Chad is mentoring Baker

jetrider

I was trying to figure out why this thread has been a main stay on the board and then realized, oh, nyjunc is probably in here defending Chad and throwing in a mix of Sanchez...

and then I opened the thread and was like, some things never change...  

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/21/2018 at 3:37 PM, Bruce Harper said:

I have a fairly good memory and recall that you did campaign pretty damn hard on Jets Insider for the Jets to draft Leinart.  You didn't mention then that you had never seen him play.

Then your memory is very weak.  I had a banner in my signature for that offseason that said "Draft Leinart" no different than I wanted us to "Suck For Sam" last offseason.  I didn't see either of these guys play a down, I'm an NFL fan, not a college football fan.  Whichever way Cimini or Serby or Cannizaro go on the potential-Jets-QB-of-the-future I play along with.  That year it was Leinart.  Search the old JI database, you'll see me say the same thing.

But that said, if you want to go there, please post all your predictions for all the NFL drafts since 2005 and let's see how you did, chief.

SAR I

On 5/21/2018 at 5:18 PM, Dcat said:

Yes he did. I remember him saying he watches zero college ball and he was basing his Leinart desire on the media saying he was a top prospect. Cut some slack when it's warranted. You want to hammer him?  Go no further than his delusional belief that Sanchez was good. In the end, it's clear that QB evaluation is not one of SAR's strong points. It's like this: if a team wins, then the QB must have been good. If it doesn't, then the QB was bad.  This pretty much summarizes his Sanchez evaluation.  

I pay no attention to the stats.  If I did I'd tell you why Joe Namath was a sh-t quarterback.  I focus on what happens during the games and the plays that no one charts, that no one tallies in fantasy football leagues, the demeanor under pressure, the ability to bounce back after a bad series, the thick skin to stay focused in the NY market, the loyalty needed to take all the blame even when it's not warranted.

I could riff on what Sanchez accomplished but you know.  But let's keep it very simple:  it's impossible to win in the NFL without a good quarterback.  The 2009, 2010, and 2011 Jets did a lot of winning.  From the moment when Mark shook his rookie jitters after a 4-6 start in 2009 to the moment Victor Cruz went yard in 2011 we went 28-13 including 6 road playoff games.  Utterly amazing.  Utterly impossible without a good quarterback.

SAR I

On 5/21/2018 at 10:34 PM, Warfish said:

SAR I: Worlds Greatest Troll

We going to go through this again?  I thought we got past this 5 years ago.  I'm not the troll, friend.  Just someone with a different opinion than you.  And standing up for the greatest Jets quarterback since 1970 isn't disloyal; but condemning the kid surely is. 

But Warfish the Genius, you got what you wanted, right?  You got Geno, Tebow, Fitzpatrick, Petty, Hackenburg, McCown.....you happy?  The last 7 seasons treat you well?  The post-Sanchez world of Jets quarterbacks has been a sh-t show since you ran him out of town.  You got what you deserved.

SAR I

On 5/22/2018 at 7:34 AM, roscoeword said:

The year chad led dolphins to playoffs when farve didn't lead us to the playoffs, is Chad's vindication against his detractors

LOL.  Yeah, two injuries to two Hall Of Fame quarterbacks in his own division is what let Chad eke out an undeserved playoff berth.  "Vindication"?  LOL.  More like the only way Chad could ever win anything.  If there was an Injury Bowl, Chad Pennington would be its MVP.  Too hurt to matter, only can win when the other QB's get hurt.

Tell me, the week the Dolphins won the division, what happened the next week at home in the playoffs against the Ravens?  I forget.  Did Chad play well?

SAR I

21 hours ago, CTM said:

The legend of Chad lives on. Guy was a yellow loser 

LOL, it's so true.

You can clearly see who the Mets fans are and who the Yankees fans are in any Chad Pennington thread.

Rusty Staub, David Wright, Chad Pennington.  Cute lovable losers whose posters hung in their bedrooms as they masturbated to mom's lingerie catalog that arrived in the mailbox that morning, ejaculating into a sweat sock as Rusty, David, and Chad stared back at them with loving eyes.

SAR I

We had the best D, best Oline, good receiving corps in 09/10. Far better teams than what chad played on Our biggest weakness was qb. That team carried markie on their back as much as they could. If we had Pennington in his prime in 09//10 we likely win a super bowl. Or if Brett farve stayed in 09. He had a great yr with the Vikings.

19 hours ago, roscoeword said:

You're denying that Chad had a great year that season? He was very cerebral, and that's why he was able to run the gimmick offense... I think he was comeback player of the year...   hate knows no bounds.

lf.jpg

The Dolphins built an offense that didn't require a quarterback!  The best throws came from running backs!  LOL.  You can't make this stuff up.  If Chad were so cerebral he would have quit on the spot rather than suffer the humiliation.

