2019 Draft.

sec101row23

Taking a quick look at next years prospects, you could have 7 or 8 DE/DTs taken in the first half of the draft.  I’m sure Bowles is getting the Jergens and tissues ready for that one. 

As far as OTs go, maybe Trey Adams, Washington assuming he is healthy again, Jonah Williams, Alabama and David Edwards, Wisconsin?   I know way too early but it looks to be a massively heavy defensive first round.  

Anyway, never too early to speculate.  

Forgot Greg Little, Ole Miss as another possible first round OT

53 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Taking a quick look at next years prospects, you could have 7 or 8 DE/DTs taken in the first half of the draft.  I’m sure Bowles is getting the Jergens and tissues ready for that one

As far as OTs go, maybe Trey Adams, Washington assuming he is healthy again, Jonah Williams, Alabama and David Edwards, Wisconsin?   I know way too early but it looks to be a massively heavy defensive first round.  

Hopefully he is not coaching this team at that point. 

This is from usatoday.  Ignore which team is picking where.  They have the Patriots at 32 and the rest of the AFC East picking 1, 2 and 3.  This is highly unlikely.  Anyway, posting for the list of prospects rather than what team would draft them. 

1. New York Jets | Nick Bosa | EDGE | Ohio State

After getting their franchise quarterback in Sam Darnold, the Jets are freed up to take an elite pass rusher here.

2. Miami Dolphins | Ed Oliver | DL | Houston

If Ryan Tannehill is still their man under center, Miami would be wise to use this pick on Oliver, who would be a fantastic replacement for Ndamukong Suh.

3. Buffalo Bills | Dexter Lawrence | DL | Clemson

The Bills added some solid pieces to the defensive front this offseason, but none of them have Lawrence’s rare combination of size and athleticism.

4. Cleveland Browns | Rashan Gary | DL | Michigan

Adding a versatile, athletic defender like Gary to a unit that already has Myles Garret would just be unfair.

5. Cincinnati Bengals | Greg Little | OT | Mississippi

Billy Price should fortify the interior, but the Bengals have whiffed on tackles recently, which means it’s time to take another swing.

6. Chicago Bears | Jonah Williams | OT | Alabama

Continuing the trend of giving Mitchell Trubisky every reason to succeed, Williams is a stud blocker who can plan either tackle spot at a high level.

7. Arizona Cardinals | Trey Adams | OT | Washington

Can you tell this tackle class could be the best one we’ve seen in the last few years? If Adams can stay healthy, he could be protecting Josh Rosen’s blind side.

8. Washington Redskins | Will Grier | QB | West Virginia

Alex Smith is a solid stop-gap option, but Washington will need a long-term solution at quarterback, and Grier could end up being next year’s best option.

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers | Clelin Ferrell | EDGE | Clemson

The defensive rebuild continues in Tampa Bay, where they land an explosive rusher to develop behind Jason Pierre-Paul and Vinny Curry.

10. Detroit Lions | Christian Wilkins | DL | Clemson

Matt Patricia continues to revamp the defensive front in Detroit, adding an explosive, versatile defender in Wilkins, who could have been a top-10 pick this year.

11. Tennessee Titans | A.J. Brown | WR | Mississippi

After filling their biggest defensive needs in the 2018 draft, the Titans can afford to spend this pick on another dynamic weapon for Marcus Mariota.

12. Indianapolis Colts | Deandre Baker | CB | Georgia

Unless Quincy Wilson make a huge jump in 2018, this could be a huge need for the Colts. Baker is a versatile playmaker with a nose for the ball.

13. New York Giants | Raekwon Davis | DL | Alabama

If the G-Men are confident Davis Webb or Kyle Lauletta can be Eli Manning’s successor, they can afford to use this pick on the massive, athletic Davis.

14. Kansas City Chiefs | Greedy Williams | CB | LSU

Kendall Fuller was a fantastic addition via trade, but he’s better in the slot. Williams would be the Chiefs’ Marcus Peters replacement on the outside.

