Official Eric Magini Thread (Merged)

RSJ

Today's Boston Herald

Rumors out of New York had Patriots defensive coordinator Eric Mangini in the mix for the Jets head coaching job. When asked last night if the Jets had sought permission to interview Mangini, a Patriots official had no comment. . . .

If I had one choice it would be Mangini. He worked with a beat up defense and especially beat up secondary while BB had his attention on the offense this year. His background is with DB's which means maybe we can have a good secondary which we haven't seen since Glenn and Coleman left.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Woody, lets swing for the fences. Forget the guys that have been fired elsewhere (that means they already failed). Forget the guys that have been passed over for 10 years (that means there are doubts).

Eric is young. Real young. But if you want to talk about great pedigree...this is it. He has coached in more big games then our entire current coaching staff. So experience is not an issue despite his age.

The only problem here is that he will have a hard time assembling a coaching staff. Bill will have anyone he wants to bring locked down. Besides losing out on Pepper Johnson isn't a huge deal anyway.

Take a shot Woody. Swing for the home run. I am tired of this franchise being happy with singles.

Hey Woody, lets swing for the fences. Forget the guys that have been fired elsewhere (that means they already failed). Forget the guys that have been passed over for 10 years (that means there are doubts).

Eric is young. Real young. But if you want to talk about great pedigree...this is it. He has coached in more big games then our entire current coaching staff. So experience is not an issue despite his age.

The only problem here is that he will have a hard time assembling a coaching staff. Bill will have anyone he wants to bring locked down. Besides losing out on Pepper Johnson isn't a huge deal anyway.

Take a shot Woody. Swing for the home run. I am tired of this franchise being happy with singles.

That's probably the worst scenatio for any Pats fan.

Mangini will be a great NFL HC.

I'm hoping Woody will screw it up somehow. :wink:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5231056

But the big news in New York could be that Patriots defensive coordinator Eric Mangini could be the front-runner to replace Herman Edwards, according to sources close to Mangini. Only 36 years old, Mangini would be the youngest head coach in the NFL if the position is offered and accepted. Another name connected to the Jets is fired New Orleans coach Jim Haslett.

More good news and perhaps why the Jets are dragging thier feet and interviewing everyone in america.

More good news and perhaps why the Jets are dragging thier feet and interviewing everyone in america.

The Jets have perfected Foot dragging to a Art Form! It could be their waiting for the Pats season to end..But they couldn't wait in 01 for the Giants and Ravens to be done to get a shot at Fox or Lewis so I doubt they will this time either! We have met the enemy and he is us.. :x

Of course it won't happen because it makes absolute ******* sense!! The has got the pedigree and seems to have done a pretty good job this season. It would be ironic if the Jets ended up paying him more than Hermie was getting. Nice kick in the balls to the herminator.

Better they drag their feet and get it right than jump on a guy that's the wrong choice-like they did when they hired Edwards before Fox or Lewis were free in 2001. Above all, quality, not cronyism, should be the criteria.

Want to hear this, and young up&comers like Jim Bates and Ron Rivera getting interviewed. Could live with Fassel or Heimerdinger, but as to the rest of the retread dreck, there's no point.

Who ever it is based on Lange today has to drop a bomb on CLub Ed and on Day 1 let everyone know slackers and nonhackers can use the exit door pronto. Offseason conditioning workouts and "voluntary" team activities are required. Overweight or miss a meeting? FINE! Production, not contract, dictate playing time. If you are a pro football player, this is your career. If you cannot make the commitment it requires, time to retire.

Schottenhimer? Sherman? Haslett? Vitt? UGH!If Bradway tries to hire some old guy because their pals from way back, tell Terry he too can use the exit door.

Anyone hear WFAN today? Apparently Francessca was talking about this. I was out of town and didn't hear it.

Francessca said that Mumbles hates the Jets so much he will talk Eric out of it.

Time to step up Woody. Handle this one yourself so that we know who to blame.

Anyone hear WFAN today? Apparently Francessca was talking about this. I was out of town and didn't hear it.

Francessca said that Mumbles hates the Jets so much he will talk Eric out of it.

Time to step up Woody. Handle this one yourself so that we know who to blame.

Max- was just about to post this. I think Francessa is DEAD ON with this. Belichick the bitch will try to F us.

Hopefully Mangini will say, hey, I'm not this a$$hole's little toy. I'm gonna go to the Jets.

Max- was just about to post this. I think Francessa is DEAD ON with this. Belichick the b!tch will try to F us.

Hopefully Mangini will say, hey, I'm not this a$$hole's little toy. I'm gonna go to the Jets.

Depends. If Woody offers him some second rate contract then Mangini will probably hold out for another year or two.

Gotcha. So then Bradway did a great job getting a 4th rounder for him.

At least be consistent.

he was only worth peanuts when he got the job.

No HC experience. No coordinator experience and was going to be learning on the job. He didn't warrant a big contract. He got to learn on the job and made a decent wage.

You were the one happy with his coaching,you tell me. Was a 4th enough or did you think he was worth more?

You were the one happy with his coaching,you tell me. Was a 4th enough or did you think he was worth more?

Not the point. You were the one blasting the Jets for getting ripped off in compensation. I am calling you on that. Either he is worthless or not. You decide.

Not the point. You were the one blasting the Jets for getting ripped off in compensation. I am calling you on that. Either he is worthless or not. You decide.

When he got the job as HC of the NYJ....he wasn't worth a real Hc's salary. He hadn't earned a coordinator salary. he was a JAG with no experience who we were going to have to spoon feed untill he understood how to coach. He got more money than he was worth in my book. He was unhappy with that contract and wanted out. We foot the bill for his on the job training and he wants more money after a 4-12 season.

He's under contract. He's not worth a raise. So In my book. keeping him at his peanuts contract had more value than a 4th rd pick. spite,I know.

The only thing im guilty of is thinking our FO could get more than a 4th for him. Or atleast hoping they could convince KC he was worth more. Maybe I stressed the importance of him being OUR HC and UNDER CONTRACT to serve my agenda(better pick) but all i wanted was a higher pick.

I am fully aware of the fact he was going one way or the other and atleast we got something I was just hoping for once in my lifetime we could take advantage of someone else.

Feel better?

Archived