Maxman

If the Jets go 7 and 9 this year would you:  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If the Jets go 7 and 9 this year would you:

• Fire Herm
    • Fire Bradway
    • Fire Both Herm and Bradway
    • Be Happy They Won That Many Games

If the Jets disappoint this season time to clean house. I know it won't happen because the Jets will CRUISE next year. Thanks to the leadership and guidance of Mr. Herman Edwards.

But if not, I want a new regime. No excuses. I don't care who got hurt or how Chad's shoulder held up.

Get it done or get out.

I'd be very shocked if they put up such a record. They improved one glaring need(WR) and haven't lost anyone of consequence. A huge positive sway in the OC change, with a depletetion of the rival's staff, spells a better season than last IMO. 7-9 would be very freaky, probably the result of catastrophe in the health department. We've said this before: No Excuses.

There's no doubt that Herm will be under the microscope this year to get the job done. If he doesn't take this team to the SB, IMO Herm will be out of a job.

I wonder who was the only person who voted for "Be Happy They Won That Many Games". Couldn't be TX could it??

I'd be very shocked if they put up such a record. They improved one glaring need(WR) and haven't lost anyone of consequence.

DBlock is a suitable replacement as a backup RB, Coles is a definate upgrade over Sideline and we have improved our coaching staff...

and while Fergy and KMac were paid way too much IMO and KMac is overrated... both of them are certainly "players of consequence" and filling those 2 holes and adding a pass catching TE are imperative for us to have a legit shot at the big game.

Ever since you became THE WEBMASTER, you're scary.

I say we've gotta go 11-5 to save Herm's job.

Cubed, if the Jets go 10-6 or 9-7, just squeak into the playoffs, and yet once again, get bounced before the AFC Championship game, Hermy will probably be given a 6 year extension.

All the Hermophites will be clamouring "But he took the Jets to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years".

The problem with the Jets organization starts at the top:

Woody has no balls. :wink:

while Fergy and KMac were paid way too much IMO and KMac is overrated... both of them are certainly "players of consequence" and filling those 2 holes and adding a pass catching TE are imperative for us to have a legit shot at the big game.

TE will be addition by subtraction. Automatic upgrade. The other 2 guys are average players. Yes they'll need to be replaced, but it should'nt be difficult. This is why TB would go with Herm if anymore management changes happen.

TE will be addition by subtraction. Automatic upgrade. The other 2 guys are average players. Yes they'll need to be replaced, but it should'nt be difficult. This is why TB would go with Herm if anymore management changes happen.

Don't underestimate the importance of Becht's blocking. ;) He couldn't catch a cold though... The other 2 guys are not jags... they are replaceable, and we were smart to not overpay either... but they are a step above average.

I won't be concerned for awhile though. I will wait until the June 1st and training camp cuts before I start worrying.

Cubed, if the Jets go 10-6 or 9-7, just squeak into the playoffs, and yet once again, get bounced before the AFC Championship game, Hermy will probably be given a 6 year extension.

All the Hermophites will be clamouring "But he took the Jets to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years".

The problem with the Jets organization starts at the top:

Woody has no balls. :wink:

When you sat on those horrible seats during the 2-14 seasons NE posted I think you would have gladly taken a 4 of 5 play-off birth run.

The recent run by NE sure has made you jaded to the point you forget that play-offs while not the goal are indeed an accomplishment.

I am a believer in this team and the talent assembled. It might depend on injuries. I know, injuries are part of the game, but that being said, were Chad or Martin out for an extended period of time, Herm might catch a break. If the team didn't have any major injuries and went 7-9, 8-8, I would expect at the least, for Herm to be fired.

Bradway is another story.

He still has a few months, including the draft, and June 1st cuts, before the final product hits the field. I will have to wait until then to judge whether he should be let go, because he has done a good job assembling talent and coaches. His last draft seemed to restock a bare cupboard. Overall, I think Bradway has put talent that is better than a 7-9, 8-8 record.

It would be interesting to see, if Bradway would remain, and if so, whom he would replace Herm with.

I'd rather not find out.

When you sat on those horrible seats during the 2-14 seasons NE posted I think you would have gladly taken a 4 of 5 play-off birth run.

The recent run by NE sure has made you jaded to the point you forget that play-offs while not the goal are indeed an accomplishment.

Actually my seats were pretty good. It was the team that sucked.

My last 3 years were brutal ('90-'92 seasons). And the problem started at the top with the idiot owner James Orthwein. The guy could give a crap about how the team performed (as evidence of HC Rod Rust and Dick MacPherson) and all he wanted to do was move the team to St. Louis.

Even with the Jets lowest moment in their entire history, it was not as bad and bleak as the Pats situation at the end of 1992.

Robert Kraft, Bill Parcells and Drew Bledsoe (sorry Garb) saved the Pats franchise from total extinction when they took over.

I guess my long-winded point is that for every successful organization, everything starts with a committment at the top. The Pats recent successes began back in the mid-'90's with Robert Kraft.

Aren't you hungry for a title?

Prior to 1992, making the playoffs four of five years would have qualified for success.

