Day-3 (Rounds 4-7)

Greenseed4

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why do you underestimate our OL? They played ok at somepoint last year. They weer inconsistent as hell

Both Carpenter and Winters fell of a cliff, I know we upgraded center but who knows if Carpenter and Winters will significantly improve with the replacement. Beachum stayed healthy this past year which is very uncharacteristic for him. Look out the most sacked QBs in the league last year, jets are in top 5 I believe. Line was awful, couldn't run, McCown bailed them out by making some great plays with his feet, Petty got destroyed

4 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

This is why it doesn't matter who we draft at QB because this franchise is to f'ing dumb to support whoever they draft with any hint of talent.

they have 16 WRs on Staff, 5 TEs and brought in 3 RBs... what are you talking about... you think any of these players is better then the WRs they have on staff?

Just now, bealeb319 said:

Drafting ones who aren't going to play just because they are offensive lineman doesn't make it better either

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

In these rounds its a crap shoot.  You can't get a shot at getting better if you don't draft anybody of that position.  Its quite simple really.

Just now, Sully80 said:

Both Carpenter and Winters fell of a cliff, I know we upgraded center but who knows if Carpenter and Winters will significantly improve with the replacement. Beachum stayed healthy this past year which is very uncharacteristic for him. Look out the most sacked QBs in the league last year, jets are in top 5 I believe. Line was awful, couldn't run, McCown bailed them out by making some great plays with his feet, Petty got destroyed

I think they will. Winters was hurt as well if you recall. I think their OL is okay.

1 minute ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Here's our defensive line right now

92 - Leonard Williams 6'5 300 USC (DE/DT)
    99 - Steve McLendon 6'3" 310 Troy (DT)
    98 - Mike Pennel 6'4" 332 Duke (DT) CSU-Pueblo (UFA, re-signed)
    75 - Xavier Cooper 6'4" 300 Washington State (DE/DT)  (UFA, re-signed)
    93 - Deon Simon 6'4" 330 Northwest St LA  (DT)  ++ Exclusive Rights Free Agent ++
    XX - Claude Pelon  6'4" 300 USC  (DE/DT)  (Reserve / Future Contract)
    xx - Nathan Shepherd 6'4" 315  Ft. Hays State (2018 Draft Pick)

xx - Foley Fatukasi 6'4" 318 UCONN (2018 Draft Pick)

xx - Henry Anderson 6'6" 300  Stanford (Acquired Via Trade with Indianapolis)

Holy hamburger ? that’s alot  of beef. 

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Maybe a good portion of fans under estimate it?

This reminds of houston when mac was there and they drafted carr.  Oh our oline is good enough.  Two years later they started drafting olin heavily after their franchise qb was ruined.

Indy draft luck and think the oline is good enough, his career is in jeopardy. 

Just stupid team building.

Draft a DT in the 3rd, trade for a dline, draft another DT. 

No RB's no OLine, no pass rushers.

Four drafts now and he has the QB but has never addressed oline, offensive weapon or pass rusher at all not even an effort

Just now, Sully80 said:

Winters was injured all season, Carpenter I have no idea why his play fell off so much?

I love the Nickerson pick, been a big fan of his for a while. Nice option to compete for the nickel spot next season when the Jets get rid of Skrine.

I’m only vaguely familiar with Fatukasi but I know a lot of people love him.

I was a big proponent of going OL in the draft as well but damn near all of the guys I was a fan of were swooped up by the end of the 2nd. 

I like drafting these guys late. Seems like there’s a high probability of success because the defensive coaching staff is solid and there’s talent around them.

i got the Shepherd pick because the value was good and there was a need...but the Anderson trade and Fatukasi pick would’ve been sufficient.

Offense early, defense late should’ve been the play.

Hopefully next year is all offense. I’ve been saying this for years. But now they really need to support the franchise quarterback.

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Jets are getting great reviews on their picks from “experts”. The “experts” here seem to have a difference of opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No one is saying these guys are bad. Everyone is saying you don't build a roster drafting predominantly the same 2 or 3 positions every single year. Learn to understand the argument. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Shell and Jarvis Harrison.  The only drafted investments of any significance we've made on the O-line since Macc arrived.  Garbage GM.  

Gear up for the mini-draft, son..  In the meantime pour yourself an Arnie Palmer Iced Tea and enjoy Macc putting together what sounds like a solid day.

Archived