Safety Vacarro might meet with Jets.

C Mart

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

This is why I hated the Maye draft pick.  Especially with Dalvin Cook sitting there.  There are so many safeties that could be had in FA to pass on a talent like Cook for a guy like Maye seemed so irresponsible.  

For all these people bitching about our OL Cam Robinson we passed on for Adams.  Forget Watson.  Cam Robinson is going to be a top 5 Left Tackle the next 10-12 years

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

For all these people bitching about our OL Cam Robinson we passed on for Adams.  Forget Watson.  Cam Robinson is going to be a top 5 Left Tackle the next 10-12 years

Like many other things, you say this quite often.  There are people that disagree with you.  I am one of them. PFF graded him 37.6.  That is 77th out of 81 tackles.  I think he had a surprisingly good rookie season and take all PFF grades with a grain of salt, but IMO he was not that great of a prospect and he would probably be a horrible fit for what the Jets are trying to do anyway. 

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I was thinking they might want to use him at LB, but he is a bit on the light side.  

Vaccaro has started to log snaps at free safety, which might be the last item left on his checklist. If you look at his list of responsibilities from last season, there were times when he played strong safety, nickel cornerback, linebacker and as a pressure player.

The Saints drafted Marcus Wllliams last year at #42 and he outplayed Adams and Mayes, I guess that made Vaccaro expendable. 

See above.  Vaccaro was versatile.  He has sacks, passes defensed, INTs.  He's still not getting big money. 

He has 4 teams talking to him because of it

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Like many other things, you say this quite often.  There are people that disagree with you.  I am one of them. PFF graded him 37.6.  That is 77th out of 81 tackles.  I think he had a surprisingly good rookie season and take all PFF grades with a grain of salt, but IMO he was not that great of a prospect and he would probably be a horrible fit for what the Jets are trying to do anyway. 

Amazing how people like you consider PFF gospel.  Those were the same people who projected Cam Robinson to be a Guard and now have egg on their face

Agreed.  He is not likely to be expensive this late in the offseason.  He does not have to be better than Adams or Maye, but if he is better than Miles, Brooks or Middleton, he is an upgrade.  No harm in bringing him in for a visit and no reason that I can see for all the outrage just because he is another Safety.
I'm not sure if the other teams want him as a starter so he has options. Could raise the price too...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

This is why I hated the Maye draft pick.  Especially with Dalvin Cook sitting there.  There are so many safeties that could be had in FA to pass on a talent like Cook for a guy like Maye seemed so irresponsible.  

Cheers

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Jamal ain’t one of them

We really dont know that yet. After his first season all we can say is that he will at least be a solid pro (barring injury). If he develops into an Eric Berry type he is worth the 6th pick all day long.

Archived