15. Denver Broncos | Jarrett Stidham | QB | Auburn

After passing on this year’s top quarterbacks in 2018, the Broncos might be wise to invest in one to develop behind Case Keenum.

16. Carolina Panthers | Mitch Hyatt | OT | Clemson

Hyatt should be more refined after another year in school, giving the Panthers a younger option to replace either veteran tackle.

17. Baltimore Ravens | Josh Allen | LB | Kentucky

A versatile linebacker who can make plays off the ball or on the edge, Allen’s decision to return to school could pay off in a big way.

18. Seattle Seahawks | Michael Jackson | CB | Miami (FL)

A perfect fit for what the Seahawks want at the corner spot, Jackson’s size, athleticism and physicality could make him a top-20 pick.

19. Dallas Cowboys | Ahmmon Richards | WR | Miami (FL)

Michael Gallup was a strong pick in this year’s third round, but Richards would be another great addition with impressive size and speed.

20. Oakland Raiders | Rodney Anderson | RB | Oklahoma

Baker Mayfield stole the headlines in 2018, but Anderson was the unsung hero of the Sooners’ playoff run. He’d be a perfect replacement if Marshawn Lynch doesn’t return for 2019.

21. Green Bay Packers (from NO) | Austin Bryan | EDGE | Clemson

The entire Clemson defensive line makes it into the first round, as Bryant gives the Packers a well-rounded prospect to develop on the edge.

22. Los Angeles Chargers | Drew Lock | QB | Missouri

Lock may have been an early pick in 2018, but returning to school should improve his stock and leave him better prepared to make the jump to the pros.

23. Jacksonville Jaguars | Justin Herbert | QB | Oregon

This year’s quarterback class has more questions than answers, but Herbert has the tools to be the best in class if he keeps developing at his current rate.

24. Atlanta Falcons | Caleb Wilson | TE | UCLA

The Falcons have proven they’re willing to eschew bigger needs in the first round to give Matt Ryan as many weapons as possible. Wilson is an explosive downfield threat.

25. Houston Texans | Sam Beal | CB | Western Michigan

After waiting until the third round to make a pick this year, Houston addresses their biggest need with a tall, athletic cover man.

26. San Francisco 49ers | Terrell Lewis | EDGE | Alabama

The 49ers added some key pieces in this year’s draft, but they still need a playmaker at the LEO spot, and Lewis is a solid fit.

27. Pittsburgh Steelers | Christian Miller | LB | Alabama

The Steelers still have a void in the middle of their defense, and Miller has the athleticism and physicality to fill it.

28. Green Bay Packers | Michael Deiter | OL | Wisconsin

If Bryan Bulaga becomes a cap casualty, Deiter could be a viable replacement with the versatility to play either tackle spot, or even slide inside to guard.

29. Philadelphia Eagles | Bryce Love | RB | Stanford

The defending Super Bowl champs have some powerful backs on the depth chart, but Love’s explosive, big-play ability would be the perfect complement.

30. Minnesota Vikings | Joe Jackson | EDGE | Miami (FL)

Jackson is exactly the kind of big, athletic edge defender Mike Zimmer loves to develop, and a strong 2018 campaign could easily land him in the first round.

31. Los Angeles Rams | Montez Sweat | EDGE | Mississippi State

This defensive line is loaded, but they could still use an athletic edge rusher to take advantage. Sweat is big, athletic, and loaded with upside.

32. New England Patriots | Shea Patterson | QB | Michigan

If Patterson hits the ground running in Ann Arbor, he could be a worthy understudy for Tom Brady.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/04/30/2019-nfl-mock-draft-way-too-early-1st-round-projections/amp/

Ferrell or Bosa...

This is a good draft for EDGE and for top end tackle prospects. 2 things could really help us going in 1) Bridgewater playing well in preseason and getting traded for a high draft pick 2) quarterbacks having good seasons and pushing up into top draft picks.

