Rotoworld: NFL's Best GM's 2018

MDL_JET

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/79956/57/nfls-best-gms-2018?pg=2

It's a pain in the ass to copy and paste the entire thing but here's how they rank them...

1. Bill Belichick, Patriots

2. Kevin Colbert, Steelers

3. Howie Roseman, Eagles

4. Thomas Dimitroff, Falcons

5. Ozzie Newsome, Ravens

6. Rick Spielman, Vikings

7. John Schneider, Seahawks

8. Steve Keim, Cardinals 

9. John Elway, Broncos

10. Mickey Loomis, Saints

11. Dave Caldwell/Tom Coughlin, Jaguars

12. Les Snead, Rams

13. Jerry Jones/Stephen Jones, Cowboys

14. Tom Telesco, Chargers

15. Marvin Lewis/Duke Tobin/Mike Brown, Bengals

16. Jon Robinson, Titans

17. Reggie McKenzie, Raiders

18. John Lynch, 49ers

19. Bob Quinn, Lions

20. Chris Ballard, Colts

21. Brandon Beane, Bills

22. Mike Maccagnan, Jets

23. Ryan Pace, Bears

24. Jason Licht, Bucs

25. Bruce Allen/Doug Williams, Redskins

26. Mike Tannenbaum, Dolphins

-The rest are new hires-

Thoughts???

I think John Elway is ranked way too high. I think Loomis should be higher just based off his draft of last year alone. And love that everyone agrees that Tannenbaum is the absolute worst. Let's hope he stays for a while. 

I think Macc is ranked way too low.  Sure the 5 win seasons are hurting him but the work he did to turn a roster void of any talent into a contender in 2015 and potentially in 2018, he will move up.  By the end of 2019, he could be top 5 if the Jets are a playoff team because of Darnold and his free agent crop from this year and next.

Also, the top 8 look pretty accurate with the exception of Ozzie Newsome.  That is a legacy rank based on his history and longevity at his spot.  But Baltimore is pretty irrelevant right now.  Lamar Jackson may change that but if you want to give him credit for that then Macc needs more credit for getting Darnold.

And Elway May be the most overrated person in the entire league.  Not just GMs.  He is the most overrated person in all of GMs, HCs, and players right now in the league.

Roseman should be #1. He did a great job putting the Eagles together doing some moves that looked like head-scratchers at the time that turned out to be genius. Belicick owns the Garapolo trade whether he privately approved it or not. It was a completely stupid move for that organization. And what on earth have Marvin Lewis, Reggie McKenzie, or Brandon Beane accomplished? All those teams regressed, and the Bills were effectively turned into a division II college team over the past year.

4 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Roseman should be #1. He did a great job putting the Eagles together doing some moves that looked like head-scratchers at the time that turned out to be genius. Belicick owns the Garapolo trade whether he privately approved it or not. It was a completely stupid move for that organization. And what on earth have Marvin Lewis, Reggie McKenzie, or Brandon Beane accomplished? All those teams regressed, and the Bills were effectively turned into a division II college team over the past year.

Agree with all of this. A lot of these teams I feel like are saved by the QB or HC. Yes, they drafted or hired them but a lot of them have failed to push the team forward after that. Chargers have been barely able to reach the playoffs, I like the last couple years of what they done but they've failed to take advantage of having a top QB. 

Belichick is definitely a tough one to really evaluate, as I feel like you could be all over the place with that.  Obviously, as much as we hate the Pats and you know, they cheat, you can't really ignore their endlessly ongoing success year after year.  With that said, their drafts have been absolutely awful for a very, very long time.  On the flip side, they definitely have quite the penchant for getting a very good ROI on their mid-to-low level FA signings.  My initial reaction was that it's a bit ridiculous to give the #1 spot to such a horrible drafter, but in the end they've still been successful.  Of course, if the team completely falls apart once Brady is gone, that would be a different story.

I also definitely agree with others that Elway's ranking is rather laughable.

13 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I think Macc is ranked way too low.  Sure the 5 win seasons are hurting him but the work he did to turn a roster void of any talent into a contender in 2015 and potentially in 2018, he will move up.  By the end of 2019, he could be top 5 if the Jets are a playoff team because of Darnold and his free agent crop from this year and next.

