Bowles is fired up!

Maxman

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Most passion and fun we have seen from Bowels since he has been here!

Yeah. I think a number of players have said that there’s another side of Bowles within the locker, that the media and fans really never get to see. 

Think we got a glimpse of it. And I like it!

5 minutes ago, Happy Clouds said:

Yeah. I think a number of players have said that there’s another side of Bowles within the locker, that the media and fans really never get to see. 

Think we got a glimpse of it. And I like it!

I really think that if Bowles opens up a little more this fan base wont be as hard on him.......

Maybe.... :) 

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

I really think that if Bowles opens up a little more this fan base wont be as hard on him.......

His balls need to drop on game day first, and foremost, maybe having a true franchise QB he believes in will allow them to finally descend from the scrotum.

I remember it well. It was the first day of my junior year when I noticed her. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, and I told my friends that she was going to be my girlfriend. They all laughed. "She's way out of your league!", they all taunted. The thing is, they were right. She was out of my league. Now, I wasn't a troll, but a guy like me, doesn't get a girl like her. Strangely, the situation only served to free me of any fear. I mean, what do I have to lose, right? If I ask her out, and she laughs in my face, I'm still, in some small way, a legend. If I ask her out, and she says yes....

I did, and we were together for more than a decade.

That's kinda how I'm feeling tonight.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

His balls need to drop on game day first, and foremost, maybe having a true franchise QB he believes in will allow them to finally descend from the scrotum.

In some ways I really agree; Bowles has been trying to keep the game close, as most coaches are trained to do, when they don't think that they have the talent.

If Bowles thinks that the odds have been moved in his direction he might end up acting like a different HC.

We shall see...............................

SB Baby............. :) 

Looking at the draft coverage when Darnold came in as the pick....that was the giddiest I've ever seen Bowles talk about a QB of his....you can really tell they thought he was the diamond they would never get to touch, yet still fell in their lap.

I know Bowles gets a lot of flack for his incessant need to play vets even when its time to take a look at some younger guys....but I believe in this case he's not gonna put a leash on Darnold

13 minutes ago, Larz said:

I can relate. It feels like the devil has been knocked off of our backs 

Maybe Joe Willie only sold 50 years of the Jets soul for that SB win, guess what those 50 years are just about over.

13 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Looking at the draft coverage when Darnold came in as the pick....that was the giddiest I've ever seen Bowles talk about a QB of his....you can really tell they thought he was the diamond they would never get to touch, yet still fell in their lap.

I know Bowles gets a lot of flack for his incessant need to play vets even when its time to take a look at some younger guys....but I believe in this case he's not gonna put a leash on Darnold

I wrote on draft night that Bowles was obviously all in on Darnold. He was obviously super excited about him. Imagine things from his perspective. He's been staring at McCown, Petty, Hack, and Fitz since 2015. It must delightful for him to just watch Darnold throw the ball around. 

In his time with the Jets he has suffered through practices watching Geno, Fits, Petty, Hack, and McCown attempting to use their minimal talents to play the QB position. I believe he was pretty reserved considering this was the first time in 5 years that he's seen a QB on his practice he actually possesses QBing talent, and he's not even 21 yet. 

BTW, I have shirts that are older than Darnold.

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I wrote on draft night that Bowles was obviously all in on Darnold. He was obviously super excited about him. Imagine things from his perspective. He's been staring at McCown, Petty, Hack, and Fitz since 2015. It must delightful for him to just watch Darnold throw the ball around. 

Add to that Darnold's demeanor, which is really something that sets him apart.  I remember in the Rose Bowl 2 years ago, when he was only 18 years old the commentators remarking at how mature, calm and collected Sam was.  USC was way behind after some incredible work by Barkley and McSorely.  But Sam with no sign of panic executed flawlessly, throwing lasers in tight windows to surgically bring them back.  The only way this kid fails is if the Jets don't build the proper team around him.  If he has the weapons and protection, he will succeed.

54 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

In his time with the Jets he has suffered through practices watching Geno, Fits, Petty, Hack, and McCown attempting to use their minimal talents to play the QB position. I believe he was pretty reserved considering this was the first time in 5 years that he's seen a QB on his practice he actually possesses QBing talent, and he's not even 21 yet. 

BTW, I have shirts that are older than Darnold.

I’m just glad we haven’t seen Darnold without his shirt yet. Still think the star verses football player statement from Parcells is an absolute truth. 

I've been one of Bowles biggest critics regarding playing the young QBs, but now we all know that Petty sucked & Hack hasn't shown sh*t & is AGAIN going through a mechanics change. So Bowles  was right sticking with McCown as the other players deserve to have a guy leading them that truly gives them the best chance to succeed. It was not fair to them to play Petty or Hack.

So seeing this video confirms everyone's feelings regarding Sam Darnold falling in our laps. Bowles is one stoic guy but even he couldn't hide his excitement after seeing young Sam slinging it around. There is no doubt it lifts Bowles confidence in the team going forward, and probably the entire coaching staff. When camp starts in late July and the entire team sees him in action, I think they'll all believe in the back of their minds it's just a matter of time before Sam takes the reigns. Should excite the entire team.

Sam is coming for that job and he knows it . The fact that his job is on the line . Is why I know for fact where gonna get some Sam early. I know Bowles isn’t gonna get fired and not give his new potential job saver a shot.. 

10 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Opens up , as in opens up the offense. No more 3 yards and a cloud of dust football mentality. We now have the heir apparent at QB , let's see when he plays and how Bowles uses him. 

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I wrote on draft night that Bowles was obviously all in on Darnold. He was obviously super excited about him. Imagine things from his perspective. He's been staring at McCown, Petty, Hack, and Fitz since 2015. It must delightful for him to just watch Darnold hand the ball off. 

Fixed it for you 

7 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Sam is coming for that job and he knows it . The fact that his job is on the line . Is why I know for fact where gonna get some Sam early. I know Bowles isn’t gonna get fired and not give his new potential job saver a shot.. 

I really am disappointed that when we finally have a franchise Qb the CBA limits his practice time to 30% of what it used to be. He needs to pull a Sanchez and fly Anderson, Pryor, Enunwa and Kearse to So. Cal for workouts. Get their timing and relationships worked out. Have McCown meet them as well for mentoring 

35 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I really am disappointed that when we finally have a franchise Qb the CBA limits his practice time to 30% of what it used to be. He needs to pull a Sanchez and fly Anderson, Pryor, Enunwa and Kearse to So. Cal for workouts. Get their timing and relationships worked out. Have McCown meet them as well for mentoring 

Hold your horses Hoss! You can't force this. You give the kid opportunities, and it's his job to make the most of them.

Archived