Who Would You Add To This Team

New York Mick

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Fair enough.  I was strictly thinking in the context of a player.

I think most people naively restrict the OP's question to players. 

Hell, I'd rather have COMPETENT PROVEN SAV-EREN Pro Coaches who KNOW how to mold players in to NFL Super Bowl CHAMPIONS!!!

Pretty much Coaches who have the Power of GreySkull affect on their players:

himen.gif

Parcells was the BEST example of turds turned into triumph.

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Tyler eifert. A young qb loves a tight end and when healthy eifert is a beast. He is also still young enough that they can grow togeather

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

The team obviously disagrees.  Eifert only got $5.5M for one.  He could have been had this offseason.  Cheap. He'd have been a good choice, but you have to be active to help. 

The team obviously disagrees.  Eifert only got $5.5M for one.  He could have been had this offseason.  Cheap. He'd have been a good choice, but you have to be active to help. 
To be fair eifert might have wanted to stay with the bengals plus he might not have had many offers with his injury history

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

45 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Please don’t shoot me: 

Tom Brady

Bill Belicheck

Lawrence Taylor

Pills R Good!

I wouldn't even add Brady and Belicheat to the janitorial staff to clean the f*cking stadium toilets after a game.

Shame on you.

55 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

LT isn’t in the NFL anymore unless he’s a coach that I haven’t heard about and you’d take a 40 year old QB to help the Jets future? I’m guessing as a mentor  

Plus the fact we already have a QB mentor in McCown. I'd take him over Cindy any day.

11 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Is there a list of available players anywhere. I made a half ass attempt but couldn't find it.

Anybody coach or player currently in the NFL they don’t have to be available just the one coach/player you think will help the Jets become a championship team. 

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Anybody coach or player currently in the NFL they don’t have to be available just the one coach/player you think will help the Jets become a championship team. 

I mean, Rodgers and McCarthy. Maybe Brees and Payton. It's an odd time in the NFL. The elite franchise Qbs are getting old and there hasn't been a new crop to really emerge yet. The Luck situation in Indy is a tragedy.  Both the injury and sh*t team, coaching they've had around him since the start.

20 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I mean, Rodgers and McCarthy. Maybe Brees and Payton. It's an odd time in the NFL. The elite franchise Qbs are getting old and there hasn't been a new crop to really emerge yet. The Luck situation in Indy is a tragedy.  Both the injury and sh*t team, coaching they've had around him since the start.

I went to look at the QBs teams have and the whole AFC is kind of up in the air.

Bills - Allen  Dolphins - Tannehill  Pats - Brady  Jets - Darnold

Ravens - Flacco/Jackson  Steelers - Ben/Rudolph  Browns - Taylor/Mayfield  Bengals - Dalton

Jags - Bortles  Titans - Mariota  Texans - Watson  Colts - Luck?

Broncos - Keenum  Raiders - Carr  Chiefs - Mahommes  Chargers - Rivers

Once Brady, Ben, Flacco(eh), and Rivers are done....it evens out pretty much, with a bunch of unknowns and guys who are OK enough to win if there's a good group around them. 

Kinda shows if Darnold can be something good....Jets can really position themselves nicely within the AFC for a while.

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I went to look at the QBs teams have and the whole AFC is kind of up in the air.

Bills - Allen  Dolphins - Tannehill  Pats - Brady  Jets - Darnold

Ravens - Flacco/Jackson  Steelers - Ben/Rudolph  Browns - Taylor/Mayfield  Bengals - Dalton

Jags - Bortles  Titans - Mariota  Texans - Watson  Colts - Luck?

Broncos - Keenum  Raiders - Carr  Chiefs - Mahommes  Chargers - Rivers

Once Brady, Ben, Flacco(eh), and Rivers are done....it evens out pretty much, with a bunch of unknowns and guys who are OK enough to win if there's a good group around them. 

Kinda shows if Darnold can be something good....Jets can really position themselves nicely within the AFC for a while.

Jets vs Chiefs in the AFCCG almost every year starting in 2020 through 2035!

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

If it is just to help Darnold, I'm surprised nobody has said Julio. Otherwise, maybe Taylor Lewan, Trent Williams, or Tyron Smith.  Joe Staley and Joe Thomas are getting a little old

Tyron Smith was my gun to my head pick.

You guys are all crazy.  If I can add any one player to the Jets from any team ... it's Aaron Rodgers.  I mean, I love the whole "help Darnold grow" thing ... but ARod is what we hope Darnold will be 10 years down the line, and he would immediately make us a superbowl contender for the next 5 years.

No contest.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Nothing is more important to me than protecting our brand new shiny QB.  Give me the best young LT in the league.  Taylor Lewan.

Honorable mention to Bosa.

I hope that is the very new 360 change in thinking of Mac/Bowles. We did have to spend 4 very high picks to get him, not to mention the hack throw away 2nd round pick. My worry is Bowles will be pushing Mac to put most of resources back in his D now that we got our qb finally. 

Archived