Mac is looking good lately since Heimerdinger was promoted.  Otherwise, to date his overall body or work is about 22.  

PFF just published an article on the Top 25 NFL Players under 25.  I trimmed up the commentary and graphics.  Most if not all of these players were drafted during Mac's tenure as GM.  Many of them were not available to the Jets.  But Mac PASSED ON the players in italics for winners like Christian Hackenburg-MORE THAN HALF .  This is why the Jets have picked 6th 3 times in four years.  Mac needs to draft better.  Hopefully he has started to.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-25-under-25-for-2018

1.  JOEY BOSA, EDGE, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

2. JALEN RAMSEY, CB, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

3. LANDON COLLINS, S, NEW YORK GIANTS

4. DEFOREST BUCKNER, DI, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

5. DEION JONES, LB, ATLANTA FALCONS

T6. TRE’DAVIOUS WHITE, CB, BUFFALO BILLS

T6. MARSHON LATTIMORE, CB, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

8. MYLES GARRETT, EDGE, CLEVELAND BROWNS

9. EZEKIEL ELLIOTT, RB, DALLAS COWBOYS

10. ALVIN KAMARA, RB, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

11. MIKE EVANS, WR, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

12. TODD GURLEY, RB, LOS ANGELES RAMS

13. KAREEM HUNT, RB, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

14. CHRIS JONES, DI, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

15. STEFON DIGGS, WR, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

16. LEONARD WILLIAMS, DI, NEW YORK JETS

17. YANNICK NGAKOUE, EDGE, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

18. TYREEK HILL, WR, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

19. JACK CONKLIN, OT, TENNESSEE TITANS.

20. JAMEIS WINSTON, QB, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEER

21. MARCUS MARIOTA, QB, TENNESSEE TITANS

22. KEVIN BYARD, S, TENNESSEE TITANS

23. RYAN RAMCZYK, OT, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

24. HUNTER HENRY, TE, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

25. RONALD DARBY, CB, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

to me personally, the guy whose team has gone 72-40 with five division titles, two conference championships, and a Super Bowl ring, is way too high, but the guy whose team has gone 20-28 with no playoff appearances, is way too low. jmho

40 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Thoughts???

I think John Elway is ranked way too high. I think Loomis should be higher just based off his draft of last year alone. And love that everyone agrees that Tannenbaum is the absolute worst. Let's hope he stays for a while. 

Elway got his team to a Super Bowl with a crazy offense, then won a Super Bowl with a crazy good defense.  That rates top 10 to me.

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

Mac is looking good lately since Heimerdinger was promoted.  Otherwise, to date his overall body or work is about 22.  

PFF just published an article on the Top 25 NFL Players under 25.  I trimmed up the commentary and graphics.  Most if not all of these players were drafted during Mac's tenure as GM.  Many of them were not available to the Jets.  But Mac PASSED ON the players in italics for winners like Christian Hackenburg-MORE THAN HALF .  This is why the Jets have picked 6th 3 times in four years.  Mac needs to draft better.  Hopefully he has started to.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-25-under-25-for-2018

1.  JOEY BOSA, EDGE, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

2. JALEN RAMSEY, CB, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

3. LANDON COLLINS, S, NEW YORK GIANTS

4. DEFOREST BUCKNER, DI, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

5. DEION JONES, LB, ATLANTA FALCONS

T6. TRE’DAVIOUS WHITE, CB, BUFFALO BILLS

T6. MARSHON LATTIMORE, CB, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

8. MYLES GARRETT, EDGE, CLEVELAND BROWNS

9. EZEKIEL ELLIOTT, RB, DALLAS COWBOYS

10. ALVIN KAMARA, RB, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

11. MIKE EVANS, WR, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

12. TODD GURLEY, RB, LOS ANGELES RAMS

13. KAREEM HUNT, RB, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

14. CHRIS JONES, DI, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

15. STEFON DIGGS, WR, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

16. LEONARD WILLIAMS, DI, NEW YORK JETS

17. YANNICK NGAKOUE, EDGE, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

18. TYREEK HILL, WR, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

19. JACK CONKLIN, OT, TENNESSEE TITANS.

20. JAMEIS WINSTON, QB, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEER

21. MARCUS MARIOTA, QB, TENNESSEE TITANS

22. KEVIN BYARD, S, TENNESSEE TITANS

23. RYAN RAMCZYK, OT, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

24. HUNTER HENRY, TE, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

25. RONALD DARBY, CB, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

You are right, he completely missed on Hack.  But even if you replace the Hack pick, it gives us one more person from the list.  

