RIP Chuck Knox

TuscanyTile2

His Rams teams dominated the NFC West for nearly the entire 1970's, and although they were the odds on favorite to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, quite a few times, they could never put it together in the postseason. He turned around 3 franchises in his career, and I'll always be a fan.

R.I.P. coach

RIP ... so many forget he was with the Jets:

On May 8, 1963, he was hired as offensive line coach of the American Football League's New York Jets by head coach Weeb Ewbank. Over the next four years as the lead contact for recruiting quarterback, Joe Namath, Knox helped build a line that would protect Namath, eventually leading to a victory over the Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl III. Unfortunately for Knox, by voluntarily leaving the Jets in 1967 he denied himself what would have been the only Super Bowl ring in his career as the Jets won the World Championship in 1968.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

RIP Chuck but f*ck you for that 1981 playoff game

No, f*ck Bruce harper for fumbling the opening kick off giving the Bills an instant 7 point lead. .  Oh... and f*ck Richard Todd for his redzone INT that aborted an outstanding comeback.  A score there would have won the game

10 hours ago, SnackExchange said:

His Rams teams dominated the NFC West for nearly the entire 1970's, and although they were the odds on favorite to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, quite a few times, they could never put it together in the postseason. He turned around 3 franchises in his career, and I'll always be a fan.

R.I.P. coach

unless i'm mistaken, all of his teams made the playoffs at one point while he was hc.  not a bad record.

56 minutes ago, rangerous said:

unless i'm mistaken, all of his teams made the playoffs at one point while he was hc.  not a bad record.

You're not mistaken. He was a bit like Marty Schottenheimer, in that he knew how to build playoff teams, but could never get them to the Super Bowl. 

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

No, f*ck Bruce harper for fumbling the opening kick off giving the Bills an instant 7 point lead. .  Oh... and f*ck Richard Todd for his redzone INT that aborted an outstanding comeback.  A score there would have won the game

That game broke my heart.........

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

That game broke my heart.........

no kidding.  I was there bouncing up and down in the Shea Stadium right field Mezz (On the "fair" side of where the foul pole would be).  The tier was bouncing from the fans stomping their feet.  I thought it was going to collapse.  Having been to Shea my whole life, I had never felt anything like that.  I thought it was going to collapse.  Then when Todd threw that f'ing interception at the end.... right in front of where I was sitting.... the loudest crowd I had ever heard became deathly silent.  It was surreal.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

no kidding.  I was there bouncing up and down in the Shea Stadium right field Mezz (On the "fair" side of where the foul pole would be).  The tier was bouncing from the fans stomping their feet.  I thought it was going to collapse.  Having been to Shea my whole life, I had never felt anything like that.  I thought it was going to collapse.  Then when Todd threw that f'ing interception at the end.... right in front of where I was sitting.... the loudest crowd I had ever heard became deathly silent.  It was surreal.

I was in college in Buffalo NY at the time so I had a LOT riding on this.  I was home for XMAS break and watched it with family and like you said... an entire room went silent.

Archived