Saquon Barkley Bros Out with Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold | TMZ Sports

Jetsbb

Who was the TMZ reporter asking the moronic questions?  What a colossal jackass. He should be fired for asking Barkley to make a Darnold-Namath comparison.  If that's not stupid enough, to repeat several times that Sam should wear a fur coat (like Namath did) was just pathetic.  

If Sam Darnold turns out to be a franchise QB, the Giants will rue the day they passed on him for a generational RB, lol, do you know how many times I've heard that said before an NFL draft? Eli is going on 38 years old & I can tell you just by LOOKING he's not even close to the physical health that old man Tom Brady is in.

Old slow guy who tries to extend plays behind a bad oline, I give Eli 9 games before he's injured.

That's the TMZ strategy.  Throw out as many stupid questions and comments as possible and hope that you get one or two in return from an unprepared budding famous person that you can then parade on your website and TV show for 48 hours.  Sleeze media.

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

If Sam Darnold turns out to be a franchise QB, the Giants will rue the day they passed on him for a generational RB, lol, do you know how many times I've heard that said before an NFL draft? Eli is going on 38 years old & I can tell you just by LOOKING he's not even close to the physical health that old man Tom Brady is in.

Old slow guy who tries to extend plays behind a bad oline, I give Eli 9 games before he's injured.

Kind of an off-the-wall prediction since he's never had a serious injury in his long career.  One thing about Eli that he has proven beyond any reasonable doubt: He is durable, an "iron-man" by today's NFL standards (just like Rivers).  So your prediction is without warrant.  And with an improved OL in front of him, that reduces the likelihood.

29 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Kind of an off-the-wall prediction since he's never had a serious injury in his long career.  One thing about Eli that he has proven beyond any reasonable doubt: He is durable, an "iron-man" by today's NFL standards (just like Rivers).  So your prediction is without warrant.  And with an improved OL in front of him, that reduces the likelihood.

It's just a hunch based on how Payton started to finally break down. Same Genes, I suspect at 38 the NFL starts taking its toll. People forget that Nate Solder had some back issues before & he's older now. The Giants defense was horrific last year & I dont see that they've done anything to improve it. That tells me they'll be on the field a lot, Giants offense will be forced to press each & every possession which puts QBs in the crosshairs. Plus, the Eagles, Vikings & Rams are far superior teams in the NFL & they get the Eagles twice, maybe in the playoffs for 3 times, and the Eagles added Michael Bennett to that Dline, scary.

27 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

It would have been nice if the Jets already had a QB and could have drafted Saquon.  The dude is a Jets fan and his favorite player was Curtis Martin.  He has the same type of class as Curtis and even more physical talent.

I’m curious what most giant fans wanted. Barkley or darnold. I don’t want jet karma coming back to bite us because we trash the giants for passing on darnold. Barkley is a sure thing as they come. May actually watch the giants now at 4pm ha

11 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I’m curious what most giant fans wanted. Barkley or darnold. I don’t want jet karma coming back to bite us because we trash the giants for passing on darnold. Barkley is a sure thing as they come. May actually watch the giants now at 4pm ha

I always watch the Giants when they are not up against the Jets.  New York football.  And otherwise it's the honey-do list.

I would have been extremely upset if the Jets had drafted Barkley (had he been available) over Darnold. Nothing can turn a franchise around faster than a QB and they last twice as long as an RB -- even a really great one.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I always watch the Giants when they are not up against the Jets.  New York football.  And otherwise it's the honey-do list.

They have always been boring to me. Beckham is a exciting play maker to watch, but can’t stand his attitude so hard to root for him. Watching Eli move around sadly reminds me of my old dog trying to get Down the steps in her last year ?. Barkley is going to be a very exciting to watch. Running, receiving, and returning. So I will watch. He will make Eli look better

Poor kids. They deserve all the money and tang they get for having to put up with the media. I'm not sure it's worth it. Imagine douche's like this sticking a mic in your face all the time.

Kind of cool that the two new stars of NY are friends. And that they let Baker hang out with them.

In a few years it will be Darnold as the star. Barkley as a free agent and Baker as the guy who shouldn't have gone # 1 overall.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Kind of cool that the two new stars of NY are friends. And that they let Baker hang out with them.

In a few years it will be Darnold as the star. Barkley as a free agent and Baker as the guy who shouldn't have gone # 1 overall.

Barkley won’t end his career without playing for the jets eventually.

2 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

It would have been nice if the Jets already had a QB and could have drafted Saquon.  The dude is a Jets fan and his favorite player was Curtis Martin.  He has the same type of class as Curtis and even more physical talent.

This was my plan and why I wanted Mahomes last year...

But I am off that now.....

It's all about Darnold for me....... :) 

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

You have a Jetsons butt fumble coming your way.

5 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I like how he handled him but wonder if he can stay that patient with D-bags like that long term.  TMZ is the pits.

Well he handled it pretty well and it didn't seem to phase him. I think he will do well based on what I have seen and wish him well.

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

Who was the TMZ reporter asking the moronic questions?  What a colossal jackass. He should be fired for asking Barkley to make a Darnold-Namath comparison.  If that's not stupid enough, to repeat several times that Sam should wear a fur coat (like Namath did) was just pathetic.  

Unfortunately that’s the media world nowadays. Everyone looking to be an unprofessional jackass hoping to trick a player so they slip up and give a sound byte to play over and over for days. 

Barstool sports is another group of jackass neanderthals. 

13 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

I like how Saquon handled himself. The guy sounds like a class act. Too bad he's a Giant. 

I will root for Barkley.  I HATE the Giants. HATE. But Saquon is a good kid. And we have a lot in common: Jets fans.

Archived