Chad Pennington was a sheep.  The perfect Mets quarterback.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Then your memory is very weak.  I had a banner in my signature for that offseason that said "Draft Leinart" no different than I wanted us to "Suck For Sam" last offseason.  I didn't see either of these guys play a down, I'm an NFL fan, not a college football fan.  Whichever way Cimini or Serby or Cannizaro go on the potential-Jets-QB-of-the-future I play along with.  That year it was Leinart.  Search the old JI database, you'll see me say the same thing.

But that said, if you want to go there, please post all your predictions for all the NFL drafts since 2005 and let's see how you did, chief.

SAR I

My predictions suck on a pretty much consistent basis.  I was just yanking your chain because I remembered how pissed you were that we didn't get Leinart.  And forgive me for thinking that you might have seen the guy play, given how much you wanted him on our team.

Sincerely,

Chief

8 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

My predictions suck on a pretty much consistent basis.  I was just yanking your chain because I remembered how pissed you were that we didn't get Leinart.  And forgive me for thinking that you might have seen the guy play, given how much you wanted him on our team.

Sincerely,

Chief

LOL.  Every year since 1980 I always want "college quarterback x" and every year I don't get him.  Well, until this year.  But even then I couldn't get excited about it.  Somehow the narrative changed in February away from Darnold and towards Mayfield/Allen/Rosen and so when we took Darnold I was like "huh?" is this a good thing?

I was at the MetLife draft party when it happened, practically everyone else had the same reaction.

SAR I

I know exactly one person who is really pretty good at this draft prediction thing and he is obsessed with it. To say he does his homework is so understating the time he invests its absurd but he is single no kids etc so there really is no downside for him.

Aside from him I automatically assume anyone throwing out predictions and projections and recommendations to be as stupid at this stuff as I am unless they can show me some sort of documented track record of success.

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

We going to go through this again?  I thought we got past this 5 years ago.  I'm not the troll, friend.  Just someone with a different opinion than you.  And standing up for the greatest Jets quarterback since 1970 isn't disloyal; but condemning the kid surely is. 

But Warfish the Genius, you got what you wanted, right?  You got Geno, Tebow, Fitzpatrick, Petty, Hackenburg, McCown.....you happy?  The last 7 seasons treat you well?  The post-Sanchez world of Jets quarterbacks has been a sh-t show since you ran him out of town.  You got what you deserved.

SAR I

Stop....please.....my sides.....the laughter.

Oh God.  Stitches.

21 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

So basically, you're saying that if you can't blame Kaeding for SD's loss, then you can't blame Brien for the Jets'? Glad to see you've finally come around. You've sure shown me by telling me the point that you were attempting to argue against. Way to go.

On a side note, I'm not getting into the whole Eli nonsense with you, but I can't help but point out there are blatant lies you're throwing out there that your argument is dependent on.

You should probably have someone read my posts for you then explain them to you, you might understand what I am writing a little better.

Please share all the blatant lies I am throwing out there?ld love to see it, heck just start w/ 1.

20 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

1 great season?   ONE.  So what.  Only JETS fans worship a player with one great season.  He simply had the brains but not the body.

Only Jet fans worship a guy who sabotaged a potential great season like Brett Favre and bash QBs that helped us actually win like Chad and Sanchez.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

You should probably have someone read my posts for you then explain them to you, you might understand what I am writing a little better.

Please share all the blatant lies I am throwing out there?ld love to see it, heck just start w/ 1.

Only Jet fans worship a guy who sabotaged a potential great season like Brett Favre and bash QBs that helped us actually win like Chad and Sanchez.

If you are referring to me..like usual, you are wrong.

I am no fan of Brett Favre and I though we sabotaged Sanchez. He was to blame for his downfall but we didn't develop him. We let Cotch, Braylon etc walk.  BUT I was VERY in favor of releasing Chad.  I thought we waited too long. He was an injured lamb with no upside except bleeding heart kids loved his baby face.

22 hours ago, SAR I said:

LOL, it's so true.

You can clearly see who the Mets fans are and who the Yankees fans are in any Chad Pennington thread.

Rusty Staub, David Wright, Chad Pennington.  Cute lovable losers whose posters hung in their bedrooms as they masturbated to mom's lingerie catalog that arrived in the mailbox that morning, ejaculating into a sweat sock as Rusty, David, and Chad stared back at them with loving eyes.

SAR I

New material please.  You are better then this.  No need to recycle your posts from years ago.

Get back on point SAR.  This old drivel is beneath you.

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

New material please.  You are better then this.  No need to recycle your posts from years ago.

Get back on point SAR.  This old drivel is beneath you.

When the topic goes down memory lane so too go my arguments.  It's not like they change over time.  The memory of Chad Pennington is frozen in time when he's on the ground in one of those numerous times he took a soft hit and was knocked out for the season.  His post-Jets career doesn't change the narrative of when he was a Jet.

