Bowles is fired up!

Maxman

28 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Hold your horses Hoss! You can't force this. You give the kid opportunities, and it's his job to make the most of them.

Agreed. He strikes me as the type who WILL  take advantage of the opportunity. Pissed he wasn’t taken #1...... sees the talent he is competing against, does anyone scare him? And finally, he’s come out of a pro system.... that’s a big plus.

If he is ready and can handle the pressure, take the reigns off week 4 vs. dolphins. Developing our young Qb for Playoffs 2019 is the goal. 

Edit: After giving a little more thought to this, the ideal scenario would be Bridgewater wins the job outright to start the season, puts up big numbers and leads the team to a WC berth. We then trade him for a #1 or #2 and give Darnold the team next year.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha that’s great Todd keep up the good work*

*Personnel God and Future Jets GM Brian Heimerdinger has a baby monitor aimed at Sam Darnold 24/7 and that stream is broadcast directly onto the iPad of one Jim Harbaugh, who watches it out of the corner of his eye as detestable Michigan alums sit across from him loudly complaining about why their 5’10” pasty-white receiver sons who got roster spots as a quid pro quo for a $5 mil donation to the “library fund” isn’t getting the chance to compete for the Heisman. 

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I wrote on draft night that Bowles was obviously all in on Darnold. He was obviously super excited about him. Imagine things from his perspective. He's been staring at McCown, Petty, Hack, and Fitz since 2015. It must delightful for him to just watch Darnold throw the ball around. 

Don't forget the Glass Jaw fellow he started with....

Just now, T0mShane said:

*Personnel God and Future Jets GM Brian Heimerdinger has a baby monitor aimed at Sam Darnold 24/7 and that stream is broadcast directly onto the iPad of one Jim Harbaugh, who watches it out of the corner of his eye as detestable Michigan alums sit across from him loudly complaining about why their 5’10” pasty-white receiver sons who got roster spots as a quid pro quo for a $5 mil donation to the “library fund” isn’t getting the chance to compete for the Heisman. 

Before you tout Harbaugh, you really need to watch some of his work at Michigan, and even watch the Prime program following the team this year.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Before you tout Harbaugh, you really need to watch some of his work at Michigan, and even watch the Prime program following the team this year.

I’ll take James Franklin too. Send Ding-lord his iMovie password 

32 minutes ago, GATA said:

I came in here for “is fired,” then, I saw “up.” Now I’m leaving and his joke wasn’t that funny. 

You freaking stole my line.   I knew i should have posted last night!!!!

I was going to say I will be happy when Max can make the same thread title without the word up.

Bowles is still and AWFUL coach who the gm panders to.  We're going nowhere with him at the helm.

Just now, Beerfish said:

You freaking stole my line.   I knew i should have posted last night!!!!

I was going to say I will be happy when Max can make the same thread title without the word up.

Bowles is still and AWFUL coach who the gm panders to.  We're going nowhere with him at the helm.

Let’s hope his clock management gets him fired or somehow he gets better :-?

4 minutes ago, GATA said:

Let’s hope his clock management gets him fired or somehow he gets better :-?

Can you imagine having our new franchise qb in the lineup last year being down by 13 points to a team that lost 9 in a row (Denver).  Having the ball at our 50 yard line with 50 seconds left and 3 time outs and having bowles tell the guy to lay on the ball and give up?

That game cemented my opinion of todd bowles as a coach.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Can you imagine having our new franchise qb in the lineup last year being down by 13 points to a team that lost 9 in a row (Denver).  Having the ball at our 50 yard line with 50 seconds left and 3 time outs and having bowles tell the guy to lay on the ball and give up?

That game cemented my opinion of todd bowles as a coach.

He’s a Defensive Coach first he has to learn to strategize or gtfo

28 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agreed. He strikes me as the type who WILL  take advantage of the opportunity. Pissed he wasn’t taken #1...... sees the talent he is competing against, does anyone scare him? And finally, he’s come out of a pro system.... that’s a big plus.

If he is ready and can handle the pressure, take the reigns off week 4 vs. dolphins. Developing our young Qb for Playoffs 2019 is the goal. 

Edit: After giving a little more thought to this, the ideal scenario would be Bridgewater wins the job outright to start the season, puts up big numbers and leads the team to a WC berth. We then trade him for a #1 or #2 and give Darnold the team next year.

Bridgewater is on a 1 year contract.  He'll be a FA next year.  He can be traded during the summer or fall, but if he plays the season he'll earn in the area of $15,000,000 and be a FA

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Bridgewater is on a 1 year contract.  He'll be a FA next year.  He can be traded during the summer or fall, but if he plays the season he'll earn in the area of $15,000,000 and be a FA

If it brings us a #1 or high #2 pick to get an LT or edge rusher $15 mil is nothing. It means he played well enough to earn all those incentives!

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jim Harbaugh-you can spend your days running to air terminal gates recruiting bored teeth-sucking 18 year olds in Butt****, Arkansas and Intercourse, Pennsylvania, most of whom will disappoint you either by going the some other school or making a mess in Ann Arbor. Or trying to make forced small talk with some well-heeled alumni several times every week.

