Josh Rosen was Eli Manning , Darnold is Tony Romo

experto/cookiemonsta

4 hours ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

Eli Manning forced a draft night trade he didn't want San Diego. Rosen is a winner and will win multiple superbowls. You have a lot to learn on how to evaluate success. Tom Brady is the ultimate douchebag who never shakes the hand of the winning team. Most top qb are a dbag.

hey hey hey BACK THE **** OFF this dude.........

he knows his shyt

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

He throws high, ugly, poor downfield ball placement. Its a complete cluster ****.

His ball placement exceeds all other QBs drafted, it's the reason why people are giving Favre comparisons.

6 hours ago, slats said:

Uh, he does. Smaller than mine, and I can barely hold a drink let alone an NFL football. But to be fair, Rosen’s decent-sized hands are only 3/8” bigger. 

I read his hands are average size for a QB.  Rosens are a bit larger, Alan's are huge and Mayfield a bit smaller. 

6 hours ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

Dude, he has excellent foot work, similar accuracy as Darnold. Darnold has slightly more creativity , but Rosen can throw better down the field and get guys uncovered, which is not teachable. If Rosen busts I will be shocked.  

how do you get guys uncovered? just asking

13 hours ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

This is not a troll job, this is just facts. His hand size is a glaring issue and of course the massive fumbles against Ohio St were a correlation. Hands = fumble issues. I think he can be creative and get us wins, but can he win in the big spot?? I don't think so.

Maybe we can deflate his balls....

Rosen will be a good NFL QB, but if you are going to compare Darnold to Rosen at this point in their very young careers you need to look at a few things.  Rosen is the more polished QB right now because this is what he has been working to since he was 4 years old.  Darnold only started 5 games as a QB in high school.  He was a highly regarded basketball player as well.  He didn’t spend every waking moment as a kid obsessing over being an NFL QB.  Darnold is a year younger than Rosen but has played a lot less football in his career thus far.  I see a lot more room for growth for Darnold than I do Rosen, and I like Rosen.  But at just 20 years old Darnold is already a really good QB, give him a couple years of GOOD NFL coaching (which I hope he gets here) and I think you’ll see a very different QB.  He’s only a baby in his development thus far.  That’s why I laughed at the statistical metrics when comparing him to Mayfield.  Mayfield is 3 years older and has played a lot more football.  Let’s revisit this in 3 years and then compare the two.  

14 hours ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

I think Darnold's small hands will eventually derail his success due to fumbles in key spots like with Tony Romo. Both are creative players, but both lack Aaron Rodgers arm talent to move around. If you expect him to lead us to a superbowl , he will not. Rosen was the prototypical ace qb, who looks good, and plays good, and will be a winner. I am all in on Rosen and never liked Darnold. He struggled mightily vs Ohio St, and unlike Brady which led Michigan over Alabama in the final game, looked like sh*t. USC had Ronald Jones who is an elite back this year, so his turnovers are no excuse, and will not be correctable. 

you compare him to Eli as if that is some sort of compliment. eli needs everything perfect around him to succeed, he's been a mostly mediocre QB his entire career, he rode GREAT defense for both SB titles.  you can win w/ the right talent around him.  I have much higher hopes for Sam though I did prefer Rosen and Mayfield over him.  I though all 3 would be good starters in this league so I am still happy.

23 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you compare him to Eli as if that is some sort of compliment. eli needs everything perfect around him to succeed, he's been a mostly mediocre QB his entire career, he rode GREAT defense for both SB titles.  you can win w/ the right talent around him.  I have much higher hopes for Sam though I did prefer Rosen and Mayfield over him.  I though all 3 would be good starters in this league so I am still happy.

you-sound-like-a-broken-record-vector-cl

14 hours ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

This is when I knew Dantonio had guts. Guy will do whatever it takes to win. His scheme is a 3- 4, but uses creative pressures. He has a good pulse on the team and wins big games as coach.

The play clock ran out before the snap and #24 pulled down Harrison Smith.  sh*tty call that was only successful because of BIG 10 refs.

15 hours ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

This is not a troll job, this is just facts. His hand size is a glaring issue and of course the massive fumbles against Ohio St were a correlation. Hands = fumble issues. I think he can be creative and get us wins, but can he win in the big spot?? I don't think so.

No, it's not "facts".  It's your opinion and nothing more and frankly, you have demonstrated over the years that your opinions are almost always completely wrong.  You can't even get the weather right and that's your job/hobby.  Rosen has nice throws and nice touch on the ball.  He is potentially a very good QB, however there is risk.  He is thin and brittle and will be crushed by NFL defenders. He's had shoulder issues and will be an extreme concussion risk due to his lack of mobility.  His lack of mobility would make him a disaster unless you get a top notch OL and keep it that way for his career.   He'll be the first one of the four out of the league, IMO.  

I think Darnold's small hands will eventually derail his success due to fumbles in key spots like with Tony Romo. Both are creative players, but both lack Aaron Rodgers arm talent to move around. If you expect him to lead us to a superbowl , he will not. Rosen was the prototypical ace qb, who looks good, and plays good, and will be a winner. I am all in on Rosen and never liked Darnold. He struggled mightily vs Ohio St, and unlike Brady which led Michigan over Alabama in the final game, looked like sh*t. USC had Ronald Jones who is an elite back this year, so his turnovers are no excuse, and will not be correctable. 