Last year was a complete tear down.  We as basically nothing left over from the previous regime.  As the surrounding cast improves and as they gain experience, I think players like Shell, Jordan Jenkins, Adams, and Maye could vastly improve.  If Darnold is anywhere near as good as he was his RS Freahman year at USC, it is conceivable that the entire offense (players) will be much better.

And going forward, his draft picks may be able to come in and be successful when we are not asking them to immediately be the best player on their side of the ball.

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

to me personally, the guy whose team has gone 72-40 with five division titles, two conference championships, and a Super Bowl ring, is way too high, but the guy whose team has gone 20-28 with no playoff appearances is way too low. jmho

Elway is interchangeable with any of the top 4.

Just now, Pcola said:

You are right, he completely missed on Hack.  But even if you replace the Hack pick, it gives us one more person from the list.  

Last year was a complete tear down.  We as basically nothing left over from the previous regime.  As the surrounding cast improves and as they gain experience, I think players like Shell, Jordan Jenkins, Adams, and Maye could vastly improve.  If Darnold is anywhere near as good as he was his RS Freahman year at USC, it is conceivable that the entire offense (players) will be much better.

And going forward, his draft picks may be able to come in and be successful when we are not asking them to immediately be the best player on their side of the ball.

Oh stop it already. Macc has his whole career tied to this years draft. If Darnold turns out to be mediocre and the Jets keep losing he becomes #32 on the list if he even remains part of the list.

8 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Elway got his team to a Super Bowl with a crazy offense, then won a Super Bowl with a crazy good defense.  That rates top 10 to me.

I mean if you want to give him credit for recruiting Peyton Manning, sure. After Peyton was there, everyone else followed. 

Life after Peyton is looking a little rough for Elway, not as easy when you don't have a HOF QB to support you.

I would change the order at the top but I think the Top 8 are correct.  Would probably move Keim a little higher and Roseman should be in the mix for #1 given what he's done on both sides of the ball.  Belichick gets too much credit for riding Tom Brady and his hometown discounts for the better part of 18 years.

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

I mean if you want to give him credit for recruiting Peyton Manning, sure. After Peyton was there, everyone else followed. 

Life after Peyton is looking a little rough for Elway, not as easy when you don't have a HOF QB to support you.

Peyton pretty much stunk his last year so not sure why you feel that way.

They built a killer defense that carried the team well enough so that even a washed up Peyton could manage the games.

Will be interesting if Keenum makes Elway look smart again.

Bellichick being 1st is an utter joke.  When you have a HOF QB and the kind of great coaching he has it covers up for a lot of mistakes and he has made just a friggin ton.

He has had a LONG list of utter fail draft picks some to rival the jets for bad picks.  Guys like the OL he just dumped to the jets he also has gotten nothing out of derrick rivers a 1st rounder on Dominique easily.  He has given way impact players for peanuts (See Chandler Jones, 28 sacks the last two years, 17 last year) Big pick up of brandin cooks....oops! gone the next year.

Mickie Loomis at 10 is too low.  His 2017 draft alone should vault him up higher.

6 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Peyton pretty much stunk his last year so not sure why you feel that way.

They built a killer defense that carried the team well enough so that even a washed up Peyton could manage the games.

Will be interesting if Keenum makes Elway look smart again.

My point was that since Peyton was there, it's a pretty easy recruiting job for top free agents to come in. I did like their draft this year but we'll see if it comes together. 

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bellichick being 1st is an utter joke.  When you have a HOF QB and the kind of great coaching he has it covers up for a lot of mistakes and he has made just a friggin ton.

