" NFL Network's Charley Casserly Highlights the 5 teams he believes improved the Most this Offseason " ~ ~ ~

kelly

4 hours ago, Jetscreen said:

Oh god I love this.  That very primitive and limited thinking that says if you think A you MUST think B also because the thoughts can't possibly be mutually exclusive. Like if you think women having abortions is disgusting,  you must be a chauvinist? I take it logic isn't your strong suit? 

It's just like when you know your buddy is a kool aid drinking fool Jet fan.  He thought the Jets were going to win 10 games last year. You tell him he's embarrassing himself with that nonsense and the Jets won't win even half that amount. But I MUST be rooting for the Jets to lose because I bet him a 12 pack they wouldn't win anywhere close to 10 games. Brilliant. 

Feel better now, you got that out of your system?

Catharsis, man.  Catharsis.

4 hours ago, Jetscreen said:

Internet tough guys? ?? WTF are you talking about?  This is a message board where we post our beliefs about our favorite team.  Here's mine. Take it or leave it. 

I'll choose to leave it.  Thanks for posting.

9 hours ago, Jetscreen said:

What BS. I wish Charlie dingbat would come on this site and make some bets. I I'd bet him right now that they haven't even improved a single win. This team will be 5-11 again this year.  Mac has no idea how to build a team. He knows how to shop on the Kmart blue light special racks.  He's incompetent and somehow he's got Chris thinking he's wonderful. Anyway,  I'd love to silence that idiot Casserly once and for all.

At least 5-11 would likely bring us a coach with more than a couple of flickering synapses for 2019.  Perhaps the first offensive coach since Kotite?

6 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

Silencing an idiot means......tea and crumpets? 

Something like that?  Or maybe illustrating the point that hiring Mac and Blowes was a poor choice and we are no better than we were in 2014. Time for some house cleaning.?

4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Guys please please play nice without insulting each other.   

Thanks... peace. 

Note to mods... I have not insulted anyone in this thread.  Including the guy accusing me of using a racial epithet, as absurd as that is. 

2 minutes ago, Jetscreen said:

Note to mods... I have not insulted anyone in this thread.  Including the guy accusing me of using a racial epithet, as absurd as that is. 

You just responded to a mod that asked everyone nicely to lay off the insults. You also:

1. Told a poster his suggestion was "dumb"

2. Used the word retard which shows a lack of class

Here is a note for you: You shouldn't call mod attention to threads like this when you do things like that.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You just responded to a mod that asked everyone nicely to lay off the insults. You also:

1. Told a poster his suggestion was "dumb"

2. Used the word retard which shows a lack of class

Here is a note for you: You shouldn't call mod attention to threads like this when you do things like that.

However,  you admit I didn't insult a single poster in this thread.  OK. Thanks got it.

42 minutes ago, Jetscreen said:

However,  you admit I didn't insult a single poster in this thread.  OK. Thanks got it.

You insulted people with mental disability and you also insulted someone in this thread with the word dumb.

The whole premise of your point is silly. The Jets are a playoff team that is greatly improved so time will show your premise to be invalid.

47 minutes ago, Jetscreen said:

So it isn't very often that I look at the logs anymore, but you are new and seem spunky so I figured I would check. And you only messed up one time, in March. 

The question is should we ban this account or both of your accounts? I mean the other account was already banned so we could just clean them both up.

I will hang up now and take your call offline.

The new software is pretty good from the member management side. It isn't as simple as IP spoofing anymore. We rarely look, but when we see a poster like this, and it is clearly fake, it always makes us look to see who is bored lol.

On 5/19/2018 at 2:21 PM, Jetscreen said:

So are we to assume Sam Darnold is the next Joe Montana because Mac believes he can be very good? Sorry, with all due respect,  I prefer to take a wait and see approach.  I'll reserve my gushing compliments and man love for Mac until Darnold actually does arrive as a franchise QB. Until then,  all Mac is is a marginal at best GM. He's been far from identifying himself as a great GM.

I see wait and see and reserve judgement on how good the Jets can be but don't hold back and somehow you just know (and seem to relish) that they will suck.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:59 PM, Larz said:

Packers wow great off season 

Jets got some pieces, Trumaine Johnson is a very nice young player at a critical position, I guess that is why we never discuss him lololol

Pryor is the key, if he becomes a threat again a former QB out there could be a young QBs best friend 

Crowell was a swap, Williamson as well. 

