Sign in to follow this  
kelly

Kelly Dept.: Kelly posts links to articles and Big Bang Theory gifs here ~~~

2 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Jets best LB unit to date was Buttle, Blinka, Mehl and Clifton.

this is sad

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:44 PM, Nostradamus said:

So it might surprise you then to know the players got their official "start of preseason" depth chart posted yesterday.   The media hasn't gotten wind of it yet but Jordan Jenkins is listed as the 3rd SAM linebacker.    So.....take that for whats its worth.   He can work his way up through the course of the preseason and regular season.  But he currently sits at 3rd on the depth chart.   Mauldin is the starter on the other side at the Will.   

who are the players listed ahead of Jordan at Sam  linebacker ?  Thanks in advance .

• Upvote 1

Do we need an infusion of youth or of Talent considering what's on the roster .

OG :

Craig Watts -  25 yrs old

Jarvis Harrison - 24 yrs old

Mike Liedtke - 24 yrs old

Dakota Dozier - 25 yrs old

Brian Winters - 25 yrs old

OC :

Wesley Johnson - 25 yrs old

Kyle Friend - 23 yrs old

OT :

Brandon Shell - 24 yrs old

Brent Qvale - 25 yrs old

Jesse Davis -  24 yrs old

Ben Ijalana - 26 ys old

Looks like plenty of youth is around camp, but is any of it worth a darn ?

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 0:08 PM, jcass10 said:

Definitely need an infusion of young talent. Lots of young players, but we have no clue if they are any good at all.

What I do like is that Mac recognizes that this is an issue since he tried to trade for Tunsil. I expect OL to be addressed this year early (1st or 2nd).

Or maybe a smart GM realized that one of the top players in the draft was dropping and tried to steal him  .  If the Jets wanted Tunsil as badly as some may believe, he would be a Jet today .

Personally, I would cut Mangold, try to sign Johnson, Ijalana and Kalil  and look to the draft from there .

3 hours ago, kelly said:

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

How 'bout the turnaround by the Jets' defense? After surrendering a league-high 66 points in the first games, the defense has allowed only two touchdowns in the last eight-plus quarters. The Jets tightened up their run defense, making their last two opponents one-dimensional. The linebackers, Demario Davis in particular, are doing a better job of reading keys and plugging running lanes.

>         http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

No Rich, the defensive linemen are tying up blockers and allowing the linebackers to flow to the ball . 

I hope the Jets find a way to resign Dozier . I think I see some improvement in his play, more so than I saw in Brian Winters 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company