remember it like it was yesterday...

k-met57

When we started the comeback I was convinced it was because of the way I was sitting in my living room chair.  I was the lucky charm.

And even though I needed to go to the bathroom very badly and my muscles were beginning to atrophy I didn't move at all.  For 120 minutes.  My best memory of that game was getting out of that chair LOL.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

When we started the comeback I was convinced it was because of the way I was sitting in my living room chair.  I was the lucky charm.

And even though I needed to go to the bathroom very badly and my muscles were beginning to atrophy I didn't move at all.  For 120 minutes.  My best memory of that game was getting out of that chair LOL.

SAR I

interesting you say that because i spent most of that game on the toilet bowl afraid to move in case i was the lucky charm...talk about legs falling asleep... ?

27 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

btw one of the first things that jump out when watching this is how bad Dennis Miller is...terrible.

He was a failed experiment.   Awful.   I've never found him that funny.   He was really good at doing the news for SNL, but that was it.

I actually had a dinner date and missed the first half.  Buddy of mine who was a Dolphins fan called a left a drunken message on my answering machine about how the Dolphags were kicking the Jets ass. Then the comeback.

The next day at work, my buddy was avoiding me the whole day.  I then called his work number.... 

"J"

"E"

"T"

"S"

"JETS!JETS!JETS!

For some reason, I have no memory of this game.  None.  I can remember watching insignificant games in the 1970s, but this game from 2000 -- greatest comeback in the history of the franchise.  Nothing.

I know all about what happened, but I do not remember watching it.  If I turned it off assuming we lost, i have no memory waking up the next morning and learning about the comeback.  I know I would not have missed a Jet Monday night game, so I must have at least watched part of it, but i have no idea what I saw and what I missed.  I even looked up the schedule of the World Series thinking maybe I missed it to watch the Mets v Yankees, but Monday was an off day in the Series. 

Just now, Lith said:

For some reason, I have no memory of this game.  None.  I can remember watching insignificant games in the 1970s, but this game from 2000 -- greatest comeback in the history of the franchise.  Nothing.

I know all about what happened, but I do not remember watching it.  If I turned it off assuming we lost, i have no memory waking up the next morning and learning about the comeback.  I know I would not have missed a Jet Monday night game, so I must have at least watched part of it, but i have no idea what I saw and what I missed.  I even looked up the schedule of the World Series thinking maybe I missed it to watch the Mets v Yankees, but Monday was an off day in the Series. 

thats pretty weird...

Remember the stadium was empty for most of the 2nd half, was there with my college roommate (dolphins fan).  Sitting right in 123 for the tackle eligible.  Negative side of this game was that they were hung over and lost a close game they should of won in Buffalo the following week.  

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Wern't you at the home game?  I was one of the ones that left about 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter.  55 minutes later arrived at home and the game was still on.  

14 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Remember the stadium was empty for most of the 2nd half, was there with my college roommate (dolphins fan).  Sitting right in 123 for the tackle eligible.  Negative side of this game was that they were hung over and lost a close game they should of won in Buffalo the following week.  

Section 123.  My old section.  Row 24. Sat in that section for 20+ years

6 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Row 16 from 1991 to 2007, split seats with someone in 117 for 2008-09, now I’m in the nosebleeds

Do you remember the older dude ("Big Daddy", I think) with the megaphone who sat in the lower rows?  123 was a very cool section even though the site lines beyond the 50 were pretty bad.  Also at one game Klecko was sitting in row 30 something for the whole game... must have signed hundreds of autographs that day.. was really kind about being pestered for almost the entire game. 

I remember when Testaverde's helmet crossed the goal line at the end of the Seattle game all the way at the other end of the field and we left the stadium thinking that he really scored a TD.. only to hear on the radio he didn't (the missed call that led to replay being installed the next year).  It was at that point I was determined to get out of the endzone once and for all and move to some part of the stadium where I could actually watch the entire game, including endzone plays on both ends of the field.  

38 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Wern't you at the home game?  I was one of the ones that left about 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter.  55 minutes later arrived at home and the game was still on.  

Living in New Hampshire at the time with a 2 year old and a pregnant wife and a night game on a worknight, wasn't under consideration.

I got my season tickets the very next season, 2000 was the last season I wasn't a season ticket holder.

SAR I

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Living in New Hampshire at the time with a 2 year old and a pregnant wife and a night game on a worknight, wasn't under consideration.

I got my season tickets the very next season, 2000 was the last season I wasn't a season ticket holder.

SAR I

right!  I forgot you lived in New Hampshire back then.  Long time ago!

