" 300 USC  (DE/DT)  (Reserve / Future Contract)
    xx - Nathan Shepherd 6'4" 315  Ft. Hays State (2018 Draft Pick)

xx - Foley Fatukasi 6'4" 318 UCONN (2018 Draft Pick)

xx - Henry Anderson 6'6" 300  Stanford (Acquired Via Trade with Indianapolis)

Just now, Bugg said:

This doesn't feature a pass rusher, but it's not thin; 9 guys today for 3-4 spots-

92 - Leonard Williams 6'5 300 USC (DE/DT)
    99 - Steve McLendon 6'3" 310 Troy (DT)
    98 - Mike Pennel 6'4" 332 Duke (DT) CSU-Pueblo (UFA, re-signed)
    75 - Xavier Cooper 6'4" 300 Washington State (DE/DT)  (UFA, re-signed)
    93 - Deon Simon 6'4" 330 Northwest St LA  (DT)  ++ Exclusive Rights Free Agent ++
    XX - Claude Pelon  6'4" 300 USC  (DE/DT)  (Reserve / Future Contract)
    xx - Nathan Shepherd 6'4" 315  Ft. Hays State (2018 Draft Pick)

xx - Foley Fatukasi 6'4" 318 UCONN (2018 Draft Pick)

xx - Henry Anderson 6'6" 300  Stanford (Acquired Via Trade with Indianapolis)

We were thin should have been my response. 

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Argument can be made based on new CBA OL is toughest position to develop now due to lack of hitting, padded practices. 

and yet Kelvin beachum is a 7th round pick and our starting LT and Brandon Shell is a 5th round pick and our starting RT. 

Making a general stupid statement as Joewilly did saying "NO late round Olineman will be better than what we currently have" is in fact stupid. #1 because he's assuming that, and #2. Three of our starting Olineman are 3rd round, 5th round and 7th round picks. We need depth. 

Just now, Obrien2Toon said:

Maybe but 6’ 5” 215 4.48 40 and productive at ND

its surprising 

was a potential first rounder at one point

Never . Built like Tarzan plays like Jane.. him

And Adams should of never left school early . . 

10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Maybe, just maybe, he got overvalued by amateur scouts. I'm pretty sure that's it.

i love it when a$$holes who've been entirely absent amid the draft threads and prospect discussions, show up on draft day and ridicule the people who are really into this thing... like it's any fcking different that watching a game and getting mad at the coaching staff, or criticising team management elsewhere.

Archived