Chad is mentoring Baker

jetrider

On 5/16/2018 at 7:10 PM, SAR I said:

Only one problem with this Rusty Staub Revisionism:

Chad's injuries didn't prevent him from winning playoff games.  It was his inability to elevate his game in the postseason.  He regressed, in fact.  Timid as a deer.  The brighter the lights, the dimmer the quarterback.

SAR I

I don't think this is fair.  He was extremely limited in what he could do physically.  In the playoffs, against the better teams, he couldn't get away with the same stuff that he gutted out in the regular season.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Peyton was never considered "bottom elite" despite all his playoff failures.

Chad didn't play long enough but he was a better QB than Eli. Eli has just played much longer

I was a better QB than Peyton, I just didn't play long enough.

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Loves Sanchez and Matt Leinart more than any other QB ever.

Loathes Chad Pennington.

Is SAR I: Worlds Greatest Troll

Matt Leinart?  He was just a name we'd heard about in the press, never saw the guy play a down in college, certainly never loved the guy.

Mark Sanchez?  Just the second-best quarterback in Jets history, led the team on the greatest 3 year stretch in team history, went 4-2 in the playoffs, was the best Jet on the field in consecutive Championship games.  Nah, no Jets fan should love that bum.

Chad Pennington?  A joke with a popgun arm who didn't know how to stay healthy, 80,000 people cheered when he got hurt.  Again.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I don't think this is fair.  He was extremely limited in what he could do physically.  In the playoffs, against the better teams, he couldn't get away with the same stuff that he gutted out in the regular season.

Yes, very true.  All of which is code for "he sucked as an NFL quarterback".

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Matt Leinart?  He was just a name we'd heard about in the press, never saw the guy play a down in college, certainly never loved the guy.

Mark Sanchez?  Just the second-best quarterback in Jets history, led the team on the greatest 3 year stretch in team history, went 4-2 in the playoffs, was the best Jet on the field in consecutive Championship games.  Nah, no Jets fan should love that bum.

Chad Pennington?  A joke with a popgun arm who didn't know how to stay healthy, 80,000 people cheered when he got hurt.  Again.

SAR I

I have a fairly good memory and recall that you did campaign pretty damn hard on Jets Insider for the Jets to draft Leinart.  You didn't mention then that you had never seen him play.

2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I have a fairly good memory and recall that you did campaign pretty damn hard on Jets Insider for the Jets to draft Leinart.  You didn't mention then that you had never seen him play.

Yes he did. I remember him saying he watches zero college ball and he was basing his Leinart desire on the media saying he was a top prospect. Cut some slack when it's warranted. You want to hammer him?  Go no further than his delusional belief that Sanchez was good. In the end, it's clear that QB evaluation is not one of SAR's strong points. It's like this: if a team wins, then the QB must have been good. If it doesn't, then the QB was bad.  This pretty much summarizes his Sanchez evaluation.  

18 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Both kickers sucked ass, no one's disputing that, but it's only because of your predetermined agenda if you really think it's the same situation with Kaeding missing a kick in warm SD that was shorter than either of Brien's attempts in frigid Pitt, when the former's offense scored 17 points (against the #4 D, since that's apparently important) and the latter's scored 3.

In the end though, doesn't really matter much since the respective team's lost anyway.  The truth is both losing teams were very lucky to be in it that late in the game anyway.

on the same field in the same EZ w/ the temp much colder and it being windier Adam Vinatieri nailed an even longer FG a week later.  stop w/ the excuses.  Chad didn't help us beat SD b/c of the K.  The SD K never should have had the chance to attempt that kick if not for a boneheaded play by Barton to extend that game. Chad didn't do enough at Pitt, he didn't do much at Pitt but we still should have won w/ 1 of 2 makeable kicks from our K.

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I wouldn't use our fellow moronic Jet fans to judge.  we have a terrible fan base that will cheer injuries, bash guys like Chad and Mark sanchez but praise guys like Brett Favre.

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I wouldn't use our fellow moronic Jet fans to judge.  we have a terrible fan base that will cheer injuries, bash guys like Chad and Mark sanchez but praise guys like Brett Favre.

of course not... 80,000 fans MUST be wrong and you are right. Almost alone in the wilderness but right, according to  you of course.   No facts, just opinion, but you are right. 

