Sam Darnold merchandise

KINGDIRK

Does anyone know where or when Sam Darnold Jets apparel will be available?

Want to get something for my Dads birthday next week and right now all I can find are Darnold jerseys and tee shirts with the number 1 on the back.

When will his real number be available on those items in stores?

His number should be determined fairly soon.  I collect and buy/sell sports cards and usually the top QBs numbers are ready for the rookie premiere in LA(where players take their first pictures and sign the initial autographs for the card companies.  This year is May 17-19th, so I would expect possibly sometime around then.  You could always pre-order it and put the order in a card if that's what you want to do.  It'll be like 2 gifts for him, one in the card, and again when the order comes in.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

According to Jets website WR Andre Roberts currently has #14. 

Found an old article on Darnold and his choice of number....

https://reignoftroy.com/2017/07/28/sam-darnold-cameron-smith-jersey-numbers-their-own/

Darnold contemplated changing his number before it was too late last year, before he won the starting job and became forever associated with No. 14 — a number jokingly mocked by teammates.

The quarterback could have grabbed No. 18, his high school number. It was open on the offensive side of the ball opposite linebacker Quinton Powell. Alternatively, he could have gone with No. 15, the jersey his grandfather wore while playing basketball for USC. He would have had to trade receiver Isaac Whitney for it though.

Instead, Darnold thought better of it.

“A lot of people do care about their number. Cam [Smith] cared about it a lot when he came in. I know he wanted 55. Then he made 35 his thing,” Darnold said. “That’s been my theory behind jersey numbers. Whatever they give you, just make it yours.”

Both #18 and #15 in use also. :lol:

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think they want to sell those #1 jerseys so they are waiting until a few more get sold before revealing his number. 

Last year most teams revealed the rookie's numbers on May 5th.

I think it's safe to assume he'll go with 14.

I thought all the jerseys being advertised as #1, weren't being shipped until his number was chosen...

2 minutes ago, British Jet said:

I thought all the jerseys being advertised as #1, weren't being shipped until his number was chosen...

I doubt it. You'd think they'd want to sell those #1 jerseys now then again sell the new number jerseys when they were available. Nobody will want a #1 jersey once the actual jersey number comes out.

If you look at the official Jets shop merchandise, at least with the Jerseys, it has the quote below, so I would assume if you buy the jersey now you'll have to wait, but it will come with whatever number he chooses:

http://www.jetsshop.com/New_York_Jets_Jerseys/Mens_Nike_Sam_Darnold_Green_New_York_Jets_2018_NFL_Draft_First_Round_Pick_Game_Jersey

This is a special event item. Orders containing this item will be shipped separately. This item will be shipped 2-4 weeks after the player's number is officially confirmed by the NFL.

Archived