He has had a LONG list of utter fail draft picks some to rival the jets for bad picks.  Guys like the OL he just dumped to the jets he also has gotten nothing out of derrick rivers a 1st rounder on Dominique easily.  He has given way impact players for peanuts (See Chandler Jones, 28 sacks the last two years, 17 last year) Big pick up of brandin cooks....oops! gone the next year.

you have brain parasites

29 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

They went 5-11 last year.  Remind me again, how did we do? 

Reading these two write-ups, it's hard to see how they put Beane ahead of Maccagnan: 

21. Brandon Beane, Bills

Handpicked by coach Sean McDermott last May, Brandon Beane helped oversee a squad that clinched the Bills’ first playoff appearance in 18 years, albeit in less than impressive fashion. The Bills’ -57 point differential was the 12th worst in football, and the worst for a playoff team since Tim Tebow’s Broncos. McDermott and Beane also made things harder on themselves, selling low on Marcell Dareuswhile falling into the trap of being too in love with former players, in this case Kelvin Benjamin. That did not dampen McDermott and Beane’s appetite to deal this spring. They made not one, but two trade ups for Wyoming’s Josh Allen, the riskiest high-end quarterback prospect in ages. The Bills have hitched their wagon to last year’s Honorable Mention Mountain West quarterback. It was certainly daring but perhaps not the right approach for a team that needs an infusion of young talent on both sides of the ball. The Bills surrendered the No. 53 and 56 picks for the right to move up five spots. However it turns out, it will be a career-defining move for Beane. His predecessor — Doug Whaley, who engineered the Bills’ 2013 selection of E.J. Manuel — knows a thing or two about that.

22. Mike Maccagnan, Jets

5-11 is a matter of perspective. In 2016, it was calamitous for the Jets, an epic fail of a season after the previous year’s narrow playoff miss. In 2017, it was a pleasant surprise, proof things could turn around faster than expected in Florham Park. At the center of it all is Mike Maccagnan, who has managed to see it all in just three years on the job. After reloading in 2015, doubling down in 2016 and rebuilding in 2017, Maccagnan now has something he previously lacked: A potential franchise player. Thanks to the Jets’ stadium mates in the Giants, Sam Darnold fell into Maccagnan’s lap at No. 3 overall. Like all quarterback prospects, Darnold divides opinion, but his upside is immense at only 21 years of age (in June). He’s a building block the Jets have lacked since 2009, the last time they traded up for a signal caller. Maccagnan needs Darnold to be better than Mark Sanchez, but his presence allows Maccagnan to better focus on the Big Picture now that he’s finally answered the Big Question of quarterback.    

Also, Tannenbaum dead last is funny: 

26. Mike Tannenbaum, Dolphins

In the midst of a typically noisy and expensive free agency in 2017, Mike Tannenbaum signed S T.J. McDonald to a one-year, $1.34 million deal. It was a low-risk flier on a player facing an eight-game suspension, the sort of move a shrewd general manager might make. Except Tannenbaum then gave McDonald a four-year, $24 million extension before he ever even played a down for the Dolphins. Nothing had changed. McDonald’s suspension remained. Tannenbaum simply thought he deserved an extension for … a strong preseason? It’s unclear what exactly the thinking was. That’s been a standard theme for Tannenbaum, both in MIami and New York. McDonald’s new deal joined a rich tradition of dubious extensions Tannenbaum began with Andre Branch and Kiko Alonso. So the process was bad. What about the result? Zero games into McDonald’s Dolphins career? Extension. Eight games into McDonald’s Dolphins career? His replacement is drafted with the No. 11 overall pick.