Or take this job after the season and have the shiniest of toys in the biggest market along with a pile of dinero and a Gruden/Bellicheat type setup. What's it gonna be, Jim? 

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Opens up , as in opens up the offense. No more 3 yards and a cloud of dust football mentality. We now have the heir apparent at QB , let's see when he plays and how Bowles uses him. 

A guy who punts down 2 scores late in the 4th quarter of any NFL game doesn't change that much. 

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Bridgewater is here in hopes he shows enough in camp that some team with QB issues trades for him either before opening day or before the trade deadline. It's a mutually beneficial situation. No reason they cannot carry 3 QBs on the roster and Hack on the PS. 

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Jim Harbaugh-you can spend your days running to air terminal gates recruiting bored teeth-sucking 18 year olds in Butt****, Arkansas and Intercourse, Pennsylvania, most of whom will disappoint you either by going the some other school or making a mess in Ann Arbor. Or trying to make forced small talk with some well-heeled alumni several times every week.

Or take this job after the season and have the shiniest of toys in the biggest market along with a pile of dinero and a Gruden/Bellicheat type setup. What's it gonna be, Jim? 

I’d imagine Harbaugh has had just about enough of 19 year-old journalism majors reminding him he hasn’t beaten Ohio State every morning. 

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

If it brings us a #1 or high #2 pick to get an LT or edge rusher $15 mil is nothing. It means he played well enough to earn all those incentives!

If he plays through the season he won't bring anything.  He'll be a FA.  As @Bugg said he must be traded before the trade deadline.  

I like to paint pictures on my brain...

Todd Bowles is standing on the practice field, watching intently as the defensive tryouts give it their all. A small, vacant smile on his face, as he basks in the warm sunshine. He doesn't notice the large figure approaching from the west. "Best guy starts, right?", the young man asks. The coach, caught off guard, turns to look, but the young man is already walking away. There's a tingle in the coaches heart, and a stirring in the old man's soul. "That's my quarterback", he thinks to himself, as the smile turns to a grin.

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

If he plays through the season he won't bring anything.  He'll be a FA.  As @Bugg said he must be traded before the trade deadline.  

You may be aware of this...... if Teddy plays lights out, you can tag him?This has been done before. He does not need to be traded before the end of the season. Would it be best? Yes! Is it paramount? No. If teams are offering pennies on the $ hold him through the off season. Let Teddy and Darnold figh it out for starter next year.

Wentz/ Foles

24 minutes ago, SnackExchange said:

I think the Bridgewater signing, could be the best free agent move of this off season. Heck, it might just be the best free agent pickup of Mac's tenure.

There is a good chance he is cut though. Unless he is 100% healthy 

1 hour ago, SnackExchange said:

I like to paint pictures on my brain...

Todd Bowles is standing on the practice field, watching intently as the defensive tryouts give it their all. A small, vacant smile on his face, as he basks in the warm sunshine. He doesn't notice the large figure approaching from the west. "Best guy starts, right?", the young man asks. The coach, caught off guard, turns to look, but the young man is already walking away. There's a tingle in the coaches heart, and a stirring in the old man's soul. "That's my quarterback", he thinks to himself, as the smile turns to a grin.

Does he see a #5 on the back of that player walking away ?

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

You may be aware of this...... if Teddy plays lights out, you can tag him?This has been done before. He does not need to be traded before the end of the season. Would it be best? Yes! Is it paramount? No. If teams are offering pennies on the $ hold him through the off season. Let Teddy and Darnold figh it out for starter next year.

Wentz/ Foles

They are not gonna pay Teddy Bridgewater tag QB money in 2019. 

23 minutes ago, Bugg said:

They are not gonna pay Teddy Bridgewater tag QB money in 2019. 

So you’re telling me that if Teddy lights it up, the Jets will let him walk for a compensatory pick? Hells No. You tag him and either trade him  from a position of strength or Worse case, Darnold and Teddy battle in camp. If Sam can’t beat him out he sits until he can. Every team needs a good backup

I know someone who grew up with Todd, played football with him in Elizabeth, and still does talk to him from time to time. One thing I think is apparent is the Todd Bowles everyone thinks they know is not close to the Todd Bowles with the players and people close to him. Todd is intense as hell and incredibly smart. He can be incredibly disciplined and does not put up with bullsh*t, but also knows how to get along easy with many personalities. His media personality is nothing like his locker room personality, and he doesn’t do it trying to emulate others like Belicheck. He just doesn’t give up his guard to people he doesn’t trust.

I think personally he can be far too conservative as a coach in games, but I do think he coaches players well and has their buy in. I think people criticize his unwillingness to play young QB’s but after seeing how bad Petty is I realize he was right. That guy has no business on an NFL field and I’ll take Todd’s word that Hack doesn’t either. Todd had had no problems playing rookies elsewhere so it stands to reason he’d play a young QB if the QB we’re good. I think we’ll see that with Darnold. As for him not deliberately tanking, thank god we don’t have a coach that would tank on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived