I'm thankful we didn't draft Josh Allen...

Freemanm

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The link doesn’t work, partner.

Now I have to copy and paste it in the address box..jeez JetNation...why don’t you leave the paperboy-ing to the professionals.

ps. For the uptight buttfumblers like @peebag I’m just giving Freemanm a hard time. It’s like..a joke..because you know..those are still in style these days. 

Buncha’ hacks around here man. Getting tired of this board.?

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

The link doesn’t work 

I pasted link in browser, hesitantly.... 

and its really no big deal. allen basically did what he did on the field against a good defense. He folded and said something like... well he's one of the best DBs. Deer in headlights, that is Allen.

Here's how Bills rookie QB Josh Allen responded to Jalen Ramsey's trash talk

The Bills went into the offseason with a glaring need at quarterback. It became clear midway through last season that the team didn't consider Tyrod Taylor the long-term answer. And, it turns out, neither was 2017 fifth-rounder Nathan Peterman, who briefly replaced Taylor in the lineup last November and promptly threw five interceptions in 30 minutes of football. Taylor was traded to the Browns this offseason and Peterman heads into the 2018 season third on the depth chart behind veteran AJ McCarronand rookie first-round pick Josh Allen

So while the Bills addressed their quarterback situation, there's healthy skepticism that Allen will ever approach anything resembling a franchise player. At issue: Even though the team traded up from No. 12 to No. 7 to draft him, Allen's college numbers at Wyoming were pedestrian; he completed just 56.3 percent of his passes last season, ranked 72nd in the country in passing efficiency, and struggled against better teams. 

We mention all this because not only do some fans and media wonder how Allen's talents will translate as a professional, but so too does a Pro Bowl cornerback. Last week, the Bills tweeted a video that showed Allen throwing his first pass in practice as a member of the team: 

Josh Allen’s first snaps as a Buffalo Bill. ? #GoBills pic.twitter.com/sWkDcywA2j

— Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills) May 11, 2018

That prompted Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey, one of the league's best young players last season, to tweet (and then a short time later delete) this: 

Jalen Ramsey quickly deleted this tweet trolling #Bills rookie QB Josh Allen. 

Ramsey already in midseason form. pic.twitter.com/WpulnUlzeu

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) May 11, 2018

Ramsey later tweeted: 

??? imma chill

— Jalen Ramsey (@jalenramsey) May 11, 2018

Either way, message received. 

All the reports out of Bills rookie camp were amusing in that it was very similar to the reports about Hack last year: great arm, but a project who needs to work on accuracy! and footwork! and timing! They are so doomed.

By contrast, everyone in Arizona was super excited about Rosen’s early showings. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

All the reports out of Bills rookie camp were amusing in that it was very similar to the reports about Hack last year: great arm, but a project who needs to work on accuracy! and footwork! and timing! They are so doomed.

By contrast, everyone in Arizona was super excited about Rosen’s early showings. 

They didn't draft Allen to look smart at practice in May.  They drafted him to throw 60 yard jump balls to Zay Jones and Kelvin Benjamin during a blizzard in December.  The important thing for him is to be capable of throwing swing passes to Shady.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah Bills has a brain fart there. I think arisen will be the #2 QB of this draft. Josh allen May possibly slide to the 5th or even the 6th best b

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I still am in disbelief that they went Allen instead of Rosen anyway. Rosen is 20000x the passer Allen is. I understand the ceiling part of it all but when you have such a low floor....the safer pick just seems like the better one for an equally QB suffering organization like the Buffalo Bills.

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Now I have to copy and paste it in the address box..jeez JetNation...why don’t you leave the paperboy-ing to the professionals.

ps. For the uptight buttfumblers like @peebag I’m just giving Freemanm a hard time. It’s like..a joke..because you know..those are still in style these days. 

adidos

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And Rosen will look great until he's been hit a few times by a 320 lb D lineman that's in a bad mood. 

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I still am in disbelief that they went Allen instead of Rosen anyway. Rosen is 20000x the passer Allen is. I understand the ceiling part of it all but when you have such a low floor....the safer pick just seems like the better one for an equally QB suffering organization like the Buffalo Bills.

Apparently it was his personality and cold weather ability that convinced them to go with this Josh over the other. They saw Allen as the QB that fit the Buffalo market better and they got scared off by Rosen's outspokenness I guess.

Not saying that was a good reason or not, but that's the logic. 

Edit: I feel like I should mention that his upside made making that decision easier. "He's a better personality fit AND he could be the better QB, why not go with him"?

I'm kinda glad Buffalo took Allen. Not because I think he'll suck but since him and Darnold are good friends, could spark some serious competition if they both end up playing well. One trying to get the best of the other, should make for a good rivalry. 

What the hell are you talking about?

08n_00351.gif.05bce5417a9909f735d8999d11

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Rosen was always going to be the early favorite. He got sooo lucky ending up in Arizona. Good for him.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Trying to figure out why I get neg repped for jokes. Trying to figure out why so many people on here don’t know how to take one. Trying to figure out the time space continuum.

Not trying to be an A-hope but you seem to REALLY care about the rep thing. You in a bet with someone  ? Do we get a prize for most positive reps in a yr ? Lol kidding ?

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

And they will continue to be .....................until of course he gets hit, and comes staggering off the field

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

They didn't draft Allen to look smart at practice in May.  They drafted him to throw 60 yard jump balls to Zay Jones and Kelvin Benjamin during a blizzard in December.  The important thing for him is to be capable of throwing swing passes to Shady.

Problem is, he can’t do that, either.

I'm kinda glad Buffalo took Allen. Not because I think he'll suck but since him and Darnold are good friends, could spark some serious competition if they both end up playing well. One trying to get the best of the other, should make for a good rivalry. 
Not positive but it looks like Rosen isn't in that QB circle. Also, Rosen's father could pull him out after his next concussion.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Rosen is going to be good.  No doubt.  Allen on the other hand?  Will be dog excrement.

Really glad hes not a jet. 

This guy, if he winds up a bust i will never ever be enamored by the prototype fqb that has it all except accuracy and college production

So glad we got darnold. Already ordered my 35 dollar ebay jersey from china. Hope to run into sar1 one day wearing it

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I love when these teams overthink things or act like they see something that everyone else can't.  That's how you end up drafting a guy who can't hit the broadside of a barn but "loves football" over a guy who can sling it but also enjoys tennis.

5 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

I love when these teams overthink things or act like they see something that everyone else can't.  That's how you end up drafting a guy who can't hit the broadside of a barn but "loves football" over a guy who can sling it but also enjoys tennis.

So you are on the record as saying that Allen and Rosen were mistakes? 

3 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

Apparently it was his personality and cold weather ability that convinced them to go with this Josh over the other. They saw Allen as the QB that fit the Buffalo market better and they got scared off by Rosen's outspokenness I guess.

Not saying that was a good reason or not, but that's the logic. 

Edit: I feel like I should mention that his upside made making that decision easier. "He's a better personality fit AND he could be the better QB, why not go with him"?

Everyone seems to parrot that line that he has a higher upside.  I respectfully disagree.  Because he has a bigger arm or because he's taller?  Doesn't he have to show something?  He has been mediocre compared to Rosen, at least to date.  So why does he have a higher upside?

Archived