Wait, this is supposed to be his worst game?

nico002

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, nico002 said:

Are people serious? I could not be more impressed with the kid watching that. His OLine was dominated yet he somehow extended play after play.

there are at least 10 throws in that game that 9/10 nfl QBs can’t make. Seriously he’s one of the most accurate QBs I’ve ever seen...

Anyway, this game sold me more than any other I’ve seem on this kid.

I am new to this board. I live in NJ. Fell in love with Darnold, the very first game he ever started in College.  I Followed him ever since. 

I saw something really rare, that really had my head turning. And I watch football, every weekend. Both college and NFL All weekend.. The second i saw him, i literally thought i was still watching the NFL for a good 5 minutes. When the announcer said "backup" than "19 years old", I felt like a kid that just learned how to fly. 

Anyways, I knew that wherever he goes, my loyalty follows. And I wanted to say. Thank f%$$% God. I'm not stuck as a Brown fan.  Thank you so much for whatever it took to get him here!!

He came to my home state. So Nyjets, I'm here to stay!!  I have been on twitter, trying to wisen up the lads who think Baker or Rosen was a better fit/qb.  But, even tho everything I say, makes complete sense, and I can back it up with film/logic. I still can't get through to them.. 

Anyways, congrats, he's a special talent. I really hope you guys can help him out with the line. His last year in USC, it was tough to watch at times. But again, I don' think people truly realise how bad USC was last season. Even after the bowl game.  That film speaks for itself.   

Good luck, and I hope you guys can, maybe convince Mangold to come back or something?  LOL JK.   

Congrats on the steal of the draft!! I Still don't understand how Cleveland passes on him for Flaker, same with Giants?     But I am definently happier rooting for him here than anywhere else.   Good luck !! Solidify the lineee!!!! ?

21 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This wasn't my point, it was taken here by folks who decided not to acknowledge my point which was quite simple. We need to add talent to the offensive line. 

However, when you account for every TD' made in the 1st game and you win then you deserve the MVP of the game. 

When you complete 75% of your 40 passes, put points on the board and dont turn the ball over in the 2nd game then you deserve MVP of that game as well. 

If Mark Sanchez did that then he would also deserved the MVP of the games. 

That was indeed my point, not talking about Geno Smith and the Giants record as if Jets fans should be pointing the finger at the Giants for having a worse record than us for once and picking in the top 3 for the first time since 1984, or in the top-10 just 7 times in my life time, while the Jets have picked in the top-10 18 times. Not to mention the Giants 4 SB's to the Jets 0 SB's  during that same timespan. Seems a bit pointless to be poking at the Giants as if we're not fans of a completely dysfunctional organization that has been that way for as long as the Giants have been winning superbowls. 

I dont look at Swanson as an upgrade given that he's just as bad as Wesley Johnson. Spencer Long is an upgrade but that's really just based on how bad Wesley Johnson (and Swanson) is. However, Spencer Long hasn't ever played a full season, he was a spotty starter for the Redskins, and during his last season, he only suited up for 11 games, played in 7, started in 6 and was put on IR before the end of the season. 

We have no clue what we're getting at Center at this point. I dont know what other moves we've made to the Oline that I can sit and say that we "upgraded" this offseason. I would be more than happy for you to school me in that regard because I dont see the upgrade brother. 

I also cant say that we're still rebuilding or are in the rebuilding phase when I see that Macc has only invested 2 draft picks to that cause in 4 drafts and both have been 5th round picks. 

Every year we can compete for a playoff spot, but that doesn't mean that actually obtaining playoff spot is realistic. I didn't go into this draft thinking that we needed 3 or 4 defensive lineman because we were that depleted of talent. I went into this draft thinking that we needed offensive lineman because we're depleted of young talent and depth. 

they only scored 2 TDs, you make it sound like they scored 5.  Foles deserved the MVP- he threw 3 and rushed for 1, the 3 he threw were the total Eli threw in both.  The 4 TDs he was a part of were MORE than Eli in 2 games combined. NE averaged something like 37 PPG in 2007, the NYG D held them to FOURTEEN.  That's why they won.  on offense Tyree made the crazy catch and also had a TD, there were more deserving candidates.

