Jump to content

Did Jet Snag Immediate Starter With Undrafted Free Agent Signing?


Recommended Posts

Flowes-II.jpg

Once the NFL draft came to a conclusion, names of those undrafted free agents signing with their respective teams came pouring in and the Jets were no different.  One name after the other with some confirmed by the players themselves, and others not confirmed at all.  In looking at those players added to Gang Green’s list, one that stood out was that of Oklahoma fullback Dimitri Flowers.

Listed among the best undrafted players available by insidethepylon.com, Flowers was graded as being anywhere from a fourth round to sixth round prospect.  Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller had Flowers going in round five while NFL.com graded him out as a fifth or sixth round choice.  In the end, one of the draft’s fop fullbacks went unchosen before landing at 1 Jets Drive.

In Flowers, the Jets have a 6′ 2” 248 fullback who can do a decent job of running the ball when asked, but who can also be an asset in the passing game as a part of Jeremy Bates’ west coast offense.

As a member of the Sooners in 2017, Flowers hauled in 26 passes for 464 yards, meaning an impressive average of 17.8 yards per reception to go along with 5 receiving touchdowns.  In his only college start at tailback with Oklahoma, Flowers carried the ball 22 times for 115 yards and a receiving touchdown.  For his career, Flowers hauled in 54 balls for 886 yards and 13 scores.

With the only other fullback on the roster being Lawrence Thomas, don’t be surprised if Flowers finds a way not only to stick with Gang Green, but to earn steady playing time as a reliable outlet option for new quarterback Sam Darnold.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
cGqClAOF6dU

Click here to read the full story...

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JetNation said:

 

As a member of the Sooners in 2017, Flowers hauled in 26 passes for 464 yards, meaning an impressive average of 17.8 yards per reception to go along with 5 receiving touchdowns.  In his only college start at tailback with Oklahoma, Flowers carried the ball 22 times for 115 yards and a receiving touchdown.  For his career, Flowers hauled in 54 balls for 886 yards and 13 scores.

 

cGqClAOF6dU

Click here to read the full story...

That's nice- 17.8 yards per reception? 1st down maker

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you watch the YouTube videos of Baker Mayfield's game tapes, this guy was a big part of Oklahoma's offense. He's a playmaker. I'm shocked that he wasn't drafted, and super excited that we got him.

He reminds me of Richie Anderson. A guy that can do a little of everything.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes and I'm really intrigued by Frank Luvu as well. 

I love this guy.  Think he makes the roster, and contributes on ST's and as a situational pass rusher first year.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

If you watch the YouTube videos of Baker Mayfield's game tapes, this guy was a big part of Oklahoma's offense. He's a playmaker. I'm shocked that he wasn't drafted, and super excited that we got him.

He reminds me of Richie Anderson. A guy that can do a little of everything.

From your lips to God's ears.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetNation said:

With the only other fullback on the roster being Lawrence Thomas, don’t be surprised if Flowers finds a way not only to stick with Gang Green, but to earn steady playing time as a reliable outlet option for new quarterback Sam Darnold.

Don't take this as a knock on Dmitri Flowers but he's not going to supplant the great "LT".

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...