So are the new uniforms happening?

usanyj

15 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Couple of articles published in the last few days say there is chatter about it. I know Lee and Adams were voicing it early on. Apparently in one of the videos released by the team there are green helmets in the background...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/09/whats-the-deal-with-jetsnewunis/amp/

If they are its not happening until at least next year. I think they have to put it in a year early, the due date to make the change should be around now.

Alternatives you can buy online? 

A real uniform change would get more lead time probably. 

Best way to sell it is to put Darnold in it after the draft so I'm thinking it's marketing stuff fans can buy or a change from the color rush uniform or throw backs 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Alternatives you can buy online? 

A real uniform change would get more lead time probably. 

Best way to sell it is to put Darnold in it after the draft so I'm thinking it's marketing stuff fans can buy or a change from the color rush uniform or throw backs 

Heard they are finished with the Color Rush.

Good lord people write articles with zero facts. 

In the article they cite Adams’ and Lee’s annoying campaign to get us new unis. Then they cite what is clearly an old Pepsi can given to Adams by Pepsi alongside his bobble head. It’s old because it’s the 90s NFL logo. Then they cite a tweet by a random tweeter who can’t grasp that there are helmets up for display in the facility including our 60s, color rush, current and 90s versions, plus that half-assed green Leon Hess throwback.

Also our color rush is our best uniform we should keep it.

2 hours ago, Lego My Lageman said:

They have to put matte gray in with our uniforms. Would look better than the black. 80s logo, do it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

They should add red to the super high-gloss color rush helmet so that every day with the Jets could be Christmas! 

4 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Thank god for that I was sick and tired having them dress up as the Saskatchewan rough riders

That's my PREFERRED CFL team and the ONLY reason is because they LOOK JUST LIKE the JETS uniforms from the 90's.:lol:

A refresh, if done right, would be nice.

New QB, new era, new uniforms.

Parcells brought a new hope to this team in the 90s and changed the uniforms to mark the start of a new era. I can't help but feel the same way with Darnold on board. The timing is right.

Color Rush is gone.  There was an announcement a couple of weeks ago about it.  I think right around the time of the schedule release that broke out.

I do like our uniforms, but it is time to change it up.  I don't want to go crazy, but even doing something like adding Black or Gun metal grey accents to the jerseys or around the numbering along with helmets could do wonders for eye appeal.

But like someone else said, I think this needs to be announced a year ahead of time.  While it is still up to the team for the image, it does need NFL's approval for the go-ahead and also the final release.

50 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Like this uni, but keep the current helmets...

image.png

They wouldn't have competing logos. . so its either this style Uni with our current logo, or this style with 80's logo, possibly white helmet with 80s logo.. based on your helmet claim

1 hour ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I do like our uniforms, but it is time to change it up.  I don't want to go crazy, but even doing something like adding Black or Gun metal grey accents to the jerseys or around the numbering along with helmets could do wonders for eye appeal.

Bruce Coslet added black as you describe back in the 90s in an effort to make the team look badass. They're the signature uniform of Dick Kotite. Such a thing should never, ever happen again. 

Green, white and grey sounds familiar. Oh yeah, that's what the Eagles wear. 

I don't mind the idea of an alternate uniform worn a couple times a year so that people who spend money on that sort of thing have another thing to spend on, but I don't think our current uniforms should be messed with at all. Don't like the idea of adding any color. The Jets originally went with green and white, that's what they are.  

I have been a fan since 1969, but I am just not really with the "Jets uniforms are perfect" crowd. I find them really dated looking and completely boring. Next year would be the perfect time to full redo the logo and the Jets uniform to something completely new as we enter a new era with the face of our franchise Sam Darnold. We can move the current one to a throwback once or twice a year. 

28 minutes ago, slats said:

Bruce Coslet added black as you describe back in the 90s in an effort to make the team look badass. They're the signature uniform of Dick Kotite. Such a thing should never, ever happen again. 

Green, white and grey sounds familiar. Oh yeah, that's what the Eagles wear. 

I don't mind the idea of an alternate uniform worn a couple times a year so that people who spend money on that sort of thing have another thing to spend on, but I don't think our current uniforms should be messed with at all. Don't like the idea of adding any color. The Jets originally went with green and white, that's what they are.  

Oh, im sorry if there was confusion.  I didn't mean to our current uniform.  Either keep them as they are, or move on completely.  I just mean in general if they went with a new uniform with Green and White, to possibly have them mixed in.  Not alter what we have to fit that mold.

4 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

image.png

These unis would work.  I disagree on keeping the old helmets.

To me, the best part is the better green shade with a bit of shimmer to it.  Nike screwed up the Jets unis with the dirty flat green.  It looks stupid.  And it gets 2-toned with sweat, which doesn't happen with any other unis.

I am a member of the Jets Fan Advisory Board, our first meeting is next week in Florham Park, and I will be striking-down any talk of new uniforms based on our losing 80's era.  I might be swayed to vote for a modern uniform as an alternate.

SAR I

10 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

image.png

Pretty much back to this:

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 5.05.36 PM.png

I dislike the green helmets, particularly the chintzy metallic ones. Too midtown Cadillac pimp. I do like both logos though.

Archived