Why does Tonya Harding get so much attention?

Jetsfan80

First, I know that creating a thread with this title brings her more attention.  But whatever, it grinded my gears, so I thought it was worth a thread.

Chick gets a 30 for 30, movie with Margot Robbie playing her, and apparently is going to be on Dancing with the Stars (plus, of course, was on Celebrity Boxing).  Why does this chick get so much attention, and even completely undeserved sympathy?  Meanwhile, I don't think Nancy Kerrigan has made a peep.  My guess is she wants people to move on from a Mafia-like hit attempt from the early 90s.  Much like the rest of this country should have, but evidently didn't, because they can't get enough of her.

Ugh.  Just wanted to vent.  Feel free to ignore.

2 hours ago, peebag said:

everybody loves the white trash story - why do you think the Kardasians and Hiltons are so popular.

Yeah, but the Paris Hilton worship was short-lived, and for the Kardashians I imagine it'll go the same route.  For Harding, its been going on for decades.  Just baffling. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

First, I know that creating a thread with this title brings her more attention.  But whatever, it grinded my gears, so I thought it was worth a thread.

Chick gets a 30 for 30, movie with Margot Robbie playing her, and apparently is going to be on Dancing with the Stars (plus, of course, was on Celebrity Boxing).  Why does this chick get so much attention, and even completely undeserved sympathy?  Meanwhile, I don't think Nancy Kerrigan has made a peep.  My guess is she wants people to move on from a Mafia-like hit attempt from the early 90s.  Much like the rest of this country should have, but evidently didn't, because they can't get enough of her.

Ugh.  Just wanted to vent.  Feel free to ignore.

You hot for her?

images.jpg

download.jpg

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, but the Paris Hilton worship was short-lived, and for the Kardashians I imagine it'll go the same route.  For Harding, its been going on for decades.  Just baffling. 

Short lived for the Kardashians?   They've been on TV for what, 15 years?   For literally, literally having no talent.

Archived