Chad better than a 2 time winning SB champ?  According to you. Opinion, but you have brain washed yourself to believe you are a fact machine when in fact I can't recall much fact at all in your posts. Remove the words would, could and should from your posts for a week and let's see what you have.

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

on the same field in the same EZ w/ the temp much colder and it being windier Adam Vinatieri nailed an even longer FG a week later.  stop w/ the excuses.  Chad didn't help us beat SD b/c of the K.  The SD K never should have had the chance to attempt that kick if not for a boneheaded play by Barton to extend that game. Chad didn't do enough at Pitt, he didn't do much at Pitt but we still should have won w/ 1 of 2 makeable kicks from our K.

Reading comprehension is a bit tough for you, huh?  Such an aggressive attempt at an argument considering you're throwing a hissy fit about a player I said sucked ass.  Way to go, you showed me!

Although, I shouldn't be surprised considering what a massive hypocrite you are by suggesting to "stop w/ the excuses" (for a player I actually criticized) when that is quite literally the only thing you do in your arguments.  It is highlighted just three sentences later when you desperately attempt to excuse Chad being completely and utterly useless in their loss.

5 hours ago, roscoeword said:

The year chad led dolphins to playoffs when farve didn't lead us to the playoffs, is Chad's vindication against his detractors

Chad getting gang-raped by the Rex led Ravens' D in the playoffs doesn't sound like much vindication.

But otherwise, those playoff tiebreakers for a team running a gimmick offense that was specifically designed to reduce the QB's involvement, in a division with 2 injured starting QBs sure proved... something?

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

of course not... 80,000 fans MUST be wrong and you are right. Almost alone in the wilderness but right, according to  you of course.   No facts, just opinion, but you are right. 

Chad better than a 2 time winning SB champ?  According to you. Opinion, but you have brain washed yourself to believe you are a fact machine when in fact I can't recall much fact at all in your posts. Remove the words would, could and should from your posts for a week and let's see what you have.

Chad has led in a major passing category, Eli has not (other than ints 3x)

Chad has more player of the week awards despite playing far less games

Chad finished second in MVP voting one season, Eli has never been received a single MVP vote.

Eli has missed playoffs 7 of 9 seasons, Chad made playoffs every season he started at least 3/4 of games.

Eli played on better teams, Chad was better.

18 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Reading comprehension is a bit tough for you, huh?  Such an aggressive attempt at an argument considering you're throwing a hissy fit about a player I said sucked ass.  Way to go, you showed me!

Although, I shouldn't be surprised considering what a massive hypocrite you are by suggesting to "stop w/ the excuses" (for a player I actually criticized) when that is quite literally the only thing you do in your arguments.  It is highlighted just three sentences later when you desperately attempt to excuse Chad being completely and utterly useless in their loss.

You talking about reading comprehension? I have never absolved Chad from playing poorly in that game (though it should be noted he did play with a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder), I simply countered the asanine assertion that Chad only won that SD game because of the SD kicker.  Please actually read and stop with the childish name calling.

10 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Chad getting gang-raped by the Rex led Ravens' D in the playoffs doesn't sound like much vindication.

But otherwise, those playoff tiebreakers for a team running a gimmick offense that was specifically designed to reduce the QB's involvement, in a division with 2 injured starting QBs sure proved... something?

Chad took a team that won ONE game the year before, led them to 11 wins, won division title on our field as favre held us back from winning the division.  

2002-2007 without Chad Miami made ZERO playoff apps

2008 with Chad won division

2009-2017 Miami made ONE playoff app(2016).

1992-2001 without Chad NYJ made just 2 PO apps

2002-2006 Jets made 3 PO apps with Chad

2007-2017 Jets made 2 playoff apps

But yeah Chad sucked and Brett favre was the bestest! 

We have the worst fanbase in sports

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Chad took a team that won ONE game the year before, led them to 11 wins, won division title on our field as favre held us back from winning the division.  

2002-2007 without Chad Miami made ZERO playoff apps

2008 with Chad won division

2009-2017 Miami made ONE playoff app(2016).