Long is a minor upgrade but fits the new scheme and can help both guards so that's a plus 

If Teddy turns into a viable young backup or is traded for a solid pick that can really push this off season into the positive 

Oh yeah they got a QB 

I tend to think Crowell and Williamson are upgrades, Crowell a big one. 

On 5/19/2018 at 10:34 PM, Maxman said:

You insulted people with mental disability and you also insulted someone in this thread with the word dumb.

The whole premise of your point is silly. The Jets are a playoff team that is greatly improved so time will show your premise to be invalid.

Please do not make fun of invalids. thanks. ?

On 5/19/2018 at 12:27 PM, RoadFan said:

I still don't believe in Todd Bowles.   His in-game decision making lacks imagination and courage.  Watching him coach is like listening to the "be careful or you'll shoot your eye out" speech was to us as kids.

None of this will matter if that doesn't change. 

And 2018 is still a rebuilding a year anyway...

NFL coaches win games by preparing their team and creating a culture where players can excel. In-game decision making is so over blown and misunderstood. The fact is, Bowles decisions kept an undermanned talent depleted team IN almost every game they played last season. People that don't get that Tood Bowles is a really good HC, don't understand what a HC does. Gameday decision making is like 3% of the job.

53 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

NFL coaches win games by preparing their team and creating a culture where players can excel. In-game decision making is so over blown and misunderstood. The fact is, Bowles decisions kept an undermanned talent depleted team IN almost every game they played last season. People that don't get that Tood Bowles is a really good HC, don't understand what a HC does. Gameday decision making is like 3% of the job.

Fair, and very insightful points.  However, he made some in-game decisions that were entirely against all logic and indefensible.  Some of them the same mistakes two and three times.  And then saw fit to say 'he would do it again' or something similar.

3% or not... that is not encouraging. 

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

This is a fair point, but the exception to that is half-time adjustment. Bowles seems absolutely incapable of adapting to unexpected wrinkles presented by the opponent, or even better, actually seizing the initiative with game plan changes that throw the opponent off guard. Belicick is frankly the best at doing precisely that.

13 hours ago, Larz said:

Yeah I was asleep on that one, Crowell is a good young back 

if we can give him some Blocking.. i think he is going to be productive for us   ?

The line can’t get much worse, so yes the zone blocking can mask some of it yes. Crowell is a upgrade, but for a team that wants to run a lot, we don’t have the star rb, or definitely the run blocker studs Mac won’t sign or draft. 
   We could have went and dreamed of making the playoffs this yr had we not drafted darnold and traded 2nds. Darnold may not see the field, if he does we can’t expect him to do a lot more than McCown in his first yr. Had we drafted Chubb, or Nelson at 6, those are high impact immediate starters. We also would have likely took two immediate impact starters in the 2nd also. That would have been the best way we could have improved for next yr.
  I’m so glad we sacrificed next yr for the future. I wish we had done so last yr and not won so many games. Have darnold and are 3 second rounders also, but that’s water under the bridge now. 

I can’t figure out how to use the buttfumble icon from my phone so I will do it manually: buttfumble. The trade for the third pick is the best that Mac will ever make.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 5:23 PM, Charlie Brown said:

Guys please please play nice without insulting each other.   

Thanks... peace. 

ok,.. no worries !... but, we r fans of the jets so    ?

On 5/19/2018 at 11:20 AM, Jetscreen said:

What BS. I wish Charlie dingbat would come on this site and make some bets. I I'd bet him right now that they haven't even improved a single win. This team will be 5-11 again this year.  Mac has no idea how to build a team. He knows how to shop on the Kmart blue light special racks.  He's incompetent and somehow he's got Chris thinking he's wonderful. Anyway,  I'd love to silence that idiot Casserly once and for all.

8924FF4B-CA5F-4A93-A986-1E472D625B47.gif

On 5/19/2018 at 11:20 AM, Jetscreen said:

We got younger and better at 4  critical positions - (MLB, CB, C & RB).

Two of our best offensive players from 2016 are healthy this year (Enunwa & Winters).

We got a young franchise QB with loads of potential.

Please explain how we don't improve on our 5-11 season (barring injuries of course)?

1 hour ago, RichardTodd27 said:

We got younger and better at 4  critical positions - (MLB, CB, C & RB).

Two of our best offensive players from 2016 are healthy this year (Enunwa & Winters).

We got a young franchise QB with loads of potential.

Please explain how we don't improve on our 5-11 season (barring injuries of course)?

3 W's.. MAX    ?

Archived