They've done everything but call him "Broadway Sam"

Dcronin

The insanity has to stop. The kid knows there are high expectations. He was picked #3. Stop calling him "the franchise savior." Stop saying he should definitely start day 1.

Stop doing all the things that guarantee failure here and everrywhere. Jesus, how stupid are people? He's had two or three days of practice, a bunch of fumbled snaps, some decent throws.

You know, like a rookie who has had two or three days of practice. Sam Darnold is absolutely nothing yet. Nothing at all. He's a glimmer of hope. Give him a chance to develop, and stop telling the media that we have Quarterback Jesus, savior of all, on our team. I haaaaaaaaaaate the hype. Surefire path to disappointment.

Excitement and hopefulness and buzz is great. But saying already he's a franchise savior is a symptom of Sanchez Syndrome.

DC

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

...and stop telling the media that we have Quarterback Jesus, savior of all, on our team...

I really do understand what you’re saying, and I tend to agree with you.

But, then I came across this family picture of a young Sam, playing in a pick up football game, and well, maybe he just has some “higher” connections helping him.

0D251C57-AC56-4DF9-B5C9-CC3AA48C0756.jpeg

WANNA KNOW THE TRUTH!?

This is how Sam Darnold fell to us in the draft..it wasn’t luck..it wasn’t destiny...it wasnt the Browns or Giants...we performed a satanic ritual with an outdated box of Reese Puffs and the tears of a thousand pathetic Jet Fans poured into the challis of the Gods..

the results will come to fruition soon enough as it will blanket my guilt in a comfortable manner. 

Ps. Rituals involve a lot of repetition, proper posture and deep breathing. Probably just a one time thing for me.

DE3D7D61-A4D3-44CB-BB80-06DF9481B0A5.jpeg

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

If calling him the franchise savior makes him fail, then he was never going to succeed in the first place. Get a grip.

True, but it feels ominous. All the wrong people counting super bowl titles already. It's hard to imagine the universe doing a 180 on their/our fortunes and the more they boast the more likely it feels like failure is coming. "The Sanchize" wasn't that long ago that the board should have collective amnesia as to how these things work out.

Groundhog day around here. 

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

WANNA KNOW THE TRUTH!?

This is how Sam Darnold fell to us in the draft..it wasn’t luck..it wasn’t destiny...it wasnt the Browns or Giants...we performed a satanic ritual with an outdated box of Reese Puffs and the tears of a thousand pathetic Jet Fans poured into the challis of the Gods..

the results will come to fruition soon enough as it will blanket my guilt in a comfortable manner. 

Ps. Rituals involve a lot of repetition, proper posture and deep breathing. Probably just a one time thing for me.

Yeah, I'm sure tears were the only body fluid involved in this ritual. Uh-huh. 

1 hour ago, Dcronin said:

The insanity has to stop. The kid knows there are high expectations. He was picked #3. Stop calling him "the franchise savior." Stop saying he should definitely start day 1.

Stop doing all the things that guarantee failure here and everrywhere. Jesus, how stupid are people? He's had two or three days of practice, a bunch of fumbled snaps, some decent throws.

You know, like a rookie who has had two or three days of practice. Sam Darnold is absolutely nothing yet. Nothing at all. He's a glimmer of hope. Give him a chance to develop, and stop telling the media that we have Quarterback Jesus, savior of all, on our team. I haaaaaaaaaaate the hype. Surefire path to disappointment.

Excitement and hopefulness and buzz is great. But saying already he's a franchise savior is a symptom of Sanchez Syndrome.

DC

There wasn't this much love for Sanchez or Geno or Hack and they all bombed. So what makes you think that this "hype" will be a negative for Darnold? 

From 2016 at USC 

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Board/29/Contents/Quick-Facts-About-Sam-Darnold-48987542

Sam Darnold can kill 2 stones with 1 bird.

When Sam Darnold turned 18, his parents moved out.

Sam Darnold can delete the Recycling Bin

Sam Darnold's calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2nd. Nobody fools Sam Darnold.