1992-2001 without Chad NYJ made just 2 PO apps

2002-2006 Jets made 3 PO apps with Chad

2007-2017 Jets made 2 playoff apps

But yeah Chad sucked and Brett favre was the bestest! 

We have the worst fanbase in sports

The legend of Chad lives on. Guy was a yellow loser 

Chad Pennington was way better than Eli Manning.

Mark Sanchez was terrific, best QB the Jets have had in 40 years.

Revis was the best Jet ever, a GOAT.

I have a 10" penis

The check is in the mail.

I had a vasectomy.

I wont come in your mouth.

27 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Chad Pennington was way better than Eli Manning.

Mark Sanchez was terrific, best QB the Jets have had in 40 years.

Revis was the best Jet ever, a GOAT.

I have a 10" penis

The check is in the mail.

I had a vasectomy.

I wont come in your mouth.

Pics or I call bullshlt!

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Chad has led in a major passing category, Eli has not (other than ints 3x)

Chad has more player of the week awards despite playing far less games

Chad finished second in MVP voting one season, Eli has never been received a single MVP vote.

Eli has missed playoffs 7 of 9 seasons, Chad made playoffs every season he started at least 3/4 of games.

Eli played on better teams, Chad was better.

Chad did not put together a long enough career to be in the same category as real QB's.  I do think He WOULD have taken us to a SB on a REX team BUT he didn't.  Eli will be HOF consideration worthy, Chad well, he will get honorable mention in the halls of several orthopedic hospitals.

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

You're denying that Chad had a great year that season? He was very cerebral, and that's why he was able to run the gimmick offense... I think he was comeback player of the year...   hate knows no bounds.

41 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

You're denying that Chad had a great year that season? He was very cerebral, and that's why he was able to run the gimmick offense... I think he was comeback player of the year...   hate knows no bounds.

They had the easiest schedule in football that year, and also faced west coast teams at 1pm in Miami 3x (norotiously a bad record for west coast teams travelling east and playing at 1pm). The Chad you saw in the playoffs was the same Chad all year just playing a decent team. He mediocre'd his way into the WC, again

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

You talking about reading comprehension? I have never absolved Chad from playing poorly in that game (though it should be noted he did play with a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder), I simply countered the asanine assertion that Chad only won that SD game because of the SD kicker.  Please actually read and stop with the childish name calling.

It's so cute how every time you say you don't make an excuse, you immediately follow it up with an excuse.

While the Jets won the SD game for multiple reasons, beyond just help from the failures of the opposing kicker (which they did in fact receive), you were the one who rejected that, while immediately trying to parlay the same situation one week later into an excuse to use for your own agenda.  You're ultimately proclaiming the invalidity of your own arguments.

56 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

A great season?  Absolutely not.  An above-average year for Chad?  Sure, I'll buy that.  I don't consider it particularly a credit to the cerebral nature of the QB when the gimmick offense in question involves the RBs taking direct snaps.

He did won CPOY, but a "comeback" is dependent on a prior year's failure (i.e., Chad's awful 2007 season).  It's ultimately an identification of relative improvement, not overall success.  That's further supported by him failing to be one of the 7 QBs who made the Pro Bowl that year (an honor he never achieved in his entire career).

Chad is far from the worst of QBs the NFL has seen, but he is massively overrated by many around these parts, who still hold him up on a pedestal that is undeserved a decade after he's gone.  From my perspective, that's only further proven when relying on a season he was with another team in the argument, because apparently his 8 years here didn't provide enough to work with to support the level of praise given.

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

A great season?  Absolutely not.  An above-average year for Chad?  Sure, I'll buy that.  I don't consider it particularly a credit to the cerebral nature of the QB when the gimmick offense in question involves the RBs taking direct snaps.

He did won CPOY, but a "comeback" is dependent on a prior year's failure (i.e., Chad's awful 2007 season).  It's ultimately an identification of relative improvement, not overall success.  That's further supported by him failing to be one of the 7 QBs who made the Pro Bowl that year (an honor he never achieved in his entire career).

Chad is far from the worst of QBs the NFL has seen, but he is massively overrated by many around these parts, who still hold him up on a pedestal that is undeserved a decade after he's gone.  From my perspective, that's only further proven when relying on a season he was with another team in the argument, because apparently his 8 years here didn't provide enough to work with to support the level of praise given.

