Josh Rosen was Eli Manning , Darnold is Tony Romo

experto/cookiemonsta

7 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Let me tell you one thing: you cannot see into the future. When your team gets arguably the #1 QB in the draft, maybe sit out a round and save your negativity, okay? What's the friggin' point other than to bum people out?

You could make self-assured, fact-based prognostications about how every single QB in this draft will not succeed:

Mayfield: height, small hands, Manziel light, etc

Rosen: concussions, no escapability, not tough enough, not as interested in football as other things

Allen: accuracy issues

Let's enjoy this until it's time to go searching again.

DC

I want both the Giants and Jets to do good and win. So when the Jets skipped Rosen I was really pissed off. I also didn't like the Barkley pick, and wanted Chubb. I have not seen a successful team be changed by a runner. 

My top 5 players in the draft 1. rosen 2. chubb 3. nelson 4. antonio callaway 5. ronald jones 

Everyone can like what they want. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Holy crap, first minute or so of that Ohio State game, he looks awesome. Under constant pressure and still making great throws. Tough as nails.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!

Rosen in the USC game wasn't under half the pressure Darnold was under the whole game so I really don't see what the knock is here..

30 minutes ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

I think Darnold's small hands will eventually derail his success due to fumbles in key spots like with Tony Romo. Both are creative players, but both lack Aaron Rodgers arm talent to move around. If you expect him to lead us to a superbowl , he will not. Rosen was the prototypical ace qb, who looks good, and plays good, and will be a winner. I am all in on Rosen and never liked Darnold. He struggled mightily vs Ohio St, and unlike Brady which led Michigan over Alabama in the final game, looked like sh*t. USC had Ronald Jones who is an elite back this year, so his turnovers are no excuse, and will not be correctable. 

So you are in the prediction business.  I am also in the prediction business.  I predict that Josh Rosen will not hold up physically to ever become the great player that you predict he will be.  I also predict that Sam Darnold will be a winner for the NY Jets, and we will be looking back on this draft and say that the Jets finally got one right.  

And as far as leading us to the Super Bowl, Mark Sanchez was one win away for 2 seasons in a row to lead the NY Jets to a Super Bowl, and my money says that Sam Darnold is better than Mark Sanchez could ever hope to be.  

I also could care less what you think.  

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

What do you mean “let’s” He isn’t even a Jets fan. He’s just some guy who thinks he’s a professional  scout because he nudged a few of his buddy’s at the bar one night and said “Hey...Barnett is going to be as good as Myles Garrett..just you wait and see.”

Barnett had 5 sacks and recovered the game winning superbowl fumble. I think he was ok? Garrett had 2 more sacks, but Barnett played less due to the loaded dline.

What I did learn on Thursday, a bit to my surprise, is that Rosen is a douchebag.  He is a bit thin-skinned and a whiner.  Not a good recipe for New York.  His teammates weren't going to like him and it was going to be hard to root for him.  What we already knew about him was that he is not mobile, can't throw on the run and is injury prone.  I am confident that we made the right choice, long-term.

11 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Holy crap, first minute or so of that Ohio State game, he looks awesome. Under constant pressure and still making great throws. Tough as nails.

He picked that game, obviously, because it was pretty much his worst game as a pro.  And there's still some real highlight reel stuff.

Just now, Bruce Harper said:

What I did learn on Thursday, a bit to my surprise, is that Rosen is a douchebag.  He is a bit thin-skinned and a whiner.  Not a good recipe for New York.  His teammates weren't going to like him and it was going to be hard to root for him.  What we already knew about him was that he is not mobile, can't throw on the fun and is injury prone.  I am confident that we made the right choice, long-term.

Eli Manning forced a draft night trade he didn't want San Diego. Rosen is a winner and will win multiple superbowls. You have a lot to learn on how to evaluate success. Tom Brady is the ultimate douchebag who never shakes the hand of the winning team. Most top qb are a dbag.

42 minutes ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

I think Darnold's small hands will eventually derail his success due to fumbles in key spots like with Tony Romo. Both are creative players, but both lack Aaron Rodgers arm talent to move around. If you expect him to lead us to a superbowl , he will not. Rosen was the prototypical ace qb, who looks good, and plays good, and will be a winner. I am all in on Rosen and never liked Darnold. He struggled mightily vs Ohio St, and unlike Brady which led Michigan over Alabama in the final game, looked like sh*t. USC had Ronald Jones who is an elite back this year, so his turnovers are no excuse, and will not be correctable. 

hey Nostradamus, how many fingers am I holding up on my right hand and what am I holding in my left hand?

2 minutes ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

Eli Manning forced a draft night trade he didn't want San Diego. Rosen is a winner and will win multiple superbowls. You have a lot to learn on how to evaluate success. Tom Brady is the ultimate douchebag who never shakes the hand of the winning team. Most top qb are a dbag.