I remember this game. My whole family was asleep. This game went on until 1am I believe. And I had school the next morning. My uncle came out twice and asked me to shut it down. Told him no. It was truly a Monday Night miracle. I just wish we had made the playoffs for the game to be meaningful. We started 6-1. 

So much to remember from that bizarre night. I took my dad to the game.  I had just started a new job so it was a PITA to get to the stadium in time. I had also blown my ACL the day before (didn't know it yet) and my seats were 3 rows from the top  in Giants stadium. Needless to say I was miserable by the time I sat down. Left early in the 3rd quarter (more miserable due to score) and actually got back home to CT in time to watch the end of the 4th qtr and overtime.

One of those nights you never forget.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Do you remember the older dude ("Big Daddy", I think) with the megaphone who sat in the lower rows?  123 was a very cool section even though the site lines beyond the 50 were pretty bad.  Also at one game Klecko was sitting in row 30 something for the whole game... must have signed hundreds of autographs that day.. was really kind about being pestered for almost the entire game. 

I remember when Testaverde's helmet crossed the goal line at the end of the Seattle game all the way at the other end of the field and we left the stadium thinking that he really scored a TD.. only to hear on the radio he didn't (the missed call that led to replay being installed the next year).  It was at that point I was determined to get out of the endzone once and for all and move to some part of the stadium where I could actually watch the entire game, including endzone plays on both ends of the field.  

Yes there was also that dude with the weird voodoo doll thing

I was living next door to patriots fans. The next morning as I was getting in my car, the neighbor was leaving with his little boy. I looked over at them with a huge smile on my face. The little boy looked up at his dad and said "But Daddy, how did the Jets win?" He looked at me, looked back down at his son, and just shook his head.

Priceless

13 hours ago, Lith said:

Drugs are a terrible thing, JUST SAY NO !   lol

Obviously one of the greatest games in Jets history, one of the greatest games I have ever seen live BUT when I think back to that game all I think of is the 2000 season and how they choked away a sure playoff spot so this game wouldn't be as high on my list as others that contributed to playoff seasons.

I have never seen a turnaround in a game like this before.  They were just dominated for 3 qtrs, I don't know what the stats were but I'd love to see it. Miami dominated us in all phases but we owned Miami in those days and once some good things started happening mentally soft leaders like Jason Taylor allowed us to come back. they were spooked by the Jets in those days, we beat them 8 straight.

One other thing, a year later at home we had another great comeback against them.  It wasn't 30-7 in the 4th but this comeback gets lost /c of the Mon Night Miracle.  We trailed 17-0 at the half and won 21-17 which was sealed by an INt in the EZ in the final minute or so.

I can remember watching everyone leave the stadium only to watch the same people come rushing back in an hour later. I've never seen that happen before or since. A stadium all but empty ended up almost full again in overtime. 

Crazy night.  And that's all we get. Groh was gone a few weeks later and we didn't even make the playoffs after starting 5-0 I believe. I hate the Jets!  lol

I enjoyed watching this game again. Thanks for posting! 

On 5/9/2018 at 9:20 AM, SAR I said:

SAR I

my best memory was seeing jason taylor all smiley when they were running up the score and then looking like he just lost his dog at the end.  and groh wasn't afraid to bench vinny for a series when he wasn't doing so well.

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I can remember watching everyone leave the stadium only to watch the same people come rushing back in an hour later. I've never seen that happen before or since. A stadium all but empty ended up almost full again in overtime. 

Crazy night.  And that's all we get. Groh was gone a few weeks later and we didn't even make the playoffs after starting 5-0 I believe. I hate the Jets!  lol

I enjoyed watching this game again. Thanks for posting! 

groh couldn't get the team to play hard against detroit.  what was the score? 6-3?  ridiculous.

50 minutes ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

And for those of us watching on the other side of the Atlantic, it was our Heidi Game. 6am arrives, game's about to go into overtime, when Channel Five interrupt it with "We're awfully sorry, but we're afraid we have to leave this game, as it's time for the breakfast news show."

Man I would have been pissed.  

18 hours ago, rangerous said:

my best memory was seeing jason taylor all smiley when they were running up the score and then looking like he just lost his dog at the end.  and groh wasn't afraid to bench vinny for a series when he wasn't doing so well.

LMAO I DO remember that. D Bag Taylor at half time only to be crying at the end. That was one of the highlights for me.

On 5/9/2018 at 1:41 PM, HighPitch said:

I remember that game like yesterday too. One of the best EVER.

More of this to come with Darnold, our new franchise QB

.." More of this to come with Darnold, our new franchise QB "   ?‍❤️‍?‍?

yup !...

hqdefault.jpg

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

Archived