Sam Darnold knows Victoria's secret.

Sam can slam a revolving door.

When Sam does push-ups, he is actually pushing the world away.

If opportunity knocks and Sam Darnold isn't home, opportunity waits.

2_4942914.jpg

I can’t help myself

this feels different - for the first time in 40 years everything may Change

ill ride or die with this kid no matter what for the next 4 years.  I don’t care if he sits or starts, fumbles, throws picks, I will never boo him for 4 years - I promise you.

i can’t temper my excitement and I don’t want to.

hes the top QB in the draft and he went to the New York media market.  It’s gonna happen. I hope it doesn’t spoil him.  He can handle it. Sam can handle anything.

37 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

WANNA KNOW THE TRUTH!?

Yo!  Dude!  This is ******* creepy.

27 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

If calling him the franchise savior makes him fail, then he was never going to succeed in the first place. Get a grip.

What if you call him, Savior of the Franchise instead of Franchise Savior?  Success or still failure? 

1 hour ago, Dcronin said:

DC

Don't you mean Samsanity?

Nothing fans, media etc has any outcome on how darnold will play.  He is either going to be great, average or suck.  What we say as fans or what the media says plays no part.  We can say whatever we want.  It doesnt matter.

So fans, media etc, say whatever the hell you want!

1 hour ago, CTM said:

True, but it feels ominous. All the wrong people counting super bowl titles already. It's hard to imagine the universe doing a 180 on their/our fortunes and the more they boast the more likely it feels like failure is coming. "The Sanchize" wasn't that long ago that the board should have collective amnesia as to how these things work out.

Groundhog day around here. 

Assuming that everything the Jets do will end in humiliating disaster is always the safest bet, but Sanchez was bad because he was bad, not because of a doofy nickname; if Darnold is bad, it’ll be because he’s bad, not because a bunch of mooks crowned his ass a week after the draft.

2 hours ago, Dcronin said:

DC

+10000000000000000

??????

The Jets just landed a legit, bluechip QB prospect for the first time since 1965.

How can you blame the fans and the people who cover the team for being over the moon about it?

I, for one, have already booked my 2042 ticket to Canton for when Darnold is inducted. And if I’ve keeled over by that time, then the kids can put it to good use.

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

#1 reason for Qbs failing at the pro level:

Fan's expectations

sure fire way to have Sam fail? ooooookaaaaaaayyyyyyy.....

This plus...

Not lousy coaching, but fans expectations, kwhatever

1 hour ago, Larz said:

From 2016 at USC 

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Board/29/Contents/Quick-Facts-About-Sam-Darnold-48987542

Sam Darnold can kill 2 stones with 1 bird.

When Sam Darnold turned 18, his parents moved out.

Sam Darnold can delete the Recycling Bin

Sam Darnold's calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2nd. Nobody fools Sam Darnold.

Sam Darnold knows Victoria's secret.

Sam can slam a revolving door.

When Sam does push-ups, he is actually pushing the world away.

If opportunity knocks and Sam Darnold isn't home, opportunity waits.

2_4942914.jpg

Wow!!

It just keeps getting better. I can’t believe we drafted the most interesting QB in the world!!

B2C1484C-0C04-4AA5-BA2A-3EF29F6B4A75.gif

41 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Assuming that everything the Jets do will end in humiliating disaster is always the safest bet, but Sanchez was bad because he was bad, not because of a doofy nickname; if Darnold is bad, it’ll be because he’s bad, not because a bunch of mooks crowned his ass a week after the draft.

I get it, but the gambler in me doesn't like to taunt fate.

3 hours ago, Dcronin said:

DC

Nothing any fan, or media member does, or says will contribute to whether Darnold succeeds, or fails, Darnold will decide.

we can't control the pressure

we can hope this guy can handle the pressure. 

early signs are positive. my only concern is that ridiculous early schedule. Let McCown play 3 games in 10 days.

They should let him take the reigns around week 5 for the sunny home stretch like Slats' Master QB Plan. 

Archived