The Wizard of Oz, A Wizard's Nightmare...GAME THREAD

8 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

No offense or anything. I just dont really believe in giving any type of hints about the setup via flavor so I tend to either not read, or if I do, I dont usually factor it into my musings.

Balance wise it made more sense to me for there to be 3 scum and a SK, based soley on numbers. Though I guess all the town PRs might have balanced things out. Unsure.

No offense at all. But serious question does anybody agree w/ this? 

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

No offense at all. But serious question does anybody agree w/ this? 

It really doesnt matter. I'm not trying to make you question yourself. I was just explaining why I assumed what I did.

Just now, Nynaeve said:

It really doesnt matter. I'm not trying to make you question yourself. I was just explaining why I assumed what I did.

No not at all, but I think it's important for future games. Scum should be 25-33% of the game, pending 3rd party. 

Thats isually how it works. For your benefit too...and everyone's. 

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Lol..  whadda u think?

I said serious question. I don't think Nyn's thinking is right based on numbers. Your thoughts? 

It doesn't bother me at all. I had Doggin approve so I'm good, but only 3 Scum and 1 SK in game of 17, seems awfully low for scum

I would say 5 is right for 20 players. But i get lost with the balancing of all the prs so if the town prs give town an edge then maybe it balances out.

I just feel like short of scum and sk shooting each other... it was a hard game to win for town, even with my vigs and crusher getting peeked and protected correctly.

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I said serious question. I don't think Nyn's thinking is right based on numbers. Your thoughts? 

It doesn't bother me at all. I had Doggin approve so I'm good, but only 3 Scum and 1 SK in game of 17, seems awfully low for scum

It really depends on how powered the town is. 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Mafia 101 says 4 scum in a 16 person game for a 25 percent ratio..  17 naturally meant 4 scum and a sk.  Flavor gave away characters.

Think those who don't look for clues from mod are missing the boat.  I pack clues in scenes and mini scenes when I mod.

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Pac said:

Mafia 101 says 4 scum in a 16 person game for a 25 percent ratio..  17 naturally meant 4 scum and a sk.  Flavor gave away characters.

Think those who don't look for clues from mod are missing the boat.  I pack clues in scenes and mini scenes when I mod.

4 none town for 16 players.

Adding a sk makes it 5 none town to 16 players. Hence my comment.

What you say would be accurate if there wasnt a sk 

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

It really depends on how powered the town is. 

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

Yep. I'd like to think all sides being so powered up this game the roles cancelled each other out. Everyone wants a pr to make it more fun but with that, it sets up a thousand different potential scenarios and outcomes. The game could have been over just as quickly for either side. Luckily it worked out well with each side have more than a lot of chances to still win at end game. Even Nol had a chance if he had a better FR and a couple things broke right. 

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

4 none town for 16 players.

Adding a sk makes it 5 none town to 16 players. Hence my comment.

What you say would be accurate if there wasnt a sk 

I'm wondering what the consensus is on this. I don't know for sure but always considered 3rd party separate to the rule of 3:1 ratio. You're the first person I've heard that considers 3rd party part of the equation. Not saying you're wrong just always considered otherwise. Per basic set up not including PR balance.

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I'm wondering what the consensus is on this. I don't know for sure but always considered 3rd party separate to the rule of 3:1 ratio. You're the first person I've heard that considers 3rd party part of the equation. Not saying you're wrong just always considered otherwise. Per basic set up not including PR balance.

I dont think there's really wrong or right cause there are so many combinations and ways you can balance it via PR power. 

I'm no expert with balance. I always consult in my games. Or mostly freak out and Clov tells me what I should do lol

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I dont think there's really wrong or right cause there are so many combinations and ways you can balance it via PR power. 

I'm no expert with balance. I always consult in my games. Or mostly freak out and Clov tells me what I should do lol

Yeah, I think you would just consider a SK part of the ratio and I wouldn't. Obv PRs can change things. But to your point no wrong/right. 

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

Each mod has their preferences and I think we've done this enough at this point to have 'reasonably' balanced games, so it's all good.

Balance is never a priority in my games.  And that's one of many reasons why I shouldn't ever be allowed to Mod. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 1:57 PM, CTM said:

no, i say pingy because you are introducing a narrative, ape coaching brick.. that isn't supported by much 

what happened to this ping @CTM?

this is something i hadn't caught until reading back here, now that i'm finally on my laptop.

this is the type of nuanced sh*t i feel scum does (FYI this was a reply you made to Stark)

• Thumb Down 1