Ex-Pats coordinator/Lions HC was indicted in 1996???

Dcat

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Not asking for banning, but a please, can you stop spreading your political agenda on every thread, might be nice

People like us don't get into discussions of politics with people like you on purpose, ever. That's how you know who's steering the bus off the street.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

People like us don't get into discussions of politics with people like you on purpose, ever. That's how you know who's steering the bus off the street.

people like me? Would that be people who come to the Jets message board to talk about the Jets, rather than political issues?

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

people like me? Would that be people who come to the Jets message board to talk about the Jets, rather than political issues?

Zero people were talking about anything remotely political until you, sir.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

I respect  that but why would you read the thread title and think this is a discussion about Jets football? 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I respect  that but why would you read the thread title and think this is a discussion about Jets football? 

OK, I give up, I suppose I should have expected it to turn into a discussion about the lack of Black QB's in the NFL. 

6 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

On 3/12/2017 at 10:47 AM, NoBowles said:

Its actually pretty upsetting how much racism has peered into these boards in the last few years. But I guess Its a reflection of our country and society as a whole these days. Race relations are worse today than at any point I can remember in the last 40 years. Its very sad and disturbing.

On 8/4/2017 at 2:46 PM, NoBowles said:

Let me ask you this, if a white guy made a social stand against some perceived minority group of authority, using the NFL and an NFL team as his platform, and was unsigned, yet POSSIBLY better than some others who have been signed at his position, would all the players, Steven Smith's and talking heads of the world be bitching and complaining that he was not signed yet? And criticizing teams who did not sign him?

On 5/4/2018 at 4:54 PM, NoBowles said:

Sorry, I don't think stereotyping is funny, its hurtful. You usually do to, unless its geared towards white people.

On 1/1/2017 at 6:15 PM, NoBowles said:

Mechanics are a completely made up phenomena, made up by the Russians to help Trump win the election.

On 4/28/2018 at 9:04 AM, NoBowles said:

He’s legit a scary dude. Everyone here thinks he’s funny and clever, but he’s exactly the profile that turns into a mass murder one day and feels it’s his right because of Mike McCaggnen and Donald Trump.

On 12/23/2017 at 3:54 PM, NoBowles said:

You got off easy, I’ve heard about some of those donations to the Clinton Foundation, ouch

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

As a matter of statistical fact, the rest of us can be as sure as we have to be that it happened simply because she said it did. The false report rate for rape has always been exactly the same as it has been for index felonies. If a bank says it got robbed, the bank got robbed. The bank didn't get slutty in a hotel room. 

Really? Link to stats?

45 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yet most of us males go through our entire lives without any such allegations. Gotta wonder why? No?

Yes but that doesn't make the allegations against others any more credible.

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You know how much money he won betting his friends about that? 

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems counter intuitive seeing the emotional aspect and I know I've seen plenty of reports of false charges 

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I have to get back to you, honestly. I said the same thing in basically the same words when everybody was all like free Greg Hardy and had them in front of me then but don't now.

OK, thanks. Not challenging you just surprised to hear that tbh

27 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

His employer is a private entity not bound by the constraints of due process. It should be free to deal with the situation as it sees fit.

If he was under employment "at will"  that would be the case.  He is not.  He is under contract.  They can void the contract, and completely pay the contract off.  As the article stated, if he lied, or deceived them they can void the contract without compensation.  That is unknown to us.

If they void the contract strictly on hear say, and publicly state that this is the reason he is being fired, they better bring their check books to the following slander suit.     

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems counter intuitive seeing the emotional aspect and I know I've seen plenty of reports of false charges 

I get that but at the same time people can report anything. I just think in any  situation there is a line you either do or don’t cross. After that it’s all up to interpretation. Personally found out the hard way stopping well before the line seems to almost always work . 

6 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I have to get back to you, honestly. I said the same thing in basically the same words when everybody was all like free Greg Hardy and had them in front of me then but don't now.

All this time I thought you had all that shit committed to memory. Pfft. 

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

OK, thanks. Not challenging you just surprised to hear that tbh

Yeah. What makes it even more remarkable is that there's more of a fudge factor to the falsity determination with this than anything else. So it's within the margin of error that the rate is actually lower.

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

If he was under employment "at will"  that would be the case.  He is not.  He is under contract.  They can void the contract, and completely pay the contract off.  As the article stated, if he lied, or deceived them they can void the contract with compensation.  That is unknown to us.

If they void the contract strictly on hear say, and publicly state that this is the reason he is being fired, they better bring their check books to the following slander suit.     

You fell into it. They're going to fire him for not disclosing during the hiring process, not for the rapey stuff.

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Report: Matt Patricia indicted but not tried for sexual assault in 1996

Non-story.

No conviction.

Accuser recanted/withdrew complaint.

We have GOT to move away from accusations = guilt and total destruction of the accused.

Yes, abuse allegations should be taken seriously, every time, and properly investigated.

No, an accusation alone is not guilt, nor should it be treated as such.

If he is fired....just wow.  How far we've gone too far.

Archived