Safety Vacarro might meet with Jets.

C Mart

Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo)

5/14/18, 6:20 PM

S Kenny Vaccaro has visited the Dolphins and is meeting with the Colts starting tonight. If he gets out of Indy, he’ll meet with the Jets, source says pic.twitter.com/cTv6KarkNv

Sounds like his agent is trying to squeeze more $$ from Indy. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point he'd be vying for a backup spot. We have 5 safeties on the roster (Adams, Maye, Miles, Terrence Brooks, and Doug Middleton) and I expect four to make the final 53.

One more man for added competition wouldn't hurt. 

6 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

We could have had the Honey badger, but Todd said he did not know how to use him? So instead let's sign a much less versatile Box safety..

Wrong. He said he did know how to use him

“You can never have enough good football players. I know how I would’ve used him, but,” Bowles said. “He has a chance to go start. We just got two young safeties the year before, so that would’ve been tough for him to come here.”

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

“You can never have enough good football players. I know how I would’ve used him, but,” Bowles said. “He has a chance to go start. We just got two young safeties the year before, so that would’ve been tough for him to come here.”

Which is why you don't over board on drafting non premium positions, those guys some of who are still pretty good shake loose.

37 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

We could have had the Honey badger, but Todd said he did not know how to use him? So instead let's sign a much less versatile Box safety..

Lol

He named plays after badger and won a super bowl as a safety you don't think he knows how to use him? 

It was a playing time issue 

Which is why you don't over board on drafting non premium positions, those guys some of who are still pretty good shake loose.

The Jets have literally have not had a decent FS since Eric McMillan. Maye might be the first one to break a very long streak.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

The Jets have literally have not had a decent FS since Eric McMillan. Maye might be the first one to break a very long streak.

A quality play making fs is way more valuable than a box safety.  We draft guys like dts and safeties and ilbs all who come free at fa time. 

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Any chance to bash Bowles is a good one around here lol...makes no difference if it's true or not. 

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

What’s wrong with you ruining an excellent but false narrative!!!! :)  

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

It is amusing to hear Bowles acting like his D was so good honey badger may not even start on his 17th ranked D ?

A quality play making fs is way more valuable than a box safety.  We draft guys like dts and safeties and ilbs all who come free at fa time. 

Adams played various positions last season. Not just in the box. A good SS that can play in the box as well as cover is very hard to find. The guys you mention are terrible. Thats why they are available every season.

The Safety market completely fell off a cliff this year in Free Agency.  There is too much supply and not enough demand, yet the Jets went to that well twice in the Draft last year.  I'm still scratching my head over it.  Don't get me wrong, I like both Adams and Maye but there was no reason to double dip at S in my opinion.  We could have signed a good FA to pair with Adams, and we'd have either a starting RB like Dalvin Cook or Alvin Kamara, or a young long-term starting Center like Ethan Pocic or Pat Elflein (both made the PFWA All Rookie Team).  Even more interestingly, we could have taken Ju Ju Smith-Schuster instead in Round 2 and he'd now be reunited with his college QB, Sam Darnold.

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The Safety market completely fell off a cliff this year in Free Agency.  There is too much supply and not enough demand, yet the Jets went to that well twice in the Draft last year.  I'm still scratching my head over it.  Don't get me wrong, I like both Adams and Maye but there was no reason to double dip at S in my opinion.  We could have signed a good FA to pair with Adams, and we'd have either a starting RB like Dalvin Cook or Alvin Kamara, or a young long-term starting Center like Ethan Pocic or Pat Elflein (both made the PFWA All Rookie Team).  Even more interestingly, we could have taken Ju Ju Smith-Schuster instead in Round 2 and he'd now be reunited with his college QB, Sam Darnold.

Uh, you’re only allowed to do this exercise with Idzik’s drafts, bud. It’s a rule around here, from what I understand.

Archived