Who Would You Add To This Team

New York Mick

Out of anyone currently in the NFL who would you add to help build the Jets future. HC, OC, QBC, player etc.

A vet QB to help Darnold, an edge rusher, OL, TE, WR etc. 

BSing with other team’s fans most said a different  coach. One said Kelce so Darnold had a dependable target. He 28 so he’ll have a few more years another said Hunt or Gurlley. 

EDIT: only 1 person 

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Tyler eifert. A young qb loves a tight end and when healthy eifert is a beast. He is also still young enough that they can grow togeather

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

he'd do wonders from the sideline... I get what your saying, when healthy he is great, but that is his problem

15 minutes ago, freestater said:

Myles Garrett. I'm assuming this is just fantasy wishlist sort of thing, not who will actually be an FA this year. My choice would be Garrett, or Everson Griffin.

Good thread idea, btw?

from what i saw, garrett just overpowers and blows by olinemen at will.  he is going to be a force.  much better than super mario or clowney.

32 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Out of anyone currently in the NFL who would you add to help build the Jets future. HC, OC, QBC, player etc.

BSing with other team’s fans most said a different  coach. One said Kelce so Darnold had a dependable target. He 28 so he’ll have a few more years another said Hunt or Gurlley. 

Very tough decision, my top 4 choices would probably be HC/OC Kyle Shannahan, RB anyone of the 3 Gurley/Bell/D Johnson, WR Antonio Brown, but gun to my head I’ll take LT Tyron Smith.

29 minutes ago, freestater said:

Myles Garrett. I'm assuming this is just fantasy wishlist sort of thing, not who will actually be an FA this year. My choice would be Garrett, or Everson Griffin.

Good thread idea, btw?

If I’m going edge I’m probably going Bosa.

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I'm gonna go with some non all star names for offense...

Either Kyle Shannahan or Sean McVay at HC

Kamara at RB

Ertz at TE

Michael Thomas at WR

Ummm those guys are all stars.

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I'm gonna go with some non all star names for offense...

Either Kyle Shannahan or Sean McVay at HC

Kamara at RB

Ertz at TE

Michael Thomas at WR

This would actually be 20x better than just one or two all stars 

if if they weren’t all stars lol

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Ummm those guys are all stars.

hey hey hey.....i meant like, not Bell and Julio Jones that usually come to mind lol.

Edit: Aright fine, switch out Thomas for Robert Woods. I like that guy. 

31 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Is this supposed to be a fantasy thing where we just add All Pro players from other teams free of cost?

Obviously the move should be to add stud offensive lineman to protect Darnold and offensive playmakers to help him develop. Everything else is secondary.

No just one person

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

No just one personal 

I would want to add a stud left tackle -- maybe Taylor Lewan. A young blindside blocker for Darnold who also gives the offense some nastiness and edge... Although it would be hard to pass up on a really good WR or edge rusher.

55 minutes ago, rangerous said:

from what i saw, garrett just overpowers and blows by olinemen at will.  he is going to be a force.  much better than super mario or clowney.

Clowney is so over rated.  His next 10 sack season will be his first.  

Just now, chirorob said:

Clowney is so over rated.  His next 10 sack season will be his first.  

Agreed he really is more interior then edge also.  IMO the top premier young edge rushing stud begins, and ends with Bosa.

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

EDIT: only 1 person 

a1rlnmT.png

:beer:

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Nothing is more important to me than protecting our brand new shiny QB.  Give me the best young LT in the league.  Taylor Lewan.

Honorable mention to Bosa.

SO why give a man a fish for a day rather than Teach him to Fish for a lifetime?

Why Pay a PREMIUM for just ONE O-Line (usually LT) when you can get ONE OF THE BEST OLine coaches of all time and watch him consistently yield  QUALITY OLines out of inexpensive 4-7th rounder fatties to protect a HOF QB. 

Scarnecchia is more valuable than ANY current ALL Pro lineman in the NFL. :D

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

SO why give a man a fish for a day rather than Teach him to Fish for a lifetime?

Why Pay a PREMIUM for just ONE O-Line (usually LT) when you can get ONE OF THE BEST OLine coaches of all time and watch him consistently yield  QUALITY OLines out of inexpensive 4-7th rounder fatties to protect a HOF QB. 

Scarnecchia is more valuable than ANY current ALL Pro lineman in the NFL. :D

Fair enough.  I was strictly thinking in the context of a player.

3 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Please don’t shoot me: 

Tom Brady

Bill Belicheck

Lawrence Taylor

LT isn’t in the NFL anymore unless he’s a coach that I haven’t heard about and you’d take a 40 year old QB to help the Jets future? I’m guessing as a mentor  

Archived