The More Sam talks, the more I like him!

20andOut

From PFT

“I embrace that, but I understand every single day is a process,” Darnold said, via ESPN.com. “You have to come in here and earn respect. I’m not going to come in here and demand it. I just have to come in here, understanding the position I’m in. I’m a rookie — I understand that — but at the same time, I’m a quarterback and I have to be a leader on the field and off it as well.”

Granted he could be talking off agent prepared cue cards but, the more I read and see from this kid the more I like him.

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

process? 

If you scramble the word "Darnold" you get:

LARDON
Lar"don\, Lardoon \Lar*doon"\, n. [F. lardon, fr. lard lard.] A bit of fat pork or bacon used in larding.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

LARDON
Lar"don\, Lardoon \Lar*doon"\, n. [F. lardon, fr. lard lard.] A bit of fat pork or bacon used in larding.

SAR I

Or Ronald:

image.png

Didn't make this. I'm actually thrilled to see Bowles demonstrating a sign of life today.

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

LARDON

SAR I

Well if you drop one of the 'D's you do.

You can get Old Sand Arm from Sam Darnold.  That may mean something.

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

LARDON

SAR I

You also get "Old nard".

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

These statements take no effort or planning by Darnold. This is just who he is.

The feeling since we drafted him has been surreal.  Thus far, he seems to be too good to be true! 

Agree, makes me think the NFL is coming to an end

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

LARDON

SAR I

If you scramble the word SAR you get ARS LOL

Just saying LOLLL :)

He's 20 years old and doesn't have a Twitter account. He had me at hello.

Honestly, I wanted the Jets to draft Watson last year. I think that guy is a winner and would've changed the culture of this franchise. I'm hoping his knees will not shorten what could be an exciting career. He has the makings of a very good to great pocket passer, so there's hope for him. I heard the talk about this year being the QB draft to end all others, but I knew we had a chance to draft Deshaun, and I wanted us to take it. I know there's a lot of love for Rosen and Mayfield, but if we had ended up with either, I think I would still be wishing Watson was ours.

NY can bring out the best and worst in a young athlete, and I'm not sure that either of those two would handle it the right way. There was only one QB I wanted this year, and I was sure we screwed ourselves from ever having a chance at getting him. Darnold, makes passing on a QB last year, feel like the right decision. Everything feels right, for the first time in a long, long time.

6 hours ago, 20andOut said:

From PFT

“I embrace that, but I understand every single day is a process,” Darnold said, via ESPN.com. “You have to come in here and earn respect. I’m not going to come in here and demand it. I just have to come in here, understanding the position I’m in. I’m a rookie — I understand that — but at the same time, I’m a quarterback and I have to be a leader on the field and off it as well.”

Granted he could be talking off agent prepared cue cards but, the more I read and see from this kid the more I like him.

Can you imagine if we drafted Rosen?  I wanted anyone but him, but Darnold was my #1

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Compare to wanker Josh Rosen, who tries so hard to be authentic that he’s as fake as a garage sale Picasso.

Rosen is starting to show his authentic self.  His handlers muzzled him leading up to the draft, slowly he's turning back to his A-hole self.  God, I couldn't tolerate that turd being the QB of the Jets, win or lose.

On May 4, 2018 at 7:00 PM, SnackExchange said:

He's 20 years old and doesn't have a Twitter account. He had me at hello.

Honestly, I wanted the Jets to draft Watson last year. I think that guy is a winner and would've changed the culture of this franchise. I'm hoping his knees will not shorten what could be an exciting career. He has the makings of a very good to great pocket passer, so there's hope for him. I heard the talk about this year being the QB draft to end all others, but I knew we had a chance to draft Deshaun, and I wanted us to take it. I know there's a lot of love for Rosen and Mayfield, but if we had ended up with either, I think I would still be wishing Watson was ours.

NY can bring out the best and worst in a young athlete, and I'm not sure that either of those two would handle it the right way. There was only one QB I wanted this year, and I was sure we screwed ourselves from ever having a chance at getting him. Darnold, makes passing on a QB last year, feel like the right decision. Everything feels right, for the first time in a long, long time.

pft2-e1525495314773.jpg

Archived