Bills would have picked Darnod if they traded up to 2

Jetsbb

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773921-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-how-the-draft-really-went-down-what-it-means

Sam Darnold, Not Baker Mayfield, Is Consensus QB1

Baker Mayfield was the first quarterback off the board, but only two teams were confirmed to have him as their top quarterback—the Cleveland Browns and New England Patriots. On the flip side, I spoke to over 15 teams that listed Darnold as their top quarterback. Josh Allen was the No. 7 overall pick in the first round, but sources told me only two teams loved him. The Arizona Cardinals would have traded up for Allen (and may have tried) because he was their top quarterback. The Bills, where Allen ultimately ended up, had Allen as QB2 behind Darnold, per sources.

The assumption was always Bills were trying to trade up for Josh Allen. Looks like Jets got lucky since Bills were the most aggressive trying to get to 2 and were probably that one legitimate offer that Gettleman admitted to being offered.

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

No chance in hell the patriots confirmed with anyone who their qb1 was. Hell, their scouts usually have no idea who the pick will be until after its announced 

Agreed. Also if the Patriots actually tell Bleacher report something -  there is a 98% chance it's a lie. Do you really think that the Patriots would admit - yeah we had Darnold as our number 1 QB but the Jets got him. No way. Of course they are gonna say that the one QB that we didn't get or couldn't get was their top choice.

12 minutes ago, nico002 said:

No chance in hell the patriots confirmed with anyone who their qb1 was. Hell, their scouts usually have no idea who the pick will be until after its announced 

Yeah, and in other news Belicheck posted the Patriots injury report for the season - Tom Brady questionable ( shoulder) , Gronk questionable(brains)

22 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Lmao. Bleacher report. 

14 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Agreed. Also if the Patriots actually tell Bleacher report something -  there is a 98% chance it's a lie. Do you really think that the Patriots would admit - yeah we had Darnold as our number 1 QB but the Jets got him. No way. Of course they are gonna say that the one QB that we didn't get or couldn't get was their top choice.

This is Matt Miller reporting it. He is a respected draft analyst with many sources on a lot of teams. The Jets have him in on their website come draft time every year.

13 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

That was hilarious!! 

However that is why I don't have people film me when the Jets engage in their often mindless stupidity!! :)

Trust me that was me on many of an occasion so I feel for the guy!!

For one shining moment I wasn't the Jet football fan screaming at the TV!!!

THANK GOD FOR SAM DARNOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I can't tell you how many times over the years that was me.

Now if I only knew how to link the video on my post...

hahahahaha I am ashamed to say that dude is me like 20 years ago before there were cell phone cameras ready to bare my stupidity to the world. 

3 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I can't tell you how many times over the years that was me.

Now if I only knew how to link the video on my post...

and I am not ashamed to say i bookmarked it so i can visit that video from time to time when this thread is dead and buried

56 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

That would have been me toned down by a lot if the Jets selected Mayfield in this draft never mind 1st overall with Darnold available.  I feel pity for that dude, genuine pity.

But don’t get it twisted I’m still smiling ear to ear, and feel like I need to be pinched to awake from an unrealistic dream, and better him then me lol.

13 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

That would have been me toned down by a lot if the Jets selected Mayfield in this draft never mind 1st overall with Darnold available.  I feel pity for that dude, genuine pity.

But don’t get it twisted I’m still smiling ear to ear, and feel like I need to be pinched to awake from an unrealistic dream, and better him then me lol.

I still think Mayfield is going to be great. But I think Darnold is the best possible pick for the Jets. I am still having a difficult time accepting we actually drafted Darnold.

The current best 6 words in the English language

Sam Darnold, New York Jets Quarterback

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773921-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-how-the-draft-really-went-down-what-it-means

The assumption was always Bills were trying to trade up for Josh Allen. Looks like Jets got lucky since Bills were the most aggressive trying to get to 2 and were probably that one legitimate offer that Gettleman admitted to being offered.

This should interest the Jets. This guy can't be any worse than Shell or Ijalana

5. The Cincinnati Bengals reportedly will not pick up the option on offensive tackle Cedric Ogbuehi following the 2018 season, per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, which would make him a free agent. The 2015 first-rounder (pick No. 21 overall) hasn't lived up to his draft stock yet but is an athletic player who needed work coming out of Texas A&M's spread offense. Don't be surprised if a team that likes his potential trades for Ogbuehi this preseason.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I still think Mayfield is going to be great. But I think Darnold is the best possible pick for the Jets. I am still having a difficult time accepting we actually drafted Darnold.

The current best 6 words in the English language

Sam Darnold, New York Jets Quarterback

For the first time in about 15 years if ever when I think Jets I don’t feel sadness, disappointment, pity myself, frustration, aggravation, agitation, the need to get snippy for the sake of getting snippy all things Jets, and on, and on.  For the first time it’s think Jets, take a relaxing breath smile, and feel genuinely happy, excited, and positive confidence in the future, and by future I mean 15 years maybe more it’s something very new to me not just with the Jets, but with all my sports teams (Mets, Rangers, Nets) it’s a great feeling, and I plan on positively enjoying the whole ride much more level headed then ever.

Good times ahead!

I just have to say that in all my years of watching this team I have never had a feeling like I have now going into a season. I don't care who would have done what or who would have picked who. All I know is that we have DARNOLD. I say that to myself at least once a day and smile every damn time.

4 hours ago, nico002 said:

True. Take it with a grain of salt but Mayfield’s agent did say Pats had a hard-on for BM. 

51 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

So Zona wanted Allen over Rosen? 

I am sure that will go over well, do we have a quote yet?

For being an uber smart guy, Rosen couldn't help himself from alienating everybody.  All he had to do was shut up and he would have gone much earlier, perhaps first overall, but you can see he's never gonna do that.  Even in the last week he was effectively warning teams that they better know what they're getting when they pick josh Rosen.  He is gonna be himself no matter what and if you don't like it, it's on you.

Where is the video of his reaction to the #4 pick, because that one was pretty horrible as well.  Instead of Darnold - Chubb, Cleve,]land gets Mayfield and a CB.  LOL. I would imagine there were things smashed against the wall after cleveland botched both #1 and #4.

Way to blow a draft unlike any others.

Archived