Knock yourself out.  Troll your brains out.  All I'm saying is that Rosen is strictly a pocket passer.  And I don't want to personally dislike my QB -- sue me.  And oh yeah, Darnold is a better player.

Just now, experto/cookiemonsta said:

You have a lot to learn on how to evaluate success.

Dude...stop acting like you a scouting god. What do you do for a living? You don’t scout.

You were maybe a Boy Scout when you were younger. That is the only true scouting you may have done. Coming on this board and belittling peoples ability to “scout” and “evaluate” while simultaneously pissing on OUR FRANCHISE QB.. is NOT COOL.

Just now, Bruce Harper said:

Knock yourself out.  Troll your brains out.  All I'm saying is that Rosen is strictly a pocket passer.  And I don't want to personally dislike my QB -- sue me.  And oh yeah, Darold is a better player.

Sam DARNOLD..........DAMMIT not Darold.

1 minute ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

Congratulations!!!!!  I finally realized what you are an expert at!!  You are an expert and a professional in making people instantly dislike you.  Believe me, that is a rare talent!  

1 minute ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

Again if you don't have that arrogant fire you will never do good as a qb. Darnold is really mild mannered and comes across as a deer in the headlights to me. I think he is fine qb, but not a gold jacket guy. What other 6 foot 3 qb played like him? Stafford, Marino, Elway all have better arm talent. Just try to imagine him and visualize is he going to succeed. He is 6 foot 3 that likes to create, but lacks footwork and ++ arm talent. Hand size is another huge concern as mentioned above.

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

What do you mean “let’s” He isn’t even a Jets fan. He’s just some guy who thinks he’s a professional  scout because he nudged a few of his buddy’s at the bar one night and said “Hey...Barnett is going to be as good as Myles Garrett..just you wait and see.”

COME ON MAN you are better than this, why argue with a TROLL. 

39 minutes ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

I dont think this as a Troll Job, however, Sam Darnold's fumbling issues can be fixed by teaching him to keep both hands on the football. His lack of ball security is also evident in his freshman season, the difference is he wasn't getting hit as much and it didn't reflect. This past season it showed the moment he was getting hit. When Darnold learns to secure the football when looking to move in the pocket the fumbles should decrease. He does throw some boneheaded INT's but we have to take the good with the bad when it comes to Darnold. Some of those plays we're simply going to have to accept given that we also want what Darnold also does well. 

As for Rosen, Rosen is entitled. Many folks who agree with that now given that he's a Cardinal and has been acting like a tool since then would have argued that fact just a couple days ago. Honestly, watching Rosens Interviews 24 hours before the draft made me feel like the only QB I wanted was Baker Mayfield, but since we didn't have that opportunity and we have Darnold, though I have my reservations regarding the pick, Rosen is a complete turn off and his entitlement doesn't go over well when all he's produced in college is a mediocre record, a list of injuries and getting his College coach fired. 

I'll take the good with the bad when it comes to Sam Darnold. Folks got overly hyped between what the media said regarding Rosen being the "most NFL ready" given his throwing motion. He has great mechanics, sure, but he has to prove himself like everyone else. 

I will guarantee you this, Not all of these QB's will pan out. 

32 minutes ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

So we should ban Revis too from getting his jersey retired? Plus he played with Brady and against Brady. I trust him over Mac.

How bout you go over to Arizona's fan board and tell them how lucky they are and you know, leave this board. 

47 minutes ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

Obvious troll job, please ban, protect Darnold at all costs

49 minutes ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

image.png

Rosen fans are very salty.  Its fine if you were a fan of drafting him but lets be honest most nfl scouts/gms had darnold rated over rosen.  Sure Rosen might be a tad better accuracy wise at this moment but darnold is better overall in the things he can do. Also besides Rosens attitude problems he also has bigtime durability issues which will only get worse in the NFL most likely

2 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

I remember him banging the table for him that draft and obviously years when he became available. Glennon sucks, always has.

Villain actually really started advocating for Glennon when he was available for trade a few years back...he actually had my support believe it or not. 

Villain had super informative posts with play by play .gifs and everything. I was on board..I can’t lie lol.

just happy we never got him in retrospect though.

We will see what happens when the Jets improve front office and have a ton of cap space next year. Look they might get a lot of players next offseason around Darnold and have a good run. I am still a fan.

If we get the next coach, it should be Mark Dantonio. I have said for years he developed Cousins at Msu and has become an underrated machine at East Lansing. I think he is better than Saban as an NFL coach as he can connect better.

3 minutes ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

I was wrong on that, but he still got a good deal with Chicago and is rich. It happens. Gruden like Manziel, no???

No one is talking about you, scout guy. And getting a deal with Chicago and being rich doesn’t add value or any other redeeming quality to your failed prediction.

Archived