Watching some later round 2018 QB prospects I settled on Tanner Lee in the 7th.  The same way Anthony Miller jumps out when watching Riley Ferguson, while I was watching him, I developed a crush on Stanley Morgan Jr.  Not the biggest guy, and he had some off-season troubles.  Walterfootball estimates 2-4 round.

o line and pass rush are the top two needs. need to get some big guys up front to protect darnold. also receiver is a need im pretty sure enunwa, pryor, and kearse are all free agents. cant really rely on anderson. hansen, stewart, and peake havent shown much, even though i think hansen will be decent

Big fan of Jonah Williams 

Great athlete and technician who has developed a reputation as a bigtime film junkie.

Would love to take him and kick Beachum inside to LG, where I actually think he’s an ideal fit. Especially in a zone scheme.

Fitting that for the first time that I actually would want/support a DT/DE, we'll end up going Edge or OT... Ed Oliver to me is the best defensive prospect i've seen on the Dline since... sh*t, I dunno. I would love nothing more than to hear his name called. 

13 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I think we're going to be too good to have a shot at the elite prospects. I'd still guess edge rusher or LT is the move.

Tons of Tackles in 19’. Looking good for us to snag one regardless.

On 5/10/2018 at 3:54 AM, Patriot Killa said:

Tons of Tackles in 19’. Looking good for us to snag one regardless.

There’s also going to be a lot of good OL available in FA.  We desperately need a real pass rusher now that we have a qb time to start doing everything it takes to get a guy who can actually sniff the qb

Shows you what a fraud the whole internet draft media community is. They don’t actually know where anyone should rank any of these players, so all the early ranking is always the best statistical quarterback who didn’t enter last year’s draft, then a bunch of DL and OL based solely on looking up their height and weight. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Shows you what a fraud the whole internet draft media community is. They don’t actually know where anyone should rank any of these players, so all the early ranking is always the best statistical quarterback who didn’t enter last year’s draft, then a bunch of DL and OL based solely on looking up their height and weight. 

Lol right. Drew Lock is a system QB and they have him way too high on that mock draft.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol right. Drew Lock is a system QB and they have him way too high on that mock draft.

Matt Miller, May 10, 2018: Man look at this Drew Lock gif. He’s my QB1.

Mike Mayock, February 3, 2019: Drew Lock sucks.

Matt Miller, also 2/3/2019: As you can see by this other gif Drew Lock clearly sucks.

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Matt Miller, May 10, 2018: Man look at this Drew Lock gif. He’s my QB1.

Mike Mayock, February 3, 2019: Drew Lock sucks.

Matt Miller, also 2/3/2019: As you can see by this other gif Drew Lock clearly sucks.

Matt Miller may be the biggest sheep in the “scouting community.” Guy is always swinging his dick around with big rumors and hot takes just for everyone to find out he’s just talking out the side of his neck.

Drew Lock is a 2nd round-3rd round prospect. I think Falk went in the 6th round this year...same pick as Brady went actually..but I see those two as about the same prospect wise.

everyone pretty much has a QB now besides maybe a few teams that have aging vets like the Chargers, Saints, ect. 

Maybe even the Bengals..

But point being..Drew Lock is going a LOT later due to that alone. 

On 4/30/2018 at 8:52 AM, sec101row23 said:

Taking a quick look at next years prospects, you could have 7 or 8 DE/DTs taken in the first half of the draft.  I’m sure Bowles is getting the Jergens and tissues ready for that one. 

So glad you're posting this.  I don't think we have a winner this year, so now that we have a QB it's fun to see what we can focus on next year to fill in the gaps.

Just now, Thai Jet said:

Wouldn't it have been nice to have that 2nd next year ? This year too for that matter.

Yeah, but that is the price for a QB.  And at least we got our guy without giving up a 1.

Archived