Terrelle Pryor... Possible bounce back year?

Marshmello

Pryor has size and speed that cant be taught but he is not a good route runner and has never been lauded for a good work ethic or being a good teammate.  This is important because Robby Anderson has as much talent, similar off the field problems, and doesnt need any bad influences.

That being said, I think our WR coach Karl Dorrell has done a great job improving Robby's on field play and he could potentially do the same for Pryor.  

IMO I hope we use a base offense of 2 WR Robby and Kearse, Enunwa as the H-back and a TE to help block.  Let Hansen and Pryor be the next 2 WRs off the bench.

Yes, I think he will produce at least like a WR2 for us.  The injury + potentially a relationship that never really developed with Cousins are likely explanations for his downturn in production last year compared to the year before. 

If he'd produced in 2017 like he did in 2016, he likely wouldn't be here.  His market would have been larger than it was this offseason.   Works out well for us. 

Well if Pryor was hurt and can play he will start. You will have Pryor Kearse and Anderson as the top 3. Not bad. If Enunwa can comeback it will look like we have a respectable WR corps for a change. I'm still a little skeptical about these guys and will reserve judgement until we are well into TC. So far its looking up.

If he was truly hurt last year and that was the reason for the drop in production we have a legit WR core.  Maybe not the best but certainly enough to be a "real" NFL offense. 

Our wrs are mediocre at best. How many teams would take any of our guys for a number one or 2 receiver? I think most other teams would view our guys as depth players.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

14 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Our wrs are mediocre at best. How many teams would take any of our guys for a number one or 2 receiver? I think most other teams would view our guys as depth players.

Pryor had over 1,000 in '16 (injured last year it seems)

Andersen had 941 yards and 7 TD's last year (with Josh McCown and Bryce Petty as the QB)

Not sure either one of those guys would be considered "depth" players.

52 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Pryor has size and speed that cant be taught but he is not a good route runner and has never been lauded for a good work ethic or being a good teammate.  This is important because Robby Anderson has as much talent, similar off the field problems, and doesnt need any bad influences.

That being said, I think our WR coach Karl Dorrell has done a great job improving Robby's on field play and he could potentially do the same for Pryor.  

IMO I hope we use a base offense of 2 WR Robby and Kearse, Enunwa as the H-back and a TE to help block.  Let Hansen and Pryor be the next 2 WRs off the bench.

You would have to have some pretty good work ethic to transition from QB to WR as late as he did and still be successful . And this is first I have ever heard him being regarded as a bad teammate on any level . 

32 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Doesn’t matter how anyone views them,  it matters how they play. Quality QB play will help any WR play better or even close to great in some cases. Maybe we get some of that this year. 

42 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

The glass is always half empty isn't it ?

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Pryor had over 1,000 in '16 (injured last year it seems)

Andersen had 941 yards and 7 TD's last year (with Josh McCown and Bryce Petty as the QB)

Not sure either one of those guys would be considered "depth" players.

Francesa yesterday made it sound like we shouldn’t play Darnold until the year 2030 when we finally rebuild the OL and get some receivers.  We already have both but hey

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Francesa yesterday made it sound like we shouldn’t play Darnold until the year 2030 when we finally rebuild the OL and get some receivers.  We already have both but hey

Well, if the official Diet Coke spokesman proclaimed it, thus be it.B)

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Well, if the official Diet Coke spokesman proclaimed it, thus be it.B)

Francesa hates the jets and really he hates Woody.  He actually sounded kind of bitter yesterday about us getting Darnold saying he was going to be a star but then doing the whole caveat that we shouldn’t play him until 5 years from now because we don’t have enough talent on offense

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

By then Hacc might be ready for back up duty. This rebuild is really shaping up. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

We have many Qbs on the roster but you would think they could theoretically go with only two with Pryor as the emergency Qb. But prob they will carry three. 

Way things are going we are carrying 5 qbs on the week 1 roster

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Francesa hates the jets and really he hates Woody.  He actually sounded kind of bitter yesterday about us getting Darnold saying he was going to be a star but then doing the whole caveat that we shouldn’t play him until 5 years from now because we don’t have enough talent on offense

That's what he is...a bitter old man who always makes it about him. Not the story, or stories at hand, the callers, but him. That's why he came back, because he couldn't stand not getting the ego stimulation from his Stepford Wive's listeners on a daily basis. He should be pitied, not listened to.

21 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Add in Kearse who had 840 yards last year...Enunwa coming back - new TE and upgraded RB..

There are plenty of weapons - Could we still upgrae? sure.  But there's legitimate NFL talent there.  

Just now, section314 said:

That's what he is...a bitter old man who always makes it about him. Not the story, or stories at hand, the callers, but him. That's why he came back, because he couldn't stand not getting the ego stimulation from his Stepford Wive's listeners on a daily basis. He should be pitied, not listened to.

He wouldn’t say it but he sounded pissed the giants took a pass on Darnold 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Add in Kearse who had 840 yards last year...Enunwa coming back - new TE and upgraded RB..

There are plenty of weapons - Could we still upgrae? sure.  But there's legitimate NFL talent there.  

Do we have great or even good talent on offense?  No but it’s ok and I think our offensive line is better than what Luck had in Indy especially if Beachum can stay healthy

I’d rather have 4 #2 caliber wideouts than a true #1 and #2 combo 10 tiles out of 10, especially in a West cost offense. The mismatches and inability of the opposing defensive coordinator to gameplan for “one guy” alone is a huge advantage. Just my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He wouldn’t say it but he sounded pissed the giants took a pass on Darnold 

I totally believe it, because he more than likely was saying that on whatever shows, podcasts etc. he may have been on pre-draft. Just like he would be to one of his callers   " if you don't take Darnold, you don't know what the hell you're doing." 

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Just an observation. Answer the question how many teams start any of our receivers?

Quite a few would start Robby and some possibly Pryor. I know the Bills would start Robby in a heartbeat. Don't forget this was NOT a good year for WR's in the draft.

My perception from afar is that Macc is trying to take a Packers-ish approach to building a receiver corps. Less of the absolute elite #1 guys, but more cases where you're going to get a mismatch somewhere on the field. As it shapes up right now the #1 and #2 receivers aren't great, but I think our #3 and #4 guys can regularly win against corners who are farther down on the depth chart.

Archived