I Need Some Advice From Homeowners

Bombdirt

6 hours ago, batman10023 said:

lol, she's like 60 years old but has big parties.  (we are always invited, including tequila and tacos this summer).  she always comes the next afternoon with an expensive bottle of wine for the noise she caused.  

Yea man negotiate. Sounds likw she just wants a bit of satisfaction as if she "won" 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

lol, she's like 60 years old but has big parties.  (we are always invited, including tequila and tacos this summer).  she always comes the next afternoon with an expensive bottle of wine for the noise she caused.  

Is she doable?  She might need a good stiff one at 60 make it all go away. 

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

BTW, I love this "Hamptons" stuff.   I have a place that is technically in Southampton Township.  My grandfather bought it for $1200.  It was two lots.  He didn't realize and didn't pay taxes on the one without the house - bought it back at a tax auction for $8.  It's worth way more now, but I'd be shocked if it is worth $350k.  Still, my Dad gets the beach pass and he is happy all summer. 

you should sell it.

if i had waited another 6 months i think i could have gotten my house (or a comparable house) for 20% less.  and i got a decent price.

prior to buying our house we bid 1.3mm on another house that the ask was 1.6mm (was reduced from 1.8mm).  they laughed on our face.  fast forward 12 months they sold it for 1.1mm.  now worth probably 2.5mm a decade later.  

9 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Lol my gf let off the brakes at a red light and tapped this rusted out POS worth 1000 tops. They exchanged info. 

Then she gets an email asking for 3500 for damages and clinic because his 2 little kids had to go to the clinic. Then, he starts sending emails about it "not going away". 

Googled him up, he and his family are in and out of jail for petty stuff often. So shes worried. He knows her address. 

Well I knew his to. Went there and wont say much more abojt how I handled it but havent heard a peep for a year

did you kill him?

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you should sell it.

if i had waited another 6 months i think i could have gotten my house (or a comparable house) for 20% less.  and i got a decent price.

prior to buying our house we bid 1.3mm on another house that the ask was 1.6mm (was reduced from 1.8mm).  they laughed on our face.  fast forward 12 months they sold it for 1.1mm.  now worth probably 2.5mm a decade later.  

Why would I sell it?  I share it with my parents and my Dad loves it out there. He has been going to the beach nearly every day for something like 60 years.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Why would I sell it?  I share it with my parents and my Dad loves it out there. He has been going to the beach nearly ever day for something like 60 years.

oh i thought it was yours.  then your house gets alot of use and is worth it.

we are there 2 weeks in the summer and probably another 6 summer weekends.   then once a month from oct-dec, march-april.  

a waste but we do rent it out in august and my rent more than pays the mortgage on the house for the year.  

9 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

oh i thought it was yours.  then your house gets alot of use and is worth it.

we are there 2 weeks in the summer and probably another 6 summer weekends.   then once a month from oct-dec, march-april.  

a waste but we do rent it out in august and my rent more than pays the mortgage on the house for the year.  

I would be out there plenty, but I have been working in DC since 2012.  The commute is a bit tougher.  Hoping to spend a week out there in September.  

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

she's single and not bad looking.

i think my wife would prefer for me to do that then pay $2k.  Saves her the effort and money.

Then what the hell are you waiting for if the wife is giving you a hall pass take care of business. 

On 6/16/2018 at 10:54 PM, batman10023 said:

My neighbor said I killed her leylands by trimming them too short.  They were on my property after growing. 

What a disaster.  She removed them and planted new trees but wants me to pay 2500 bucks to split the cost. 

Just tell her to GFY. Ridiculous !

On 6/18/2018 at 5:24 PM, HighPitch said:

Lol my gf let off the brakes at a red light and tapped this rusted out POS worth 1000 tops. They exchanged info. 

Then she gets an email asking for 3500 for damages and clinic because his 2 little kids had to go to the clinic. Then, he starts sending emails about it "not going away". 

Googled him up, he and his family are in and out of jail for petty stuff often. So shes worried. He knows her address. 

Well I knew his to. Went there and wont say much more abojt how I handled it but havent heard a peep for a year

Good for you.

Archived