Day-3 (Rounds 4-7)

Greenseed4

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

That’s what you take out of those? Why can’t a “project” as you call him not have a high upside? 

And I didn’t take Shepherd’s writeup as just a run stuffing end. 

Just to be clear, I don’t think either are “bad” players and I’m glad Shepherd is in the team, but there’s a pattern with Macc that he drafts cheap positions and, outside of Darnold, ignores expensive, crucial ones. I was hoping he’d swing for the fences this year now that he’s got his QB, but it’s more of the same. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Learn his name Neal Sterling and you call yourself a Jets fan. 

Listen, you can route for the local kid as much as you want but to point he’s proved as much as a guy on any teams practice squad.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

One is a run-stuffing 3-4 end and the other is a project tight end. 

Because what kind of players do you find on the 3rd day......... 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Canes sucked last year. 

Were also talking about C Long

Long fits the zone blocking scheme. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

See what happens when you do research. Same thing with Shepherd yesterday

never complained about Shepherd, wouldn't have been my choice, but i understood the pick... plus he's canadian :)

I remember more about Herndon now.. i think he was actually the starter over Njoku. 

Just now, NYJCAP2 said:

Listen, you can route for the local kid as much as you want but to point he’s proved as much as a guy on any teams practice squad.

Yes I will root for the local kid I watched him play in college and he showed a lot of promise in the NE game, given the opportunity the kid shows up. 

What practice squad TE did what he did against NE? 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Better than what we have. We had the worst C in the NFL last year. And IMO, it affected the whole line. By upgrading the C, they have upgraded the whole line. 

Definitely an upgrade but not good enough and the sh*tty OGs aren’t helping the line in the least. 

Just now, Embrace the Suck said:

Almost. Fitz was a douche. McCown doesn't seem to be.

Agree Fitzpatrick was a douche nozzle. 

Don't know about you guys but I can't wait for the day we can watch a young rookie energetic QB led this team I'm sick and tired of the 3rd and long draw plays and way too many 3 and outs. 

BRING ON SAM DARNOLD!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Just to be clear, I don’t think either are “bad” players and I’m glad Shepherd is in the team, but there’s a pattern with Macc that he drafts cheap positions and, outside of Darnold, ignores expensive, crucial ones. I was hoping he’d swing for the fences this year now that he’s got his QB, but it’s more of the same. 

My impression of Macc is, unless the pick drops in his lap (Williams, Darnold), he gets too cute trying to pull a rabbit of the hat rather than make the type of decisions that are obvious to everyone but him.  It hasn't worked so far.

1 minute ago, Il Mostro said:

My impression of Macc is, unless the pick drops in his lap (Williams, Darnold), he gets too cute trying to pull a rabbit of the hat rather than make the type of decisions that are obvious to everyone but him.  It hasn't worked so far.

Exactly Macc thinks he outsmarted everyone when he drafts or signs these type of players. 

2 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

I think his calculus is this: “I have this nice, young man who plays this lame-balls position that I could fill in free agency for pennies, and I have this significantly better athlete who would cost a sh*tkoad in free agency , but who’s kind of a pain in the ass. Let me draft the first guy because at least he won’t embarrass me and I can say, “look, 80% of my non-descript draftees are still on the roster.”

3 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly Macc thinks he outsmarted everyone when he drafts or signs these type of players. 

I hear you both but let's pretend we can rearrange Macc's drafts so that this year was year 1.  We'd all be gaga that he managed to snag a FQB right away.  Then we'd have the Leonard Wililams and Jamal Adams' drafts and think "he keeps adding core pieces".  Then we put the Darron Lee one last and think "not great but he's allowed a bad draft".  

In short, I think the order of the drafts he's had greatly affect our view of the job he's done.  I'm the exact same way as you guys btw.  It feels like things fall into his lap nearly every year but I'll happily take that if that's what it takes for us to be a winner.  

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

FWIW.....Walter football is doing a minute by minute grading of all players.  Herndon got a B+..the next two TE's drafted got a C-  and a C+.   Walter Football usually hates us.

When you have a shiny new FQB, everything is looked at in a better light.  :) 

7 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I agree. Have been and still am waiting for o-line. I think they plan on addressing it after the draft when some quality vets get cut.

I still don't know why Macc didn't spend on that highly regarded guard Andrew Norwell.  We had the money and that guy is supposed to be the equivalent of Quentin Nelson.  We could've at least done that, no?

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Better than what we have. We had the worst C in the NFL last year. And IMO, it affected the whole line. By upgrading the C, they have upgraded the whole line. 

They are also changing everything on offense. I am worried about how Carpenter fits in but hopefully he handles zone blocking well and if Winters does what they expect from him, they could be okay.

Archived