Far from the worst? 

He started 80 games and threw 100 TDs

The worst QB gets cut in camp lol

Your opinion is the one that is out of whack 

Pennington said dumb things, tried to dance to eminem, was basically cringy, but in this franchises bleak QB history he is actually probably top 5.

What was that club you were in? 

The "reasonable discussion of quarterback play, all things considered" club? 

24 minutes ago, Larz said:

Far from the worst? 

So... you're saying I was right?

24 minutes ago, Larz said:

Pennington said dumb things, tried to dance to eminem, was basically cringy, but in this franchises bleak QB history he is actually probably top 5.

So a lack of interest in giving undeserved praise or constant excuse-making "is out of whack", simply because it should be considered justified by this team's sh*tty history at the position, not by his own performance?

12 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

So... you're saying I was right?

So a lack of interest in giving undeserved praise or constant excuse-making "is out of whack", simply because it should be considered justified by this team's sh*tty history at the position, not by his own performance?

What was that club? 

Some guys who really did suck ass 

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/09/worst-quarterback-nfl-history/jamarcus-russell

16 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Chad did not put together a long enough career to be in the same category as real QB's.  I do think He WOULD have taken us to a SB on a REX team BUT he didn't.  Eli will be HOF consideration worthy, Chad well, he will get honorable mention in the halls of several orthopedic hospitals.

real QBs who are barely over .500 for their careers in a weak division? real QBs who led Os to 17 & 19 pts to win SBs? real QBs who have never received a single MVP vote? real QBs who have never led any major category other than INts 3x? real QBs who have won playoff games in only 2 seasons? real QBs who led their team to missing playoffs 7 of 9 seasons?

Eli is a career mediocre QB, Chad in much less time has done more. he just wasn't fortunate enough to stay healthy and play on the talented teams Eli did in a much weaker division(w/o the Pats).

Eli has played 13 full seasons(12 completely full and 15 games another yr), started 214 games

Chad played basically 4 close to full seasons, started 81 games.

Chad led league in passer rating 1x, comp % 2x, Eli never led any major category other than INTs(3x)

Chad Player of the week 6x, Eli 4x.

Chad led team tyo playoffs every mostly healthy season(4x), Eli led team to POs 6x in 14 seasons(they were in playoff position when he took over his rookie year).

Chad won playoff games in 2 postseasons, Eli won playoff games in 2 postseasons

Chad has never been shut out in a playoff game, Eli has been shut out(at home).

Eli is the definition of mediocrity in this league, yes he has had the better career but that's based simply on durability.  the only category Eli has been elite in is durability and Chad obviously was not durable.

14 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

It's so cute how every time you say you don't make an excuse, you immediately follow it up with an excuse.

While the Jets won the SD game for multiple reasons, beyond just help from the failures of the opposing kicker (which they did in fact receive), you were the one who rejected that, while immediately trying to parlay the same situation one week later into an excuse to use for your own agenda.  You're ultimately proclaiming the invalidity of your own arguments.

I realize this is above your head but try to follow along.  if someone makes the asinine excuse that Chad only beat SD b/c of a K then you have to use the same flawed logic and say he only lost to Pitt b/c of the K. I don't believe the Jets lost that game solely b/c of the K though he blew the game. Chad and the O did not do enough that day, Chad and the O did enough at SD and in case your forgot(or are ignoring it) our K missed a 33 yd FG that night as well.  33 is less than 40 so if Brien hits that one the game never gets to OT(likely) and if Barton doesn't commit the boneheaded penalty the game never gets to OT but as Jet fans we have to bash guys that have helped us win and celebrate guys like Brett favre who sabotaged a legit SB chance.

11 hours ago, Larz said:

Far from the worst? 

he has yet to make a reasonable argument but he is good at hurling insults to deflect from his poor arguments.

couple of things:

he did the Eminem dance thing while a member of the dolphins so we can't hold that against him:lol:

he's definitely top 5 in franchise history, he's top 2 or 3.  Joe is obviously #1(which is very das and says a lot about what we have accomplished as a franchise) then I would say Vinny or Chad are #2(put them in any order), Mark #4 and probably Pat Ryan #5.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

real QBs who are barely over .500 for their careers in a weak division? real QBs who led Os to 17 & 19 pts to win SBs? real QBs who have never received a single MVP vote? real QBs who have never led any major category other than INts 3x? real QBs who have won playoff games in only 2 seasons? real QBs who led their team to missing playoffs 7 of 9 seasons?

