Jets Were Unaware of Hackenberg’s Off-Season Plans

JetNation

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Tropic Thunder is one of the great comedies of all time, up there with Airplane and Tootsie.

“What kind of farmer are you?”

“I’m a lead farmer, mother****er” ?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Todd Bowles, now he's up in the big leagues, gettin' his turn at bat.   

Again, we have NFL head coach in 2018 who by design has nothing to do with the offense, other talking to Manish Mehta how he has some undefined but very important top secret role in the offense.

Bowles' entire outlook is as when he was a player with the Skins, his defense is going to shut down Phil Simms, Randall Cunningham and Danny White and then John Riggins will come in and run for 152 yards and 2 TDs in a 17-13 win.

When it comes to strategy, he's less than worthless.

With arguably 3 guys who were all high draft picks on the DL for several seasons, the Jets' defense has never generated any kind of pass rush. 

Bates is being given the whole offense spare decisions like who starts and punt  or go for it. Doesn't even appear the offensive coaches bounce ideas off him about what may or may not work. 

Good news some serious coaches are going to be wanting this job, be they in house like Bates or some outsider. Kinda sucks though we are about to waste another season with Bowles. 

Doesn’t really matter that another season goes down the drain with Bowles. This roster is so mediocre it’s nowhere near capable of competing. And Darnold more than likely sits behind ‘Josh gives us the best chance to win McClown’ for the year. So let it fade out for 2018 and come back in 2019 with Mac’s head coach, tons of free agent cash, a few top draft picks and Darnold ready to roll.

32 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Yes Elf!!!!   Also some of my favorites; Kingpin, Superbad, The Interview, Dinner for Schmucks, Animal House, Annie Hall and The Jerk. 

Of course there is the ultimate comedy of all time, ‘Young Frankenstein’. 

3 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Jets draft huge development project at QB, do nothing to develop him. And we wonder why we are perennial losers?

What makes you say they've done nothing to develop him?  My understanding is they worked hard in develping him - but he's simply not an NFL caliber player.  It happens.

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

"and Tootsie"

I’ve waited half a century for someone to adequately answer the question, “Why did someone once decide Dustin Hoffman should be famous?" 

He was good in Kramer vs Kramer. 

5 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Tropic Thunder is a classic along with Dumb and Dumber, Me Myself and Irene, Tommy Boy, Caddyshack, Stipes, Dodgeball and many other great movies that control my mental state.

In the 30s and 40s they used to make what they called "Screwball Comedies."  Nowadays they produce what I call "Dumbass Comedies."

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Again, we have NFL head coach in 2018 who by design has nothing to do with the offense, other talking to Manish Mehta how he has some undefined but very important top secret role in the offense.

Bowles' entire outlook is as when he was a player with the Skins, his defense is going to shut down Phil Simms, Randall Cunningham and Danny White and then John Riggins will come in and run for 152 yards and 2 TDs in a 17-13 win.

With arguably 3 guys who were all high draft picks on the DL for several seasons, the Jets' defense has never generated any kind of pass rush. 

Bates is being given the whole offense spare decisions like who starts and punt  or go for it. Doesn't even appear the offensive coaches bounce ideas off him about what may or may not work. 

Good news some serious coaches are going to be wanting this job, be they in house like Bates or some outsider. Kinda sucks though we are about to waste another season with Bowles. 

This is counterintuitive to the thoughts of some here that John Morton was fired because Bowles felt that the offense was too "pass oriented" and that he disagreed with play calling in some games.

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Todd Bowles admittedly told the world he fired Morton because he called too many pass plays. When in reality we were middle of pack in pass attempts. What does that tell every D cord in the league ? Todd Bowles is going to run the ball 90% of the time on 1st down, 80% on 2nd. But will pass on 3rd and long when he has to. When the D knows pass is coming, when the qb has a cold arm.

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Todd Bowles admittedly told the world he fired Morton because he called too many pass plays. When in reality we were middle of pack in pass attempts. What does that tell every D cord in the league ? Todd Bowles is going to run the ball 90% of the time on 1st down, 80% on 2nd. But will pass on 3rd and long when he has to. When the D knows pass is coming, when the qb has a cold arm.

With Sam D as his QB, he's going to get fired playing that sh*t in a passing league.

5 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

With Sam D as his QB, he's going to get fired playing that sh*t in a passing league.

Bowles may be lone gone before Sam gets to play. Maybe then we will have a gm/hc Who will get an Oline that will protect our best chip.

9 hours ago, JetNation said:

IMG_1171-1.jpg

In a somewhat surprising revelation at Jets rookie camp yesterday, head coach Todd Bowles was asked about quarterback Christian Hackenberg’s off-season program that would consist of trying to re-build his throwing motion, a plan that many would assume the team played a role in, or was at least aware of.  Turns out, that wasn’t the case at all.

According to northjersey.com, Bowles had this to say when asked about topic of his former second-round signal caller:

“He hasn’t talked to me about it,” Bowles said Saturday “He’s just worked on it and I learned about it after the fact.”

The fact that Hackenberg has looked nothing like a professional quarterback with the Jets means that any effort to make changes to his game should be viewed as a positive, but doing so without first consulting the team is a bit surprising.

The sliver lining here is that the work Hackenberg has been doing has been with highly thought of QB guru Jeff Christensen, who has been credited with the development of Jimmy Garoppolo, whom he first started working with back in 2007.

Hackenberg may not have let the Jets know what his off-season plans were, but if he shows up as the same guy who wasn’t good enough to get on the field last season, the Jets may free up his schedule to work indefinitely on his flawed mechanics as they’ll likely look to move on.

The post Jets Were Unaware of Hackenberg’s Off-Season Plans appeared first on NY Jets News.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

bh_4a1VdtS0

Click here to read the full story...

uh, isn't there something in the cba about teams and their players in the off season?  something about teams needing to be hands off?  i suspect the jets knew but had to say they didn't explicitly know.

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I was watching Tropic Thunder yesterday and I got to the part where the Vietnamese kid is yelling at Ben Stiller, “you do Simple Jack now!” and Ben Stiller is all confused because everyone knows that “Simple Jack” is awful except for this Vietnamese paramilitary drug cartel whose only exposure to Western cinema is a DVD copy of Simple Jack. And I thought, you know, this is how Bowles is with quarterbacks. 

Im preeeety sure it was a VHS copy of Simple Jack.

Archived