Tannenbaum is a man without a plan, with the one constant being bad deals. Acquiring Alonso and Byron Maxwell. Signing Jermon Bushrod to play guard. Re-signing Jermon Bushrod to play guard. Replacing Olivier Vernon with Mario Williams. Surrendering 2017 third- and fourth-rounders to trade back into the third round for Leonte Carroo in 2016. Taking on Julius Thomas’ contract. Giving every last Albert Wilson a multi-year deal. This is just a sampling of Tannenbaum’s questionable moves, and says nothing of the Dolphins’ baffling tendency to avoid second contracts with homegrown players. Maybe Chris Grier would be a good general manager with Tannenbaum out of his way. Maybe coach Adam Gase is deserving of greater influence. Maybe meddlesome owner Stephen Ross makes all of this impossible. Maybe. What’s for certain is that Tannenbaum has made it clear he should not be leading an NFL front office. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Reading these two write-ups, it's hard to see how they put Beane ahead of Maccagnan: 

21. Brandon Beane, Bills

Handpicked by coach Sean McDermott last May, Brandon Beane helped oversee a squad that clinched the Bills’ first playoff appearance in 18 years, albeit in less than impressive fashion. The Bills’ -57 point differential was the 12th worst in football, and the worst for a playoff team since Tim Tebow’s Broncos. McDermott and Beane also made things harder on themselves, selling low on Marcell Dareuswhile falling into the trap of being too in love with former players, in this case Kelvin Benjamin. That did not dampen McDermott and Beane’s appetite to deal this spring. They made not one, but two trade ups for Wyoming’s Josh Allen, the riskiest high-end quarterback prospect in ages. The Bills have hitched their wagon to last year’s Honorable Mention Mountain West quarterback. It was certainly daring but perhaps not the right approach for a team that needs an infusion of young talent on both sides of the ball. The Bills surrendered the No. 53 and 56 picks for the right to move up five spots. However it turns out, it will be a career-defining move for Beane. His predecessor — Doug Whaley, who engineered the Bills’ 2013 selection of E.J. Manuel — knows a thing or two about that.

22. Mike Maccagnan, Jets

5-11 is a matter of perspective. In 2016, it was calamitous for the Jets, an epic fail of a season after the previous year’s narrow playoff miss. In 2017, it was a pleasant surprise, proof things could turn around faster than expected in Florham Park. At the center of it all is Mike Maccagnan, who has managed to see it all in just three years on the job. After reloading in 2015, doubling down in 2016 and rebuilding in 2017, Maccagnan now has something he previously lacked: A potential franchise player. Thanks to the Jets’ stadium mates in the Giants, Sam Darnold fell into Maccagnan’s lap at No. 3 overall. Like all quarterback prospects, Darnold divides opinion, but his upside is immense at only 21 years of age (in June). He’s a building block the Jets have lacked since 2009, the last time they traded up for a signal caller. Maccagnan needs Darnold to be better than Mark Sanchez, but his presence allows Maccagnan to better focus on the Big Picture now that he’s finally answered the Big Question of quarterback.    

Also, Tannenbaum dead last is funny: 

26. Mike Tannenbaum, Dolphins

In the midst of a typically noisy and expensive free agency in 2017, Mike Tannenbaum signed S T.J. McDonald to a one-year, $1.34 million deal. It was a low-risk flier on a player facing an eight-game suspension, the sort of move a shrewd general manager might make. Except Tannenbaum then gave McDonald a four-year, $24 million extension before he ever even played a down for the Dolphins. Nothing had changed. McDonald’s suspension remained. Tannenbaum simply thought he deserved an extension for … a strong preseason? It’s unclear what exactly the thinking was. That’s been a standard theme for Tannenbaum, both in MIami and New York. McDonald’s new deal joined a rich tradition of dubious extensions Tannenbaum began with Andre Branch and Kiko Alonso. So the process was bad. What about the result? Zero games into McDonald’s Dolphins career? Extension. Eight games into McDonald’s Dolphins career? His replacement is drafted with the No. 11 overall pick.

Tannenbaum is a man without a plan, with the one constant being bad deals. Acquiring Alonso and Byron Maxwell. Signing Jermon Bushrod to play guard. Re-signing Jermon Bushrod to play guard. Replacing Olivier Vernon with Mario Williams. Surrendering 2017 third- and fourth-rounders to trade back into the third round for Leonte Carroo in 2016. Taking on Julius Thomas’ contract. Giving every last Albert Wilson a multi-year deal. This is just a sampling of Tannenbaum’s questionable moves, and says nothing of the Dolphins’ baffling tendency to avoid second contracts with homegrown players. Maybe Chris Grier would be a good general manager with Tannenbaum out of his way. Maybe coach Adam Gase is deserving of greater influence. Maybe meddlesome owner Stephen Ross makes all of this impossible. Maybe. What’s for certain is that Tannenbaum has made it clear he should not be leading an NFL front office. 

