Contention Begins in 2019

BrickTamland

On 5/12/2018 at 8:11 AM, Jetster said:

Taylor Lewan & Zack Martin in 2019 free agency as our two big purchases will help out plenty! 

I would love Martin but no way the Boys don’t franchise tag him at the very least

But yes we will absolutely sign a couple big name Offensive Linemen next year

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I would love Martin but no way the Boys don’t franchise tag him at the very least

I don't think the Cowboys can afford to keep that entire line together, we'll see. I have no idea about the Titans salary cap so Lewan will probably be franchised as I don't think they have many high paid players except Marriotta.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:26 AM, Jetster said:

I don't think the Cowboys can afford to keep that entire line together, we'll see. I have no idea about the Titans salary cap so Lewan will probably be franchised as I don't think they have many high paid players except Marriotta.

The Cowboys already lost a couple starters from the OL that was the best in the NFL 2 years ago by far.  They just cut Dez and Witten retired.  Their current projected payroll with no moves for 2019 is $136 mil with a projected league cap that will increase from $177 mil

Regardless though the jets should still be able to add 1-2 marquis Offensive Line free agents next offseason

On 5/11/2018 at 2:21 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Only one more year! Phew. Man time flies.

When you think about it, 2019 is really the first year of the rebuild. 

I wonder if Hackenberg will still be a rookie.

On 5/14/2018 at 7:03 AM, Philc1 said:

33 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Regardless though the jets should still be able to add 1-2 marquis Offensive Line free agents next offseason

Why didn't they sign them this year?  There aren't that many "marquis Offensive Line free agents" and I am not sure the ones that exist want to come here.

On 5/11/2018 at 2:15 PM, Patriot Killa said:

And offensive line rich..the two exact positions that we have no one even OK at.

On 5/11/2018 at 2:03 PM, Greenseed4 said:

2019 draft looks to be Pass Rush rich

Unfortunately we don't have a lot of depth (at least as it stands right now) in next year's draft.  We're missing a 2nd rounder and I don't think we have any extra picks.  It's early though and things could change.  Plus there's always the trade down possibility.

Archived