Eli is a career mediocre QB, Chad in much less time has done more. he just wasn't fortunate enough to stay healthy and play on the talented teams Eli did in a much weaker division(w/o the Pats).

Eli has played 13 full seasons(12 completely full and 15 games another yr), started 214 games

Chad played basically 4 close to full seasons, started 81 games.

Chad led league in passer rating 1x, comp % 2x, Eli never led any major category other than INTs(3x)

Chad Player of the week 6x, Eli 4x.

Chad led team tyo playoffs every mostly healthy season(4x), Eli led team to POs 6x in 14 seasons(they were in playoff position when he took over his rookie year).

Chad won playoff games in 2 postseasons, Eli won playoff games in 2 postseasons

Chad has never been shut out in a playoff game, Eli has been shut out(at home).

Eli is the definition of mediocrity in this league, yes he has had the better career but that's based simply on durability.  the only category Eli has been elite in is durability and Chad obviously was not durable.

I realize this is above your head but try to follow along.  if someone makes the asinine excuse that Chad only beat SD b/c of a K then you have to use the same flawed logic and say he only lost to Pitt b/c of the K. I don't believe the Jets lost that game solely b/c of the K though he blew the game. Chad and the O did not do enough that day, Chad and the O did enough at SD and in case your forgot(or are ignoring it) our K missed a 33 yd FG that night as well.  33 is less than 40 so if Brien hits that one the game never gets to OT(likely) and if Barton doesn't commit the boneheaded penalty the game never gets to OT but as Jet fans we have to bash guys that have helped us win and celebrate guys like Brett favre who sabotaged a legit SB chance.

So basically, you're saying that if you can't blame Kaeding for SD's loss, then you can't blame Brien for the Jets'? Glad to see you've finally come around. You've sure shown me by telling me the point that you were attempting to argue against. Way to go.

On a side note, I'm not getting into the whole Eli nonsense with you, but I can't help but point out there are blatant lies you're throwing out there that your argument is dependent on.

18 hours ago, roscoeword said:

1 great season?   ONE.  So what.  Only JETS fans worship a player with one great season.  He simply had the brains but not the body.

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

1 great season?   ONE.  So what.  Only JETS fans worship a player with one great season.  He simply had the brains but not the body.

Hear hear.

These Mets fans with their low standards are enough to drive you to drink.  And that 1 good Pennington season?  Came off the bench, team was in the toilet, the most low-pressure situation ever.  Same for another 1 hit wonder, Vinny Testaverde, another guy brought in here to be a backup who has a no-pressure season.  Let's keep going, Ryan Fitzpatrick, another 1 hit wonder, brought in as a backup, another no-pressure season.

The only Jets quarterback brought in here to perform immediately and under huge win-now pressure who actually lived up to that pressure and had success was Mark Sanchez.  And these same idiots who put Pennington and Testeverde on this pedestal think he sucks. 

You can't make this sh-t up.

SAR I

On 5/21/2018 at 3:35 PM, Bruce Harper said:

Other than 2002, I would have to agree with you.   But we didn't have anything better for most of those years.

2002 was a magical season, actually my favorite season in my lifetime.  Living in New England as a Jets season ticket holder not only did I go to 6 home games but I was also at the epic Sunday Night Football game where we had to beat the defending Super Bowl champion Patriots in Foxboro the week after Chrebet fumbled in Chicago.

Then the following week in the parking lot at Giants Stadium watching the Patriots lose so that it became a win-and-in game against the Packers, running into the stadium after that....it was fantastic.  One week we're dead, two weeks later I'm wearing an AFC East Champions cap. 

But Chad was just a mirage.  In a low pressure situation he was very good, elite even.  But in December or the playoffs, forget it, couldn't move the ball, played scared.  There was a streak of 4 seasons where we didn't beat a single team with a winning record under Chad's watch, and he had a Hall Of Fame Center, a Hall Of Fame Running Back, and some of the best WR's we've ever had and blew it all.

SAR I

Archived