Ya think?

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Big pick up of brandin cooks....oops! gone the next year.

Um... dude, they got Cooks and #118(58) for #32(590) and #103(88).  By the value chart, that cost them a net 620 points.  They traded him this year with #136(38) for #23(760) and #198(12.2).  That netted 734.2 points on the draft value chart.  Seems like a smart way to handle a player that helped them get to the super bowl.  One year of Cooks, plus the equivalent of a comp pick in the 3rd. 

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

How did they do the 5 years before that?  Us? 

lol you just mentioned they went 5-11 last year. Proving my point life after Peyton isn't so easy. I'm not comparing any of them to Mac, I think he's where he should be on the list. I just think Elway is too high.

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

lol you just mentioned they went 5-11 last year. Proving my point life after Peyton isn't so easy. I'm not comparing any of them to Mac, I think he's where he should be on the list. I just think Elway is too high.

Manning retired after 2015.  Siemian started in 2016 and they went 9-7.  I'm not looking to rate Elway super high, but the team has certainly been more successful than the Jets over Maccagnan's tenure. 

A GM's number 1 job is to find a franchise QB - which usually requires draft position and a lot of luck

Once that's in place it really frees them up to show their stuff with building a team around said QB.

I'm excited to see what Mac can do over the next couple of years.

I've always liked him but I had been souring but after the brilliant early trade to get up to #3 I am all in on Mac.  He single handedly got us Sam Darnold and he had back up plans to back up plans on the off-season.  It's all very well reasoned. 

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Belichick is definitely a tough one to really evaluate, as I feel like you could be all over the place with that.  Obviously, as much as we hate the Pats and you know, they cheat, you can't really ignore their endlessly ongoing success year after year.  With that said, their drafts have been absolutely awful for a very, very long time.  On the flip side, they definitely have quite the penchant for getting a very good ROI on their mid-to-low level FA signings.  My initial reaction was that it's a bit ridiculous to give the #1 spot to such a horrible drafter, but in the end they've still been successful.  Of course, if the team completely falls apart once Brady is gone, that would be a different story.

I also definitely agree with others that Elway's ranking is rather laughable.

Belichick would never get away with some of his STUPID moves if he didn't have the GOAT at QB for the last 18 years. Hell, any other QB in that Super Bowl but Brady & the Eagles would have won by 20! The dude put up 505 yards against a top 3 defense & got a Hail Mary into the endzone close enough to Gronk to make every Eagles fan in the country sh*t their pants a little bit. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Um... dude, they got Cooks and #118(58) for #32(590) and #103(88).  By the value chart, that cost them a net 620 points.  They traded him this year with #136(38) for #23(760) and #198(12.2).  That netted 734.2 points on the draft value chart.  Seems like a smart way to handle a player that helped them get to the super bowl.  One year of Cooks, plus the equivalent of a comp pick in the 3rd. 

It follows the ne path of getting a player then dumping him the next year.  Isn't the object of the game to get good players and keep them?

The jets draft and then dump players like mo wilk and richardson and get killed for losing value the pats do it all the time and get praised for it.

30 minutes ago, David Harris said:

A GM's number 1 job is to find a franchise QB - which usually requires draft position and a lot of luck

Once that's in place it really frees them up to show their stuff with building a team around said QB.

I'm excited to see what Mac can do over the next couple of years.

I've always liked him but I had been souring but after the brilliant early trade to get up to #3 I am all in on Mac.  He single handedly got us Sam Darnold and he had back up plans to back up plans on the off-season.  It's all very well reasoned. 

I think Mac has done a pretty good job. No GM is perfect. I think after this season, Mac will work his way into the top 20, possibly the top 15. We will see how these top GMs look after they lose their QBs to retirement and start to go downhill. 

Archived