Get Well Soon Tailgate Joe

Maxman

Hey guys, thanks for all the well wishes. I did it the hard way with chemo and radiation 22 years ago this August, this time around surgery is all it took. It’s a week and a half post surgery and I’m well on the way to being 100% back. I should be all good by the end of Memorial Day weekend, just in time for summer and with plenty of time to get ready for the season!

im super excited for this season, and we are going to be bigger and better than ever, holkefully the Jets will be on the rise as well. Hope to see you all in the lot joining us!

9 minutes ago, joebabyny said:

Hey guys, thanks for all the well wishes. I did it the hard way with chemo and radiation 22 years ago this August, this time around surgery is all it took. It’s a week and a half post surgery and I’m well on the way to being 100% back. I should be all good by the end of Memorial Day weekend, just in time for summer and with plenty of time to get ready for the season!

im super excited for this season, and we are going to be bigger and better than ever, holkefully the Jets will be on the rise as well. Hope to see you all in the lot joining us!

Read the post, appreciate how you will turn this into a positive raising awareness and funds.  Best of luck.  Glad you're well and hope this is the last time.

17 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I don't even really know Joe outside the message board and some killer grilling ideas I've tried and failed to implement efficiently. The grilling alone makes you superior to me. Plus you provide some of these animals with food and beverage every year, that alone should be a pass to the front of St Peters gate, long way away from that though. Hope you stay in the clear?

Yeah, we maybe just got the first true franchise qb of my Jets fandom life, I don’t plan on leaving for those gates for a while, lol!!!

Great to hear you're doing well, and it's awesome you don't have to go through chemo. I've been there and I know the feeling. Chemo sucks; it took me months to recover and get back to feeling somewhat normal. 

Best wishes to you; get back in front of that grill and work your magic. ?

4 hours ago, Bombdirt said:

Great to hear you're doing well, and it's awesome you don't have to go through chemo. I've been there and I know the feeling. Chemo sucks; it took me months to recover and get back to feeling somewhat normal. 

Best wishes to you; get back in front of that grill and work your magic. ?

Yeah, did chemo/radiation years ago in '95-96 my freshman college year on a 1 year bid with hodgkins lymphoma, def not fun. Trying to explain to the bouncers at Limelight and Paladium that the pill bottles in my pockets were chemo and not ecstasy was a total pain in the ass, but a young guy has to do what he has to do.

Glas it all worked for you. It was a life changing experience for the better for me, I'm sure it had a profound effect on you as well.

Joe, as a fellow cancer survivor I wish you a speedy recovery and a return to normalcy. As we all know ,normal takes on different meanings for cancer patients/survivors doubly so if they are Jets fans like us. Keep up the positive vibe and mindset , it goes a long way in aiding our recovery .

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, thanks for all the support! I am doing great. Surgery was at the beginning of May. There was soreness for a few weeks, but now it just feels like a little tightness in the chest, like wearing a heart rate monitor band. No big deal really. I’ll be back in the lot this season doing my thing, nothing gonna stop me!

Archived