But I agree it's beneath me. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

If you are referring to me..like usual, you are wrong.

I am no fan of Brett Favre and I though we sabotaged Sanchez. He was to blame for his downfall but we didn't develop him. We let Cotch, Braylon etc walk.  BUT I was VERY in favor of releasing Chad.  I thought we waited too long. He was an injured lamb with no upside except bleeding heart kids loved his baby face.

First off I all usually right but no I wasn't referring to you specifically. It was about our fanbase or at least the part if it that posts on the board.

We are all frustrated with Chad always being hurt, it was understandable to be frustrated but to act like he didn't do anything for our team is incorrect and unfair.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

When the topic goes down memory lane so too go my arguments.  It's not like they change over time.  The memory of Chad Pennington is frozen in time when he's on the ground in one of those numerous times he took a soft hit and was knocked out for the season.  His post-Jets career doesn't change the narrative of when he was a Jet.

SAR I

I'm a Yankee fan by the way.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Funny, I though your real-doll (tm) of Mark Snatch'ez was what you kept beneath you.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Funny, I though your real-doll (tm) of Mark Snatch'ez was what you kept beneath you.

I respect him as a successful ex-Jet, nothing more.

When Darnold busts (not my wish but QB draft odds aren't in any team's favor) it'll be the 10th anniversary of when you ran Mark Sanchez out of town.  Maybe then you'll realize your mistake and that buttfumbles and butthurt feelings at the water cooler shouldn't have clouded your judgement so.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I respect him as a successful ex-Jet, nothing more.

When Darnold busts (not my wish but QB draft odds aren't in any team's favor) it'll be the 10th anniversary of when you ran Mark Sanchez out of town.  Maybe then you'll realize your mistake and that buttfumbles and butthurt feelings at the water cooler shouldn't have clouded your judgement so.

SAR I

Sanchez sucked to high holy heaven. Couldn' read a defense to save his life. No leadership skills whatsoever. Team won in spite of his incompetence, not because of it. You constantly employ after-the - fact reasoning when it comes to him and you are incredibly redundant with it. Yes we reached the playoffs.... therefore it was because of Sanchez. Nothing could be further from correct. I guess there is nothing on planet earth to get you to stop this embarrassng idiocy. 

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

.....the 10th anniversary of when you ran Mark Sanchez out of town........

Me, personally.

My power is unlimited!

I also got Rex fired and ensured we draft Darnold, not Rosen.

POWER!

Maybe then you'll realize your mistake and that buttfumbles and butthurt feelings at the water cooler shouldn't have clouded your judgement so.

My judgement?  Think it's looking ok on this front.

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV

2014 28 PHI QB 3 9 8 4-4-0 198 309 64.1 2418 14 4.5 11 3.6 72 7.8 7.1 12.2 268.7 88.4 57.5 23 151 6.83 6.18 6.9     7
2015 29 PHI qb 3 4 2 0-2-0 59 91 64.8 616 4 4.4 4 4.4 43 6.8 5.7 10.4 154.0 80.7 34.4 9 54 5.62 4.62 9.0     2
2016 30 DAL   3 2 0   10 18 55.6 93 0 0.0 2 11.1 33 5.2 0.2 9.3 46.5 30.3 3.2 3 25 3.24 -1.05 14.3     0

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Sanchez sucked to high holy heaven. Couldn' read a defense to save his life. No leadership skills whatsoever. Team won in spite of his incompetence, not because of it. You constantly employ after-the - fact reasoning when it comes to him and you are incredibly redundant with it. Yes we reached the playoffs.... therefore it was because of Sanchez. Nothing could be further from correct. I guess there is nothing on planet earth to get you to stop this embarrassng idiocy. 

Show me an NFL team with consecutive playoff campaigns, 4 playoff wins, and a "sucked to high holy heaven" caliber quarterback.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Me, personally.

My power is unlimited!

I also got Rex fired and ensured we draft Darnold, not Rosen.

POWER!

Not the literal "you" but the figurative "you" as in the subset of Jets fans who rooted against Mark and lobbied to have him replaced prematurely and by a lesser quarterback.  Such geniuses.  Such brilliant football minds.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

My judgement?  Think it's looking ok on this front.

Mark wasn't any good after the one-two punch of the shoulder injury and the betrayal by the head coach who one minute is having him live in his house and the next minute is throwing him under the bus.  And I could care less what he amounted to after he left New York.  It is his tenure here that I am concerned with and the legacy he deserves.

History shows that Mark Sanchez was the best quarterback the Jets have had from 1974-2017 and that Rex Ryan was unfit to be a head coach.  These are facts.  They are quantifiable.  They can't be disputed.

SAR I

Archived