jets will continue to sign free agent offensive linemen

jets rooter

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Just roll up to the Left Tackle Store and mush through the bargain bin, maybe pick up a $5 DVD of Road House while they’re there. An American cinematic classic imo. 

We gotta get down with the cause that will cause us to go down, lil bro!

#JETTFUP

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Just roll up to the Left Tackle Store and mush through the bargain bin, maybe pick up a $5 DVD of Road House while they’re there. An American cinematic classic imo. 

I'd pay a $4 premium to bump that up to full blown HD in bluray format. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Similar to how they roll up the medicine cart and fool you into swallowing the pain meds and anti-diaheria meds by masking them with a bag of Fritos or a bag of gummy bears. 

1 hour ago, jets rooter said:

The jets will sign at least two free agent left tackles with experience. That is the greatest need for the offense to succeed.

From what I just heard, we dont even need any LT's but we need a replacement for Carpenter. This is why drafting Orlando Brown is looked at as stupid to a couple here, as if you cant take a LT in college and make them a LG. 

Andrus Peat, LT from Stanford is now a LG in New Orleans

Isaiah Wynn, LT in college, drafted by the Pats as a Guard

Zack Martin, Guard for the Cowboys....considered one of the best in the league, was a Tackle in college. 

But you know, we must continue to make excuses for the dumb decisions this GM and front office has made going on 4 years now. 

Sam Darnold better get ready to hold on to the football with both hands. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

From what I just heard, we dont even need any LT's but we need a replacement for Carpenter. This is why drafting Orlando Brown is looked at as stupid to a couple here, as if you cant take a LT in college and make them a LG. 

Zack Martin, Guard for the Cowboys....considered one of the best in the league, was a Tackle in college. 

But you know, we must continue to make excuses for the dumb decisions this GM and front office has made going on 4 years now. 

Carpenter is still on the roster

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Those three guys were all 1st round picks... to me it's more about grabbing a guy in the mid-rounds that can be depth and then step in as a starter in year 2-3... kind of like they did with Shell.  

Good question thought as to whether O. Brown/Geron Christian will be better than Nathan Shepard. That pick has grown on me... but wish they made a habit of developing a pipeline of players at OL in a similar way to the DL.

1 minute ago, bigalbarracuda said:

Those three guys were all 1st round picks... to me it's more about grabbing a guy in the mid-rounds that can be depth and then step in as a starter in year 2-3... kind of like they did with Shell.  

Good question thought as to whether O. Brown/Geron Christian will be better than Nathan Shepard. That pick has grown on me... but wish they made a habit of developing a pipeline of players at OL in a similar way to the DL.

Orlando Brown was projected to be a 1st round pick before the combine. He was projected as the best tackle in the draft before the combine. All of that changed after his performance. The Combine is something that you use only to reconfirm things you see on tape. Brown gave up 0 sacks his last 2 seasons. You draft that over a 25 year old DT, especially when Orlando Brown has roots in the league given that his father played as well. 

If you're wrong then you're wrong, but this DT was never projected as a 1st rounder, he played against inferior competition, and though he got an invite to the Senior Bowl, while practicing there he got injured so he couldnt participate int he entire event. 

Your question is indeed a good one, but hindsight doesn't help at this point. I didn't go into this draft thinking that it was the defensive line that needed a ton of help. This is complete mismanagement of the roster. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Orlando Brown was projected to be a 1st round pick before the combine. He was projected as the best tackle in the draft before the combine. All of that changed after his performance. The Combine is something that you use only to reconfirm things you see on tape. Brown gave up 0 sacks his last 2 seasons. You draft that over a 25 year old DT, especially when Orlando Brown has roots in the league given that his father played as well. 

If you're wrong then you're wrong, but this DT was never projected as a 1st rounder, he played against inferior competition, and though he got an invite to the Senior Bowl, while practicing there he got injured so he couldnt participate int he entire event. 

Your question is indeed a good one, but hindsight doesn't help at this point. I didn't go into this draft thinking that it was the defensive line that needed a ton of help. This is complete mismanagement of the roster. 

Agreed, Brown would have been a nice pick at that point. Just seems like the Jets have had good luck bringing in UDFA DL and developing them while the OL gets neglected year after year. Next year I would love an offensive skill player in the 1st followed by 2 OL.

At this point, Luke Joeckel, Brian Schwenke, and Byron Bell are all still available... wouldn't hate bringing any of them on.

4 hours ago, jets rooter said:

The jets will sign at least two free agent left tackles with experience. That is the greatest need for the offense to succeed.

Mac and Bowles will be GUARANTEED to be fired if they don’t make the OL #1 priority in FA/ early draft next yr. it’s too late now. Sam darnold is 85% of importance of this team now. It must scare Todd Bowles. His D now has to sit not only in the backseat ( for once ), but in the trunk  while we do everything to support our franchise qb. #1 is building a real line behind him.

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You are on a roll lately, lol.

Totally sych'd that we got Darnold, but I sure hope Macc has a plan on how to protect him, because there is no excuse for not selecting some serviceable OL in this draft. Football 101... If the trench falls apart the rest will follow.

44 minutes ago, Peteo said:

I thought it a miss by not getting some OL in the draft.  Keeping your QB vertical is rather important to winning games.  

Well signing some in UDFA is basically the same as drafting them in the 6th-7th round, so if you want to think of it like that fine.

Plus this did not appear to be a great OL class

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The only value the bargain store has is D tackles. The good news is we are ALWAYS already well covered there ???

Archived