Bills fan, Darnold’s hands are much bigger than Baker Mayfield’s.  

And the reason he regressed in his second season was simple.  USC veered away from their pro style offensive philosophy because they lost 3 OL and Schuster-Smith.

You did see what round Deontae Burnett got drafted in, right?

If you expect him to lead us to a superbowl , he will not. Rosen was the prototypical ace qb, who looks good, and plays good, and will be a winner. I am all in on Rosen and never liked Darnold. 

Rosen will be in his usual street clothes in December.

12 hours ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

Watch the throw at 4:30. Guy has horrible footwork. Study this tape, you cannot tell me this guy is worth a top 3 pick.

4:30 , watch that throw ?

Yeah ... Sam's elbow hit Stephen Carr's helmet. Study the tape, watch that throw. You are joking, right?

Ban?? I studied Darnold all year long and he regressed, his stats say so. USC had plenty of talent on defense with the olb and Greene on the dline. I think his turnovers are a major issue, and will never improve. He is actually my second best USC qb after Palmer, and slightly ahead of Sanchez. He will get wins , but never a big playoff win. Romo folded in the elements always (see Seattle game fumble 2006).

USC's oline was way worse in 2017 than 2016.  Also his weaponz were diminished.  Your opinion is that he will "never" improve on his turnovers.    Your post is nothing more than subjective speculation and opinion.  In other words, useless.  Stop pretending that you know what you are talking about because you don't have a clue.  Not in the most remote sense of the word "clue".  

You got a buttfumble from me solely for the meteorologists crack. Know it alls like you make my actual job that much harder. As for Darnold-Rosen, It's not a zero sum game here. Both can (and likely will) be standouts from this draft. What occurs from there will be largely out of his control to some extent. Both have the tools needed to succeed.

15 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Bills fan, Darnold’s hands are much bigger than Baker Mayfield’s.  

And the reason he regressed in his second season was simple.  USC veered away from their pro style offensive philosophy because they lost 3 OL and Schuster-Smith.

You did see what round Deontae Burnett got drafted in, right?

This isn't true.  I watched a lot of his highlights last night and he was throwing out of the spread all year his Sophomore (RS fresh) year.  SC must've changed philosophy once Sam came in or when Sark was fired.

There's a little pistol, but everything is in shotgun.

16 hours ago, experto/cookiemonsta said:

The evaluation will not ban, you can go ahead and ban me. I have nailed a ton of snowstorms that other meteorologists have not. Macc is not a good gm, and his track record in Houston was not the best in picking qb. 

Draft analysts don't know sh*t buddy. They picked Goff over Wentz? I don't care what the networks say.  

Study  the tape, you will see a flawed qb in some sense.  

you-dont-need-a-weather-man-to-know-whic

No, it's not "facts".  It's your opinion and nothing more and frankly, you have demonstrated over the years that your opinions are almost always completely wrong.  You can't even get the weather right and that's your job/hobby.  Rosen has nice throws and nice touch on the ball.  He is potentially a very good QB, however there is risk.  He is thin and brittle and will be crushed by NFL defenders. He's had shoulder issues and will be an extreme concussion risk due to his lack of mobility.  His lack of mobility would make him a disaster unless you get a top notch OL and keep it that way for his career.   He'll be the first one of the four out of the league, IMO.  
I wouldn't say that ...I agree there is risk .. but Rosen's throwing motion is a thing of beauty... It offsets the risk .... Just like darnolds leadership, arm and playmaking ability offset the turnover risk.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Romo > Eli ... Regardless of rings ... Just sayin.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Romo is a tad overrated himself but he was significantly better than Eli.  People will point to the 2 SB runs but Romo's D never played like Eli's. Remember, Eli has never won a playoff game when his D allowed more than 20 pts and neither has Romo.  Only 1 time has Romo's D allowed less than 21 and that was a 34-14 win. Romo was led his O's to more than 2 PPG more in the playoffs yet he's 2-4 and Eli is 8-5. 

Romo has also been selected to 4 pro bowls, Eli 2(made 2 more as injury replacement) and Romo played basically 7 full seasons, Eli 13.

Romo was 29 games over .500 as a starter, Eli 8.

Romo 248 TDs in 4335 attempts, Eli 339 in 7396.

Here's Eli career #s:

4424-7396, 59.8%, 51682 yds, 339 TDs, 228 INTs, 83.5 rating

prorate Romo to Eli's attempts:

4827-7396, 65.3%, 58,320 yds, 423 TDs, 199 INTs, 87.1 rating

the 2 aren't close.

You know what is AWESOME this time of year?

The number of new posters who join this site after the draft to explain how terrible the draft was, no matter who was drafted.

And then, they disappear, like a fart in the wind......good times.

On 4/28/2018 at 5:43 PM, experto/cookiemonsta said:

yep and low ball speed was the reason why watson was drafted sooooo late.  hand size can be an issue in the extreme but darnolds hand are plenty big.

Archived