In 2011 NE averaged over 30 PPG and NYG held them to 17 and SCORED. Tuck had a safety and 2 sacks, he was the MVP.  That's why they won. 75% is awesome but he didn't even have 300 yds w/ 40 attempts and only threw 1 TD.

The giants don't win either of those games w/o incredible defense. Eli wasn't the difference maker.

If sanchez did that maybe he would have won too but that's b/c they skew that award toward QBs.  Brady didn't deserve his MVP in SB 36, Peyton didn't deserve it in SB 41.  They skew toward the QB, that doesn't mean Eli deserved either of them.

7 hours ago, nyjunc said:

they only scored 2 TDs, you make it sound like they scored 5.  Foles deserved the MVP- he threw 3 and rushed for 1, the 3 he threw were the total Eli threw in both.  The 4 TDs he was a part of were MORE than Eli in 2 games combined. NE averaged something like 37 PPG in 2007, the NYG D held them to FOURTEEN.  That's why they won.  on offense Tyree made the crazy catch and also had a TD, there were more deserving candidates.

In 2011 NE averaged over 30 PPG and NYG held them to 17 and SCORED. Tuck had a safety and 2 sacks, he was the MVP.  That's why they won. 75% is awesome but he didn't even have 300 yds w/ 40 attempts and only threw 1 TD.

The giants don't win either of those games w/o incredible defense. Eli wasn't the difference maker.

If sanchez did that maybe he would have won too but that's b/c they skew that award toward QBs.  Brady didn't deserve his MVP in SB 36, Peyton didn't deserve it in SB 41.  They skew toward the QB, that doesn't mean Eli deserved either of them.

None of this matters. 

The jets need to fix their offense, particularly the oline. this back and forth on this particular subject does nothing for this fanbase The history is what it is. We need to concern ourselves with the Jets QB history instead of trying to sh*t on Eli's.

It'll just come off like were haters.

16 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

None of this matters. 

The jets need to fix their offense, particularly the oline. this back and forth on this particular subject does nothing for this fanbase The history is what it is. We need to concern ourselves with the Jets QB history instead of trying to sh*t on Eli's.

It'll just come off like were haters.

they absolutely need to keep rebuilding the OL and they will.  this was basically a 3 phase rebuilding plan, 2 phases are complete and appear to be a success.  phase 3 I expect will finish off the OL and we'll be ready to run 2019 and beyond.

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

they absolutely need to keep rebuilding the OL and they will.  this was basically a 3 phase rebuilding plan, 2 phases are complete and appear to be a success.  phase 3 I expect will finish off the OL and we'll be ready to run 2019 and beyond.

I hope you're correct, however, from where im sitting all ive seen is two 5th round draft picks invested into the oline in 4 years. 

The oline needs to be addressed not just with cast-offs from other teams.

I unfortunately dont see any of these phases. But, uou could be right. We'll see what this oline looks like come regular season. Hopefully we can have our first season in 4 years where the qb can be injury free

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I hope you're correct, however, from where im sitting all ive seen is two 5th round draft picks invested into the oline in 4 years. 

The oline needs to be addressed not just with cast-offs from other teams.

I unfortunately dont see any of these phases. But, uou could be right. We'll see what this oline looks like come regular season. Hopefully we can have our first season in 4 years where the qb can be injury free

I think (hope) next year in the draft and FA we go crazy with OL

On 4/28/2018 at 6:22 PM, nico002 said:

Are people serious? I could not be more impressed with the kid watching that. His OLine was dominated yet he somehow extended play after play.

there are at least 10 throws in that game that 9/10 nfl QBs can’t make. Seriously he’s one of the most accurate QBs I’ve ever seen...

Anyway, this game sold me more than any other I’ve seem on this kid.

Posted something similar, couldn't agree more. I see the same thing. A friggin' baller. He's gonna fumble and toss picks, but most likely he will do much more harm to other teams than our own.

Archived