Then Par$ells came to town and expectations were raised. It was no longer a matter of if, but when. They made the playoffs in year 2. They went to the Superbowl in year 4. A superbowl they actually had a chance to win. I do not think even the blindest of homers thought we could beat the Bears. However, Green Bay was beatable. They were superior no doubt, but the Patriots could beat them.

To come relatively close and to lose only made the desire for a championship that much greater.

I would not say it has jaded us, but made us enjoy the success that much more. Why merely hope for the playoffs. I want titles. I want the DVD where the QB, Coach and owner hold up the Lombardi trophy. Not the sugar coated DVD where even a 2-14 team sounds like a champion.

Fire Bradway and Herm, but don't clean house

Bring in a new GM, make Hendu or Dinger the new HC, and give the other guy a substantial raise with a promotion to Assistant HC

IMO Herm is expendable but keeping Hendu and Dinger is vital ... they are two exceptional coaches

For a GM I would look at the right-hand men for teams that consistantly draft well ... like the Steelers, Titans, or Ravens {just to name three}

By right-hand men I mean the chief scouts to those respective GM's ... the directors of scouting

For example, with the Steelers that would be Ron Hughes who is Kevin Colbert's chief scout

Whoever that guy is for Ozzie Newsome, ditto

Same goes with Floyd Reese's director of college scouting

Those are the three cats I would bring in for an interview ... and hire the man who seems most prepared

And please don't anyone say Mike Tannenbaum ... we need a scouts eye and Tanny is not a scout ... he's a capologist/glorified accountant

Fire Bradway and Herm, but don't clean house

Bring in a new GM, make Dinger or Hendu the new HC, and give the other guy a substantial raise with a promotion to Assistant HC

IMO Herm is expendable but keeping Hendu and Dinger is vital ... they are two exceptional coaches

Ham your always a breath of fresh air!! Good Idea's

but I would still give Hermie the HC for"Head Chef"

and let him cook the Post Game feast!! A place for

everyone and everyone in their place!! :wink: Common

sense comes to Jetland!! :P

If we are 7-9 next year then it is because there is a key injury that cannot be replaced.

Example - Curtis Martin

Ah, the built in excuses are coming out early.

Good teams will still win when they have injuries.

Would you like me to give you an example?

Ah, the built in excuses are coming out early.

Good teams will still win when they have injuries.

Would you like me to give you an example?

Curtis Martin is more valuable to the Jets then any player on the Patriots that has been injuried in the past 4 seasons.

Curtis Martin is more valuable to the Jets then any player on the Patriots that has been injuried in the past 4 seasons.

Maybe one for one.

But the Pats losing Law, Poole, and Seymour at the same time would be much greater than the Jets just losing Martin.

What the Pats secondary did last year with all those injuries is nothing short of amazing.

Maybe one for one.

But the Pats losing Law, Poole, and Seymour at the same time would be much greater than the Jets just losing Martin.

What the Pats secondary did last year with all those injuries is nothing short of amazing.

Oh, I agree 100%, Magini did a great job with that secondary and hopefully for the Pats he'll have the same effect with the defense because they'll have to deal with the loss of Ty Law and Tedy Bruschi most likely.

Maybe one for one.

Martin goes down in the last 4 years Jordan is

there to "Maybe" even sit down Martin as a

starter..Wally Pip anyone??LOL Realistically

we had a great back up..The Pats had a W/R

playing DB for Pete's sake and still were

Super Bowl Champs!! Great Coaching and Team

play wins the Big one!! Saying Wow we got the

Rushing Champ.. Bites the Big one!!! :lol:

at 7 & 9 i voted for both to be gone. as we know, this is edwards first HC job. he's had problems with time management over the years. at 7 & 9, chances are it would have remained a problem. no excuse for that stuff in year 5.

bradway would also get voted off the island. he drafts well, but it seems the quality of his FA moves are a coin flip. not getting either pat williams or fred smoot was a huge blunder, IMO. as far as how we missed out on jeb putzier...bad comedy. you can't let a team match an offer when their in cap hell & you are not. throw in the fact, we really needed this kid...it's one of bradway's worst screw ups.

still, all these points are moot. edwards will coach better in year 5 & bradway will draft well enough to make up for dropping the ball in FA. PS no point in dumping the GM but not the coach. a GM always wants to bring in his own guy anyway. as far as being happy with 7 & 9. only NE, BUF & MIA would be happy with that. :wink:

First of all I don't see the Jets going 7-9. Maybe 9-7 at the absolute worst. Out of the Jets home schedule I'm looking at 3 tough games:

#1. New England (tough anytime/anywhere)

#2: San Diego (NY beat them twice away last season)

#3: Saints (You never really know what to expect.)

...still I say the Jet's take 2 of these 3 for a 7-1 home record. Away...4 tough games:

#1: New England (see #1 above)

#2: Denver (thank God you get them before winter, but see #3 below)

#3: Kansas City (always tougher at home)

#4: Baltimore (beat their secondary, you've beat their defense, and honestly that's all they got.)

I'm thinking 2-2 out of these games at best. 1-3 is probably more likely. Throw in one of each of the unforseen road and home losses and I'm thinking 11-5 or 10-6.

So I voted fire Bradway. Only because that's what ol' Smizzy has been yelling in his sig for a while. :roll:

Archived